In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Second Amendment has a Shelf Life

mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
edited September 2016 in Politics
And it expires the day Trump or Clinton get elected.

Comments

• Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey Magoo

Nothing is foolproof to a talented FOOL.

where did you come up with that about The C. Woman And The donald.

From some Talented fool.
    She has said it in a roundabout way, but Hvent heard him make a stupid statement like that

You must have got that from a talented fool.

How do you discern one ? birds of a feather you know
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by o b juan
    hey Magoo

Nothing is foolproof to a talented FOOL.

where did you come up with that about The C. Woman And The donald.

From some Talented fool.
    She has said it in a roundabout way, but Hvent heard him make a stupid statement like that

You must have got that from a talented fool.

How do you discern one ? birds of a feather you know

Trumps gun position, in his book he writes "but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun".

https://www.amazon.com/America-We-Deserve-Donald-Trump-ebook/dp/B003H4I4Q8

And that is only one little tidbit.

I was going to start a TV reality show, "America's got Talented Fools", you wann sign up?

You may have to wait years in line for your audition, just alot of fools out there.
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not sure if I cold compete with the show host[:I][:I][:I]
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many times must it be pointed out that the right to own guns is in the constitution. It requires a constitutional admendment to change. If it did not, the United States would ONLY have B.B. guns and sling shots (with permission).

"Generally, where modern constitutions refer to arms at all, the purpose is "to allow the government to regulate their use or to compel military service, not to provide a right to bear them".[2] Aside from that of the United States of America, other constitutions which historically guaranteed a right to bear arms are those of Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Liberia, Mexico, and Nicaragua.[4] Nearly all of these were modelled on that of the United States.[3] At present, out of the world's nearly 200 constitutions, three still include a right to bear arms: Guatemala, Mexico, and the United States; of these three, only the last does not include explicit restrictive conditions.[2]"

The U.S. has the MOST protection of this right IN THE WORLD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_keep_and_bear_arms

When I see posts that somehow "suspend" the constition it reminds me of "crap" on the news.

Posts with credible references that are about "modifying" the Constitution and NOT just the 2nd should get some attention. Any change could be devistating or good.

Why do you think Chavez modified the Venzeulean Constitution, it wasn't about guns, it was about giving him more power and control. ie: Change you can believe in.

By the time Ch?vez was actively campaigning for the presidency in 1998, the plan to write a new constitution for Venezuela was one of his most consistently articulated plans. This plan was so definite that Ch?vez' political party was called the "Fifth Republic Movement" (Movimiento Quinta Republica, or MVR - the "V" meaning the Roman number 5), as a signal that with a new constitution Venezuela would be beginning the fifth republic of its history, since the country's founding in 1811.
    https://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/70
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,329 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    How many times must it be pointed out that the right to own guns is in the constitution. It requires a constitutional admendment to change. If it did not, the United States would ONLY have B.B. guns and sling shots (with permission).

"Generally, where modern constitutions refer to arms at all, the purpose is "to allow the government to regulate their use or to compel military service, not to provide a right to bear them".[2] Aside from that of the United States of America, other constitutions which historically guaranteed a right to bear arms are those of Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Liberia, Mexico, and Nicaragua.[4] Nearly all of these were modelled on that of the United States.[3] At present, out of the world's nearly 200 constitutions, three still include a right to bear arms: Guatemala, Mexico, and the United States; of these three, only the last does not include explicit restrictive conditions.[2]"

The U.S. has the MOST protection of this right IN THE WORLD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_keep_and_bear_arms

When I see posts that somehow "suspend" the constition it reminds me of "crap" on the news.

Posts with credible references that are about "modifying" the Constitution and NOT just the 2nd should get some attention. Any change could be devistating or good.

Why do you think Chavez modified the Venzeulean Constitution, it wasn't about guns, it was about giving him more power and control. ie: Change you can believe in.

By the time Ch?vez was actively campaigning for the presidency in 1998, the plan to write a new constitution for Venezuela was one of his most consistently articulated plans. This plan was so definite that Ch?vez' political party was called the "Fifth Republic Movement" (Movimiento Quinta Republica, or MVR - the "V" meaning the Roman number 5), as a signal that with a new constitution Venezuela would be beginning the fifth republic of its history, since the country's founding in 1811.
    https://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/70

In case you were unaware, there are literally hundreds of gun laws on the books that fly in the face of the 2nd amendment as still presently codified. Might want to wake up to the fact that the 2nd has effectively been stripped via the courts and lawmaking. No change to the constitution required.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ho Hum. Did you catch Trumps speech today? Did you see Hillary's speech to the American Legion? I don't think she is going to make it.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:In case you were unaware, there are literally hundreds of gun laws on the books that fly in the face of the 2nd amendment as still presently codified. Might want to wake up to the fact that the 2nd has effectively been stripped via the courts and lawmaking. No change to the constitution required.

True, but I believe many new laws have offset the "previous" restrictions on 2nd amendment rights.

Many states have passed right to carry laws and no new NATIONAL restrictive laws have been passed since 2013.

On the state level there have been many restrictions or outright bans on firearms, assault rifles bans being the most noticeable.

How can guns be banned when they are peoples constitutional right?

Got me but maybe the states can ban them but seems a constitutional challenge would reverse the law. like in DC, so why doesn't it "stick".

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dc-gun-laws-again-declared-unconstitutional-in-federal-court/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    quote:In case you were unaware, there are literally hundreds of gun laws on the books that fly in the face of the 2nd amendment as still presently codified. Might want to wake up to the fact that the 2nd has effectively been stripped via the courts and lawmaking. No change to the constitution required.

True, but I believe many new laws have offset the "previous" restrictions on 2nd amendment rights.

Many states have passed right to carry laws and no new NATIONAL restrictive laws have been passed since 2013.

On the state level there have been many restrictions or outright bans on firearms, assault rifles bans being the most noticeable.

How can guns be banned when they are peoples constitutional right?

Got me but maybe the states can ban them but seems a constitutional challenge would reverse the law. like in DC, so why doesn't it "stick".

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dc-gun-laws-again-declared-unconstitutional-in-federal-court/

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The states are giving you rights? bwahahahaha