In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Texas restrictions on abortions lifted!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Politics
That right! Abortions on demand like it's convenience grocery store.Let the blood flow into the streets of hell for our children for our country sanctions more murder every day!

I know regulate sex to make people more responsible! Save a life like they do with here in this world instead in your mother's womb!

serf

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/654afc839388440f8a4efc2eb22ca41a/supreme-court-strikes-down-texas-abortion-clini

Thomas wrote that the decision "exemplifies the court's troubling tendency 'to bend the rules when any effort to limit abortion, or even to speak in opposition to abortion, is at issue.'" Thomas was quoting an earlier abortion dissent from Justice Antonin Scalia, who died in February. Scalia has not yet been replaced, so only eight justices voted.

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    I used to be 100% against abortion until I realized it was mainly just liberals killing future liberals.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    I used to be 100% against abortion until I realized it was mainly just liberals killing future liberals.

Yeah but the kid inside her didn't have a chance and that's what it's all about. Saving a life. Who knows what would have been.

serf
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texas would have had a better chance, IMO, if they would have included all convenience/cosmetic surgery centers in the law. By signaling out abortion providers they did specifically what Steven pointed out. They crafted a law to make it harder to obtain abortions.

Had all cosmetic and elective surgery centers been covered, it would have at least made the law seem legitimate.

The big point in this, however, is that the ruling was that the Texas law imposed an undue burden on a woman who only wanted to exercise her right to an abortion.

Breyer in writing the decision along with Ginsburg, Sotomayor, Kagan and Kennedy held that a person cannot be unduly burdened in the exercising a Constitutional right.

In Heller and McDonald Alito, Roberts, Thomas and Kennedy agreed with the concept, yet Ginsburg and Breyer found the application in these cases to be unimportant.

The politicization of the court is so blatant as to be disgusting.

It is safe to say that Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Kagan would have no problem forcing an undue burden on someone exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights. It has been demonstrated that Roberts, Alito and Thomas have no problem forcing an undue burden on someone exercising the now established right to abort a fetus.

Kennedy is the only Constitutionally consistent member of the court on these two disparate issues.

Kennedy should remain on the bench as a proper example. The rest should be impeached because they have demonstrated that they have politicized their position.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The only undue burden is put on the child with uncaring and unloving people that committed the act of ABORTION! They can go almost to the third trimester on pregnancy now! It's Worst than war the nazi feminism condemn everyday that is blamed on Men!

Even the doctors know it's murder!

http://www.motherjones.com/media/2013/09/film-review-after-tiller-third-trimester-abortion

The process of third-trimester abortion is especially wrenching. The practitioners must euthanize the fetus in utero by injecting a drug into its heart, and then induce labor so the woman can deliver a stillborn child. Some families hold funerals, saying hello and goodbye to their baby in the same devastating moment. In the film, one couple takes home tiny hand and foot prints.

Many Americans consider third-trimester abortion homicide; in a December 2012 Gallup poll, only 14 percent of respondents said it should be legal. This past June, in fact, the House of Representatives passed legislation that would outlaw abortions after 20 weeks, except in cases of rape, incest, and where the health of the woman is endangered. The Senate won't even consider the legislation, and the White House has indicated it would veto such a bill. Still, 11 states have enacted similar abortion bans; Arizona even narrowed the window to 18 weeks, although the courts have blocked it and two other states from enforcing these laws, according t
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

The only undue burden is put on the child with uncaring and unloving people that committed the act of ABORTION! They can go almost to the third trimester on pregnancy now! It's Worst than war the nazi feminism condemn everyday that is blamed on Men!

Even the doctors know it's murder!

http://www.motherjones.com/media/2013/09/film-review-after-tiller-third-trimester-abortion

The process of third-trimester abortion is especially wrenching. The practitioners must euthanize the fetus in utero by injecting a drug into its heart, and then induce labor so the woman can deliver a stillborn child. Some families hold funerals, saying hello and goodbye to their baby in the same devastating moment. In the film, one couple takes home tiny hand and foot prints.

Many Americans consider third-trimester abortion homicide; in a December 2012 Gallup poll, only 14 percent of respondents said it should be legal. This past June, in fact, the House of Representatives passed legislation that would outlaw abortions after 20 weeks, except in cases of rape, incest, and where the health of the woman is endangered. The Senate won't even consider the legislation, and the White House has indicated it would veto such a bill. Still, 11 states have enacted similar abortion bans; Arizona even narrowed the window to 18 weeks, although the courts have blocked it and two other states from enforcing these laws, according t

I believe the same way, serf, but that was not the case being decided.

The case involved whether the Texas Law comported with the relatively new right to abort a child. Just as I believe the original Roe v. Wade case was journey into judicial activism, deciding for the Texas Law would have been the same given that the 'right' to abort a child was not being challenged. It was a transparent law that purported to be about the health of the woman but was obviously about reducing the availability of abortions in the state of Texas.

Therefore, if we are to insist upon principled jurisprudence, a conservative justice, IMO, should have found for the plaintiff, and not injected his personal ideology into the case. The facts are that this case was about an attempt to limit the availability of abortions. Roe v. Wade and subsequent court decisions have confirmed that the ability to have an abortion is a right guaranteed by our Constitution. Until the existence of that right is successfully challenged, a principled justice would have to protect that right by striking down legislation that infringes upon it.

We can't have it both ways. If we are to insist upon a non-activist judiciary, it is difficult to support the position of the minority in this case.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately the persons that needs representation cannot speak to our illustrious supreme court. Our Constitution and Bill rights is only as good as the interpreters judges on the high court. THE unborn are real viable lifes being extinguished (MURDERED) to say otherwise is a miscarriage of justice.

Just watch them knock down The Second amendment next year and Take down The NRA along with it. If they can kill or murder at will then what makes you think they value life on principles or justice,The republic is dead. Full of dead bones with blood everywhere.

serf

He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. "Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
    -#8201;Luke 18:9-14, World English Bible
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

Unfortunately the persons that needs representation cannot speak to our illustrious supreme court. Our Constitution and Bill rights is only as good as the interpreters judges on the high court. THE unborn are real viable lifes being extinguished (MURDERED) to say otherwise is a miscarriage of justice.

Just watch them knock down The Second amendment next year and Take down The NRA along with it. If they can kill or murder at will then what makes you think they value life on principles or justice,The republic is dead. Full of dead bones with blood everywhere.

serf

I am in agreement with you serf. Sadly we are well past the time when the very premise of Roe v. Wade can be argued at the Federal Level. If it is not the killing of a U.S. citizen, there is no Constitutional provision for the Federal Government to be involved.

That is not, however, my point. My point is that all justices should be bound to uphold the rule of law absent a political agenda. The fact that we can predict how specific justices will decide on issues based upon ideology should be grounds for impeachment.

Brad Steele