In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Clinton Accuses Trump of Giving a "National

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Politics
USE YOUR NATIONAL MEGAPHONE 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please comment on the content of the below article in reference to like people in the democratic party, plus the 'national megaphone' now available to people via the Internet that have 'always' been silenced and caged in a society built and controlled by establishment politicians in both parties.

Seattle Times Headline: Clinton Accuses Trump of Giving 'National Megaphone' to Racists

Article titled Clinton: Trump Embraces Hate Groups

By EVAN HALPER
Tribune Washington Bureau
Thursday, August 25,2016

WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton launched into a new, aggressive line of attack against Donald Trump on Thursday, accusing him of helping foment racial hatred and refashioning the Republican Party as a welcome home for white nationalists.

"He is taking hate groups mainstream and helping a radical fringe take over the Republican Party," Clinton said. "His disregard for the values that make our country great is profoundly dangerous."

In a presidential race that already stood out for its relentless volleys of personal insults and accusations, Clinton's allegations that Trump is warmly welcoming Ku Klux Klan sympathizers, neo-Nazis and other fringe racist elements into GOP politics stands out.

Trump didn't wait for Clinton to deliver her highly anticipated speech to respond, using his own appearance earlier in the day in Manchester, N.H., to call her remarks a "disgusting" effort to deflect attention from her own controversies. But he avoided criticizing the elements Clinton associated him with. Trump said that Republicans who had responded in such a way in the past were weak apologists. ([^][:D])

Clinton took aim at Trump's affiliations with the so-called alt-right movement, a loosely organized network of anti-establishment activists on the right that helped fuel the GOP nominee's rise. The largely online movement includes legions of openly racist and anti-Semitic activists who operate in what Clinton described as the "far dark reaches of the internet."

The alt-right has long cheered Trump, but their ties were strengthened in his latest campaign shake-up. Stephen K. Bannon, former editor of the alt-right favorite Breitbart News, now runs Trump's campaign.

"There's always been a paranoid fringe in our politics, a lot of it arising from racial resentment," Clinton said. "But it's never had the nominee of a major party stoking it, encouraging it, and giving it a national megaphone until now."

Clinton called out Trump for retweeting white supremacists, for posting an online attack on her that was widely perceived as anti-Semitic - it included a Star of David over piles of dollar bills - and for initially selecting a white nationalist leader as a convention delegate from California.

"When Trump was asked about anti-Semitic slurs and death threats coming from his supporters, he refused to condemn them," Clinton said. "Through it all, he has continued pushing discredited conspiracy theories with racist undertones."

During his own speech just before, Trump accused Clinton of making a desperation play as controversies continue to swirl around her involving her private email server and questions of whether big donors to the Clinton Foundation got special access to her when she was secretary of State.

"It's the oldest play in the Democratic playbook," Trump said. "When Democratic policies fail, they are left with only this one tired argument: `You're racist, you're racist, you're racist.' ... Hillary Clinton isn't just attacking me. She is attacking all of the decent people of all backgrounds who support this incredible, once-in-a-lifetime movement."

No recent major presidential nominee has been as adored by white nationalists and anti-Semites as Trump. They are encouraged by his vows to deport millions of people in the U.S. illegally, build a giant wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, and ban Muslims from entering the U.S.

It's not the first time a presidential candidate has been in the uncomfortable position of having fringe racists cheer them on, but others have tended to be more aggressive about immediately distancing themselves from such supporters.

In 2008, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., pushed back against a voter at a town hall who launched into a rant about then-Sen. Barack Obama supposedly being a Muslim; Obama is Christian. Clinton remarked in her speech about how former President George W. Bush led the call for religious tolerance after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, when anti-Islamic sentiment was heightened in the U.S.

Trump has been more cautious about disavowing support from white nationalists. When asked in February by CNN about his endorsement from former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke of Louisiana, Trump first said he knew nothing about Duke. After the moderator explained he was a former Klan leader, Trump said: "Honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I have ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him. And I just don't know anything about him."

The Clinton campaign included footage of such wavering in a new video that included white supremacists offering praise for the GOP nominee. It closed with a warning in bold text: "If Trump wins, they could be running the country."

In Nevada, where Clinton delivered her address Thursday, she and Trump are locked in a close race. Her success there depends largely on whether she can turn out a large share of Latino voters, and the speech sought to motivate them by linking Trump's mass deportation plan and calls to build a border wall to white nationalists.

Trump is making his own, very different appeal to minorities. In New Hampshire, he continued his "What the hell have you got to lose?" appeal to blacks, during which he proposes they take a chance on him if for no other reason than his dim assessment of the conditions they live under in America's Democratic-controlled cities.

"It can't get any worse than it is right now," he said.

He charged Democrats with confining blacks to a dismal existence of horrendous schools and unsafe neighborhoods, and said he could pull them out of it. The pitch, which he continues to make before mostly white audiences, has been met with little enthusiasm by nonwhite voters.

Clinton said Trump's message was offensive.

"Trump has stood up in front of largely white audiences and described black communities in such insulting and ignorant terms," Clinton said. "It really does take a lot of nerve to ask people he's ignored and mistreated for decades, `What do you have to lose?' because the answer is everything."

http://www.gazettenet.com/Trump-accused-of-welcoming-white-supremacists-4337618
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With Hillarys back against the wall in the Clinton Foundation debacle. She is lashing out the old race card to attempt to deflect attention.

Shame on Clinton and democrats in general for frequently using this tactic to defer when things get tight.

If the race card is all she has things must be desperate for Hillary Clinton at this point...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    F that *. Typical libtard "play the racist BS" and point the finger to divert attention.

I hope the upcoming wikileaks releases buries her campaign for good.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like a monkey pushing a button for a cocaine reward, they keep trying long after the supply is run out.

I seriously don't think there are many folks who buy into this anymore.

If anything, they are now pushing back against it. Just so tired of it.

Put Hillary monkey in rehab (prison)
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762
    F that *. Typical libtard "play the racist BS" and point the finger to divert attention.

I hope the upcoming wikileaks releases buries her campaign for good.

I hope her next stroke buries her for EVER!!.
    The pigbeast is very sick:
    http://www.libertywritersnews.com/2016/08/urgent-hillarys-medical-handler-exposed-look-sick-thing-injects/
    Of course the pigbeast gets her dope for free
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-epipen-ceo-bresch-salary-20160824-story.html
    Oh and the CEO is a huge fraud "foundation" contributor/briber
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    If the race card is all that is left at this point, look for a crying episode followed by an assassination attempt on the Donald.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many minorities does Hillary employ? As far as I know there is one who comes from a family associated with a terrorist organization and was employed by the Clinton foundation as well as the state dept. at the same time. https://www.reddit.com/r/WomenForTrump/comments/4d03qn/lets_compile_a_list_of_prowomen_prominority/
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yet some here are still supporting her and Trump isn't perfect but in my opinion he beats the hell out of Obama and Hillary.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe, when she is shamed into retracting this, she will be able to use BleachBit on the internet to erase all record of it.

What am I saying? Bill has conditioned her to not feel shame.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Maybe, when she is shamed into retracting this, she will be able to use BleachBit on the internet to erase all record of it.

What am I saying? Bill has conditioned her to not feel shame.

Feeling shame would require a consciences. I don't think one could be a successful Democrat and have one. All the way back to their Arkansas days she had to "know" about Bill. Thus she is at least an enabler or co-conspirator. Shame. Out of the question.
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    F trump [:D] move this to politics
    f that *

nether is worthy of being potus this go around
    mods are wuzzies

trump or should i say Drumpf is a stupid idiot his back an forth
    flip flop flip flop flip flop just like the little mods[}:)]

[:X]
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    Yet some here are still supporting her and Trump isn't perfect but in my opinion he beats the hell out of Obama and Hillary.

Yep, the sheer numbers of de facto Clinton supporters on this forum is astounding.
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This oughta go over like a lead balloon.

quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    f that *

mods are wuzzies

• Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcitybill

f that *

mods are wuzzies

Looks like someone is off their meds again. [;)]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where the heck did they come up with this Alt-Right tag I've been hearing the past couple of weeks for the first time?

Sounds like something some commie slime just yanked out of their rear end.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

f that *

mods are wuzzies

Looks like someone is off their meds again. [;)]

Too much peyote.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sincere in asking this.

Do you think, even for a moment it makes any difference to the supporters of Hillary Rodham Clinton or Donald James Trump?
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    All the crap about "dog whistles", "alt right", Klinton Crime Family Foundation "Donations" from Foreign Countries, "careless" handling of National Security emails, the previous 30 years of "scandals" involving felony behavior, not to mention what Slick did since his days in the Arkansas state House provide a cogent view of exactly how the (D)s try to manipulate the "optics" (you gonna believe ME or your lyin' eyes) and change the subject whenever one of them steps on their chubby.
    Never elect another lyin',cheatin', perverted, power-hungry Marxist-inspired Progliblefty again.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump didn't wait for Clinton to deliver her highly anticipated speech to respond, using his own appearance earlier in the day in Manchester, N.H., to call her remarks a "disgusting" effort to deflect attention from her own controversies. But he avoided criticizing the elements Clinton associated him with. Trump said that Republicans who had responded in such a way in the past were weak apologists.

Listened to Trumps speech before Clinton "played the race card" and wondered how he knew?

Trumps speech: Cliton comments start at 24:00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9voS5Pcxrs

Remember, this was BEFORE Cliton made her speech. Cliton staff leak?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    f that *

mods are wuzzies

The profane remark of another genius no doubt. Chill out. Smoke another joint NOAH.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wonder if Ben Carson is a racist also he is for Trump. Hey HOAH how about a good old f word for DR Carson. you left him out the last loco rant.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Noahs Pokin the Lil bears
    What up Lopez Sniffin the Mastic Again[:D]
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1

f that *

mods are wuzzies

Yeah, I am reading this for the 1st time today. Not sure how I missed it. You just will never learn, will you NOAH. You are so funny. You know, you don"t have to be here right?? It is voluntary participation. You really crack me up. Bye bye Brother. :-)