In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What is he referring to?

casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Politics
In a rare moment of public introspection since becoming the Republican nominee for president, Donald Trump said he regrets saying the "wrong things" and causing people "personal pain" through his often brash rhetoric.

"Sometimes, in the heat of the debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don't choose the right words or you say the wrong thing," Trump said Thursday night in Charlotte, N.C. "I have done that, and I regret it, particularly where it may have caused personal pain."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/18/trump-voices-regret-for-causing-personal-pain-during-campaign/

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Golly, where to start.

Megyn Kelly was on the rag and lying about how he 'other places' referred to her nose.

Mimicking a disabled reporter.

Carly Fiorina's face.

Sending out disparaging photo comparing Mrs. Cruz to Mrs. Trump

He saw thousands of muslims dancing on the rooftops in Jersey on 11 September, 2001.

Second Amendment folks may have a 'solution' should Hilary appoint judges.

How many more do you want?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Golly, where to start.

Megyn Kelly was on the rag and lying about how he 'other places' referred to her nose.

Mimicking a disabled reporter. This one could fit the criteria.

Carly Fiorina's face.

He saw thousands of muslims dancing on the rooftops in Jersey on 11 September, 2001.

I wouldn't think a comment that he repeated for several days or longer "Sometimes, in the heat of the debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don't choose the right words or you say the wrong thing,". would qualify as in the "heat".
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    say it aint so
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    Golly, where to start.

Carly Fiorina's face.

I wouldn't think a comment that he repeated for several days or longer "Sometimes, in the heat of the debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don't choose the right words or you say the wrong thing,". would qualify as in the "heat".

So there were only a couple hundred Muslim dancers. What difference does it make at this point?
    That doesn't equate with four or five liberal supreme court judges.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    Golly, where to start.

Carly Fiorina's face.

So there were only a couple hundred Muslim dancers. What difference does it make at this point?
    That doesn't equate with four or five liberal supreme court judges.

There were only a few (maybe), but they were never televised and were obviously not visible from Trump Tower or wherever Trump was.

He made it up. He lied, and accused skeptics of lying about his lie.

It is what he has done from day one of his campaign, so no real surprise.

At some point, people will wake up and realize that the big government right is a dangerous to our liberty as is the big government left. Obviously most are not yet ready to accept this reality.

FWIW, Hillary's big government leftists scare me no more than do Trump's big government pseudo-conservatives.

Brad Steele
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally I'm more scared of Hillery than I am of Trump.
    I would rather jump out of a plane with a parachute that I wasn't sure of than without one.
    Anybody but Trump or Hillery is a no vote. Protest votes are BS. You can protest on the way to the electric chair it's the same thing.
    Do you really think Hillary cares if you vote for Johnson. She is laughing at you guys. Your a joke to her. No wonder she is always laughing.
    what.jpg
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would rather jump out of a plane with a parachute that I wasn't sure of than without one.
    Anybody but Trump or Hillery is a no vote. Protest votes are BS. You can protest on the way to the electric chair it's the same thing.
    Do you really think Hillary cares if you vote for Johnson. She is laughing at you guys. Your a joke to her. No wonder she is always laughing.
    what.jpg

Absolutely If your here on GB your here for the same reason we all are. Our firearms. So there is only one choice.
    edited November -1
    what.jpg

Why would you jump with a parachute you were not sure of? Seems a rather silly idea if you ask me.

Brad Steele
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Some folks just had to have him.

Now they've got him, and he is showing what he is made of.

As are they.

Quite a prize.

....And they were warned time after time after time not to do it yet they just had to touch the burner to see if it really is hot.
  • Fazer1Fazer1 Member Posts: 332
    edited November -1
    You have to remember Trump is not a professional politician.

He doesn't have the experience and knowledge of how to talk for an hour and say nothing. Never answer the question just go around in circles.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fazer1

He doesn't have the experience and knowledge of how to talk for an hour and say nothing. Never answer the question just go around in circles.

Have you ever listened to one of his rallies? He is virtually unmatched in talking for an hour without saying anything of substance.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,251 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Some folks just had to have him.

Now they've got him, and he is showing what he is made of.

As are they.

Quite a prize.
    Really frustrating considering there were good alternatives at the time.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,251 ******
    edited November -1

Have you ever listened to one of his rallies? He is virtually unmatched in talking for an hour without saying anything of substance.
    Ahem:obama-1024.jpg
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The main thing that turned me off on Trump was that his Really Great promises must come from Congress, I did not hear any reference to that. Unless you are expecting a BO II type of President. As long as there are 40 Democrats in the Senate his agenda are DOA. I don't even see the repeal of the ACA getting thru again since the sure veto would not be there.

While I am not opposed to Trump I do not have very high expatitions on his campaign issues. So modifying his positions does not really bother me, it's just politics as usual.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Ahem:obama-1024.jpg

'Virtually' gives wiggle room.[:I]

Brad Steele