In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Legalizing ilegal Immigrants

turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Politics
I wonder how many people in this country know that it is possible to draw a Social Security Pension (SSI) from the system after having never paid into the system.<P>Most all pension systems have strict guidelines that provide for minimum requirements, that must be met by there members; ei: length of years served, age, contributions, etc,,,<P>I know of and have heard of individuals who after having been given legalized (thru amenesty, or by legally applying) immigrant status have gone on to apply for assistance thru this Social Security Assistance Program and have been awarded a monthly income.<P>Some of these individuals then have returned home to live in retirement off this wind fall.<P>The Social Security system is tight lipped about this matter, as a matter of fact they refuse to even give out any information concerning this program.<P>Congress keeps harping about the system going bankrupt, but say nothing about these policies that apparently no one scrutenizes.<P>I am not against legal immigration, but it seems to me that to give illegal immigrants a legal status, has a way of sendin a wrong signaling, which may encourage an stampede to enter illegally into this country.<P>While it is true that illegal immigrants do contribute to the economy by their hard work and long hours, I would rather see a guest workers program,whereby they could perhaps contribute to a system, and I don't know whether it should be the SSI we have or someother type of program. <P>But to allow this to continue especially if the congress acts on this matter, how will allowing non payors to draw at the public trough insure the Social Security system to survive long enough to pay benefits to those that have been members for thirty or forty years, and have never received anything from it.<P>This business of amenesty and giving illegals legal status is not right, since it will not only fly in the face of the law abiding individuals and those that seek entry into this country be legal means. It undermines our system of justice.<P>Imagine, it will pay to be a law breaker.<P>The Democratic party would like to give everyone anything and everything they want in exchange for votes; anyone; naturally can see the advantage to catering to the those that come seeking a future for themselves and their families, since most come from countries where the government does very little or nothing at all for their people, it's only natural that they (the immigrant) would support a party that wants to redistribute the wealth of this country in favor of those that don't have, at the expense of the middle and upper wage earners and business community.<P>But then again, why work if you can apply for and get SSI assistance; after all you only have to prove that you have no assets and have dependants, (they don't even have to be in this country)that depend on you. And thet way you do that is you get a social security number issued to each child you claim as a dependent.<P>Just wondering if I'am wrong; how do you feel about this subject.

Comments

• LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I saw a report years ago on TV about a crooked doctor in New York who was fixing-up Asian immigrants, specifically Cambodians, with Supplemental Security Income, straight out of the Social Security coffers.He would fill out the paperwork for them, in exchange for a substantial fee, and claim them mentally unfit to hold a job in the U.S. The reason he used was culture shock. He claimed the poor Cambodians were so overwhelmed by the experience of being thrust into American society that they couldn't function.People who had been in this country just a matter of weeks, had never paid a dime into Social Security, were drawing a pension from it. Probably at a rate many times over what they ever earned in their native Cambodia.Outrageous!!
  • XBEARXBEAR Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HERES A LITTLE STORY ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIAGANTS. IN 1966 WHEN I STARTED LAW ENFORCEMENT THERE WAS A BOUNTY ON PICKING UP THESE PEOPLE(NEW MEXICO) I WULD PICKUP A BUNCH OF THEM, PUT THEM IN JAIL, CALL IMMIGRATION(BORDER PATROL) AND ADVISE THEM HOW MANY I HAD. IN A FEW DAYS THEY WOULD COME PICK THEM UP AND I WOULD GET $5.00 PER HEAD. THIS WENT ON FOR A WHILE AND THEN THEY STARTED GIVING A BOX OF 357 MAG. AMMO FOR EACH HEAD AND NOT MONEY. THEN LATER THEY STOPPED THAT. YOU COULD PICKUP A BUNCH AND CALL THEM AND THEY WOULD TELL ME TO DO WHAT I WANTED WITH THEM THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE TIME TO FOOL WITH THEM. THEY WOULD COME GET THEM IF THEY HAD COMMITED A FELONY. I HAVE LIVED AROUND MEXICANS ALL OF MY LIFE. MOST OF THE MEXICANS IN MEXICO ARE VERY POOR. THEY WANT TO BE IN USA FOR MONEY. THAT IS WELL AND GOOD. DO IT RIGHT. BUT TO LET THE 2 OR 3 MILLION ILLEGALS HAVE A BLANKET PASS FOR CITIZENSHIP. NO WAY. THERE ARE AMERICANS RIGHT HERE IN USA THAT NEED THE JOBS THEY WILL TAKE. PEOPLE IN THE USA STARVING. DONT GET ME WRONG, I HAVE A LOT OF MEXICAN FRIENDS. OUT OF THE WHOLE 2 OR 3 MILLION, HOW MANY CROOKS,DOPERS,FELONS ARE THERE? A LOT OF THEM WOULD TAKE THE MONEY BACK TO MEXICO ANYWAY. THEY COULD LIVE LIKE KINGS. CHECK THE CONVERSON RATE OF AMERICAN AND PASO. WELL, THATS MY SAY. THANKS FOR LISTENING. XBEAR
  • Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fasten seat belts & put drinks down.

SSD has gotten even better if you know how to work the system, In 2016, if you can not speak and communicate sufficiently in English to hold a job, you qualify for Disability payments.

If you are white, 55 years of age and have 2 rebuilt knees and 3 shoulder surgeries all precluding your continuing in your trade, and have paid in since you were 16 years old, You DO NOT qualify for Disability.