In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ross Perot

slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Politics
Does anyone remember in 1992 he said: "I hear a giant sucking sound" about NAFTA? Seems like Trump could somehow use this to further himself; Bill having signed NAFTA and all.....

Comments

• droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ross Perot "GIANT SUCKING SOUND" U-Tube Video. Perot is 85 and still alive. (rhymes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ7kn2-GEmM

Bill Clinton was "smiling" all the time.

Seems hard to determine why Perot quit. There was this interesting post from 2008.

The thing that is most disturbing about the whole situation was how this highly confident almost arrogant personality running for president transformed to a meek chicken-like person when he was being interviewed about why he quit the race. Whoever threatened him scared the living hell out of him. The donkeys and/or the elephants seemed to have the motive.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread298741/pg1

Perot could be the "Interview of the Year" and why not Megyn Kelly doing the questioning.
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also recall he garnered 18% of the total vote, this obviously cost Bush 41 several States and gave us BJ Clinton.
    This was a strong showing for a third party candidate and he got 0 electoral votes.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i remember how nafta hurt us farming...and carter's embargo on farm products while..ford, cat, and a few big companies made mucsameney off of the pipeline to eastern europe...we...(wink wink) discovered years later it was built with slave labor...ag sector took another big hit
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the big give away to The Global NWO under The United Nations. Britain is soon to vote out of the E.U. and The central bankers are soon to have a big reset.

Look for all paper currencies to take a big hit including the dollar. Hillary will take our firearms and enlist foreign troops if need be to help her.

Trump is not going to get the Women,Hispanic,Muslim,Happy Couples,Liberals and the Black vote at all. 2016 is the year of great change. You will not like it if your a conservative.

serf
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first time I ever heard of Clinton he was making a speech AGAINST NAFTA.
    I thought he sounded pretty good. It wasn't until later that he came up with the "I smoked but didn't inhale" & I found out about his draft dodging & protests in Moscow against the Vietnam War. I think that was about Feb of 1992.
    I thought Perot sounded pretty good too until he dropped out & came up with that silly excuse. When he dropped back in any chance he had was long gone.
    So then we had George the Ist, Perot & Clinton to choose from.
    Then in 2000 we had George the Lesser & Gore to choose from.
    I thought those two elections were bad but now our choices are FAR worse.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    perot started out sounding good then progressively went wacko....trump has some good ideas but is making an enemy of almost everyone
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perot got 29% of the vote and we wouldn't be in this mess today if he had won. On the other hand his being in the race is what got Clinton elected. Clinton essentially won by accident because
    Perot split the Republican vote. The same thing will hapen if enough people vote for some candidate other than Trump. We will have Clinton on steroids. Obama the third.
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Perot got 29% of the vote and we wouldn't be in this mess today if he had won. On the other hand his being in the race is what got Clinton elected. Clinton essentially won by accident because
    Perot split the Republican vote. The same thing will hapen if enough people vote for some candidate other than Trump. We will have Clinton on steroids. Obama the third.

Actually
    Clinton 43%
    Bush 37.4%
    Perot 18.9%
  • o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah and thta A hole (Snakehead) and begalla and stephonupurass
    called it a LANDSLIDE VICTORY
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818

Actually
    Clinton 43%
    Bush 37.4%
    Perot 18.9%

That's pretty much what happened in 1860 & we know what a disaster that turned out to be.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stand corrected.
    The results were still the same. A vote for anybody but Trump will result in the same also.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's funny how things work out.

Perot likely swung the election to Clinton (don't assume that all Perot votes would have went to Bush by default)

If Clinton loses that election, what happens?

Without the Presidency protecting him, Clinton would have likely been brought down by scandal and his harpy wife wouldn't have been able to ride his coat tails to power.

For that alone, I damn you eternally, Ross Perot.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perot hated the Bush family. Even though I liked him in the beginning, I believe he only wanted to sabotage Bush, and I believe he did. I really think that he, like Trump, was surprised at the level of support he was getting. But unlike Trump, he abandoned ship because he really didn't want to win. Trump is following thru because he hates to lose. Just my opinion.
  • Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Henty R Pierot QUIT every damn thing he ever started in his life.

Henry only ran to fulfill his need for a Texas Blood Feud.