In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Republican Candidate ?

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Politics
Is there time for a change from Trump to someone else with less than 14 weeks till Election Day.
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    or committed to a nut house[:D] quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    The current candidate would need to resign.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just ask yourself why the outright never ending attacks in terms of outright lies, distortiong and taking everything Trump says out of context and turning everything positive Trump says into a negative. Not reporting exact verbatim and hideous incessant lies about Trump as well as his family members espoused daily by the most corrupt bias liberal DEMOCRAT MEDIA ever.

How about the RNC described as 4 days of hate by DEMOCRATs media pundits while censors erased every negative microbyte during the CLINTON coronation and replaced with dribble and drooling infatuation by some sycophant. In fact, Drudge had videos of pundits from CNN and other media elitist drinking champagne and making toasts after MRS Bill Clinton accepted the coronation.

After watching the DEMOCRAT party attack media destroy many GOP nominees, I never trust them. These DEMOCRATs are criminals and need to be ignored. The mere fact that Trump attacks these people and has publicly described the DEMOCRATs in the media as scum and crooks is spot on. Someone has to say it.

Also consider the DEMOCRATs know Trump is ahead in the polls and has surged since the DNC coronation. These DEMs are scared and in full attack mode as one can tell by the constant attacks and lies while completely ignoring the CLINTON scandals.
  • cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO Get over it. I never liked him but the votes have spoken it's trump or hillary make your choice.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I don't think so.

A new candidate wouldn't be on the ballot in all states.

Might be able to work some electoral college magic.

But looks like we are stuck with Hillary.
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump is going to win. He he just playing with em. When he gets down to business look out.
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    Trump is going to win.

IF the ballots are tallied correctly.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Democratic party has given us (Republicans) a gift of a lifetime by nominating Hillary Clinton [:)], we in turn did the same for them by nominating Donald Trump [8)] when there was much better qualified candidates running on the Republican ticket........That said, I'll still vote for Trump and hold my breath......which is something he should do instead of talking [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a chance. It's do or die, but even in defeat the enemy within both parties will have a very difficult time recovering since the people backing Sanders and Trump will most likely stay in revolt against evil politicians.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    The Democratic party has given us (Republicans) a gift of a lifetime by nominating Hillary Clinton [:)], we in turn did the same for them by nominating Donald Trump [8)] when there was much better qualified candidates running on the Republican ticket........That said, I'll still vote for Trump and hold my breath......which is something he should do instead of talking [;)]

I have to disagree with you about a better qualified candidate being available other than Trump, unless "more of the same old same, old" satisfies you. Who among them could have possibly brought about change for the better?
    What's next?
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm starting to look at boats so I can have a boating accident in the near future[:(]
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

I have to disagree with you about a better qualified candidate being available other than Trump, unless "more of the same old same, old" satisfies you. Who among them could have possibly brought about change for the better?
    Not taking time to play name tag with you but right off I'd say a few outside the D.C fraternity would been better qualified to make the system work for them/us in a civil manner without Trumps rich boy tantrums .....after all it is politics. [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I pray every day that they will both croak simultaneously the day before the election.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cranky2
    NO Get over it. I never liked him but the votes have spoken it's trump or hillary make your choice.

I'm voting Republican no matter what.
    I wonder if Trump can be replaced at such a late date.
    He has done just about everything he can to self-destruct.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
    edited November -1

Not taking time to play name tag with you but right off I'd say a few outside the D.C fraternity would been better qualified to make the system work for them/us in a civil manner without Trumps rich boy tantrums .....after all it is politics. [;)]

I could not think of any one particular individual either.
    What's next?
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    Just ask yourself why the outright never ending attacks in terms of outright lies, distortiong and taking everything Trump says out of context and turning everything positive Trump says into a negative. Not reporting exact verbatim and hideous incessant lies about Trump as well as his family members espoused daily by the most corrupt bias liberal DEMOCRAT MEDIA ever.

How about the RNC described as 4 days of hate by DEMOCRATs media pundits while censors erased every negative microbyte during the CLINTON coronation and replaced with dribble and drooling infatuation by some sycophant. In fact, Drudge had videos of pundits from CNN and other media elitist drinking champagne and making toasts after MRS Bill Clinton accepted the coronation.

After watching the DEMOCRAT party attack media destroy many GOP nominees, I never trust them. These DEMOCRATs are criminals and need to be ignored. The mere fact that Trump attacks these people and has publicly described the DEMOCRATs in the media as scum and crooks is spot on. Someone has to say it.

Also consider the DEMOCRATs know Trump is ahead in the polls and has surged since the DNC coronation. These DEMs are scared and in full attack mode as one can tell by the constant attacks and lies while completely ignoring the CLINTON scandals.

Nice to see someone GETS IT.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen to chiefR.
    I couldn't say it any better. All the little things that have been used against Trump are extremely minor when compared to the corruption and lies of Hillery and Obama.
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

OK, I tried to let this go (really I did).

More qualified than Trump.

Carly Fiorina (political outsider)
    Rand Paul (understands Constitution)
    Ben Carson (political outsider)
    Ted Cruz (understands Constitution, called out the establishment leadership of his own party for lying and NOT doing what they have campaigned on, Cruz has tried to do everything he campaigned on when running for the Senate )
    Rick Perry (Governor of Texas)
    Scott Walker (Governor of Wisconsin)
    Bobby Jindal (Governor of Louisiana)

NOT a one of these is "more of the same, old". MOST of them have an actual record, and that record does NOT includes supporting liberal Democrats. Trump was NOT the most conservative in the race, just because he said so. Trump may actually love this country but he does not hold exclusive rights to that.

I am not opposed to Trump. He would likely be better than any breathing Democrat. I just wish he would shut the bleen up and stay on message, talk policies and tear apart the Democrat non specific positions.

But, if you like a wall, he will build it....PERIOD.

I certainly don't want to pop anyone's Hope and Change bubble.......
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those of you voting Rep bear in mind there is monumental liberal media spin like never before against a republican nominee, they are terrified of a loosing by a land slide which can very well be the case.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The entire establishment is against Trump. That includes both parties.
    That is his best asset. If he sneezes it's a dirty rotten insult to somebody.
    Hillery says she is for taxing the heck out of the rich while Warren Buffett sits right behind her applauding. He is one of the worlds richest men and he is the reason the big pipe line was never approved by the administration or Hillery. He owns the railroad that is trans porting all the oil now. Bill gates owns the rail road that transports it on the Canadian side. They are both big Democrat contributors. I'm sure Hillery will tax the heck out of them. Right?