In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Voting for Johnson / Weld the gun grabbers????

M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
edited September 2016 in Politics
Are there any of you guys left on here that are still going to vote for these idiots???? Pull a pin on a bolt action rifle and it goes full auto???? AR15's are even worse???[:(!][:(!][:(!]

A vote for these idiots is a vote for hitllary!!![:(!][:(!][:(!]

Damn, just damn!! I will take my chances with TRUMP!!!!!

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/08/12/bill-weld-just-compared-ar-15s-weapons-mass-destruction-said-pistols-even-worse/

Comments

• Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Pedersen device.

But if I had one I sure would keep it as pristine as I could. It would never be attached or used.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's suffering from a case of industrial grade *.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill Weld was one of the most liberal Republican governors ever, with a well documented history of anti-2A actions.

And just to be clear, Gary Johnson insisted on Weld for his VP.
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another total idiot running for high office. Thank God he hasn't a chance.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Bill Weld was one of the most liberal Republican governors ever, with a well documented history of anti-2A actions.

And just to be clear, Gary Johnson insisted on Weld for his VP.

Yep,and I'll say it once again,....Gary Johnson is a fruitcake.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A de fact vote for MRS Bill Clinton most certainly.

Even worse, a platform that wants to cut our military by 60% and a typical Massachusetts gun hater. Your right, both are worse than Hillary.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a mosin nagant with stripper clips.

Do you have a youtube link to the interview? I can't get any video working from that second rate site.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Johnson is a sell out...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Johnson is a sell out...

Convince me. Got any links that work and are not propaganda like Hillary is dispensing on Trump?

True Story

When BHO ran against Hillary I would have voted for Hillary for president if she had won nomination. My reasons are not the normal reason. I figured the sooner the people had their nutz in a wringer the sooner we could rebuild the nation.

Well she lost the nomination. Peeps were talking about this fresh new senator who worked across the isles etc. Then the birther thing, then I saw a birth cert and was OK, then I researched and found he was not eligible because his father is Kenyan.

AT that point, is when the Republicans and Donald Trump could have stopped him and they didn't and still haven't. Larry tried getting it to the supremes, and was denied.

Then for the re election, the good ole boys in the republican party kick Hot dog eatin Michelle to the curb, she could have won against BHO and would have been a good choice.

But the good ole boys said she didn't do the time and pay the dues to the club so they blackballed her out.

I have absolutely no respect for the Republicants or Demorats.

Gary Johnson is the ONLY viable choice at this time. Voting anything else is voting for more Obama like shows.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    Johnson is a sell out...

Convince me. Got any links that work and are not propaganda like Hillary is dispensing on Trump?

True Story

When BHO ran against Hillary I would have voted for Hillary for president if she had won nomination. My reasons are not the normal reason. I figured the sooner the people had their nutz in a wringer the sooner we could rebuild the nation.

Well she lost the nomination. Peeps were talking about this fresh new senator who worked across the isles etc. Then the birther thing, then I saw a birth cert and was OK, then I researched and found he was not eligible because his father is Kenyan.

AT that point, is when the Republicans and Donald Trump could have stopped him and they didn't and still haven't. Larry tried getting it to the supremes, and was denied.

Then for the re election, the good ole boys in the republican party kick Hot dog eatin Michelle to the curb, she could have won against BHO and would have been a good choice.

But the good ole boys said she didn't do the time and pay the dues to the club so they blackballed her out.

Gary Johnson is the ONLY viable choice at this time. Voting anything else is voting for more Obama like shows.

Your new at this Troll thing, aren't you?
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Johnson is a sell out...

True Story

Do you realize that this is GunBroker forums???

We (most of us) like owning firearms and talking about them here.[:)]

We (most of us) don't like libtards that want to take
    our guns away.[:(!]

Johnson / Weld want to take our guns away, so we (most of us) don't
    like them and will not vote for them.[:(!] Or hitllary.[:(!]

Get it???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762
    Johnson is a sell out...

True Story

Do you realize that this is GunBroker forums???

We (most of us) like owning firearms and talking about them here.[:)]

We (most of us) don't like libtards that want to take
    our guns away.[:(!]

Johnson / Weld want to take our guns away, so we (most of us) don't
    like them and will not vote for them.[:(!] Or hitllary.[:(!]

Get it???

Got any links, something a bit credible, like maybe him actually saying he will take your guns?

Trump has proven to me that he is not going to follow through, why would you throw away your vote and let a gun grabber like Hillary get in?

I'm on the side of keeping my liberty. Ain't gonna happen with the wheeler dealer Trump.

Is he better choice than Clinton, sure. Not a high bar set from her.

Will he keep the gun grabbers at bay, NO.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    Johnson is a sell out...

True Story

Your new at this Troll thing, aren't you?

Is this an offer to be my mentor? [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    groupcrickets.jpg

Maybe you could do a Web search and prove your point?
    Or maybe you could do a Web search and find you are wrong.
    Stop acting like an 11 year old talking about a comic book.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weld has proven himself to be ignorant. You will note, however, that there is no mention of gun grabbing.

His remedies included keeping people on a terrorist watch list from buying a gun, something many on this board support, and something for which the great 2nd Amendment Warrior Donald Trump has even expressed support.

I disagree with him. I disagree with Trump. I disagree with Clinton.

There does not appear to be much difference between his remedies than those of Trump. Both are better than Clinton.

When Trump is pressed, he too is reliably ignorant, so Weld's idiocy cannot be used as a vindication of Trump. You will remember how Trump, after his sons went to a controlled shooting range in Nevada where they fired full auto weapons commented about how that was some '2nd Amendment stuff right there'. Ignorance about firearms and the 2nd Amendment is rampant. Weld and Trump are equal and are both head and shoulders better than Hillary Clinton. Both are equally ignorant about firearms in general, and seemingly about the real reason for the 2nd.

This does not sway my support for Johnson. It will be interesting to see what folks do when Trump adopts Johnson's immigration plan this week.

Oh how the sycophants will twist themselves in knots spinning the new and improved position.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Weld has proven himself to be ignorant. You will note, however, that there is no mention of gun grabbing.

His remedies included keeping people on a terrorist watch list from buying a gun, something many on this board support, and something for which the great 2nd Amendment Warrior Donald Trump has even expressed support.

I disagree with him. I disagree with Trump. I disagree with Clinton.

There does not appear to be much difference between his remedies than those of Trump. Both are better than Clinton.

When Trump is pressed, he too is reliably ignorant, so Weld's idiocy cannot be used as a vindication of Trump. You will remember how Trump, after his sons went to a controlled shooting range in Nevada where they fired full auto weapons commented about how that was some '2nd Amendment stuff right there'. Ignorance about firearms and the 2nd Amendment is rampant. Weld and Trump are equal and are both head and shoulders better than Hillary Clinton. Both are equally ignorant about firearms in general, and seemingly about the real reason for the 2nd.

This does not sway my support for Johnson. It will be interesting to see what folks do when Trump adopts Johnson's immigration plan this week.

Oh how the sycophants will twist themselves in knots spinning the new and improved position.

Don, you have said it much nicer than I would have. But there is a significant difference. Weld is only VP. Trump would be president. VP would only have power if the president couldn't fulfill his duties, and in that respect Pence seems to be a great guy.

And as per girly trolls advice I did a quick search on Trumps gun position, in his book he writes "but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun".

https://www.amazon.com/America-We-Deserve-Donald-Trump-ebook/dp/B003H4I4Q8
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trump has also stated during this cycle that the 2nd Amendment 'is about self-defense, plain and simple'.

It obviously is not plain and simply that, but at least he now states that he recognizes it as having value. To be fair, he has disavowed those earlier comments, and I will take him at his word that he will not sign an assault weapons ban. Weld is cut from the same cloth as is Romney in this regard, and to his credit, he is remaining consistent. As you point out, he is not at the top of the ticket, and his positions on such issues are fairly meaningless. All evidence suggests that he is a competent manager, and that is really all that is needed in a VP.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    Trump has also stated during this cycle that the 2nd Amendment 'is about self-defense, plain and simple'.

It obviously is not plain and simply that, but at least he now states that he recognizes it as having value. To be fair, he has disavowed those earlier comments, and I will take him at his word that he will not sign an assault weapons ban. Weld is cut from the same cloth as is Romney in this regard, and to his credit, he is remaining consistent. As you point out, he is not at the top of the ticket, and his positions on such issues are fairly meaningless. All evidence suggests that he is a competent manager, and that is really all that is needed in a VP.
    Still, it is odd for Johnson to have aligned himself with Weld, given those stances.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Still, it is odd for Johnson to have aligned himself with Weld, given those stances.

I don't think Johnson is taking this a seriously as he should, Mr. P, given the two basket cases presented by the major parties. It was never in the cards for him to win, but principled libertarian positions by him and his running mate would awakened a lot more people to the potential of a true Constitutional and liberty-minded ticket than this ticket is turning out to be.

Weld's stance regarding firearms is typical mainstream Northeastern GOP. As Governor of MA, he was never in a position to address the issue from a position of individual liberty and apparently was content to allow the status quo be maintained. He was, however, governor during the first big push to ban assault type weapons and it does not appear that MA had this in place until Romney helped make it happen.

Not a game changer for me by any stretch, and there were better choices, but Johnson, to be taken at all seriously, did have to select someone who could not be labeled a nut-so (technical term) Libertarian by those who are still firmly wed to two-party tyranny.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

I don't think Johnson is taking this a seriously as he should, Mr. P, given the two basket cases presented by the major parties. It was never in the cards for him to win, but principled libertarian positions by him and his running mate would awakened a lot more people to the potential of a true Constitutional and liberty-minded ticket than this ticket is turning out to be.

Weld's stance regarding firearms is typical mainstream Northeastern GOP. As Governor of MA, he was never in a position to address the issue from a position of individual liberty and apparently was content to allow the status quo be maintained. He was, however, governor during the first big push to ban assault type weapons and it does not appear that MA had this in place until Romney helped make it happen.

Not a game changer for me by any stretch, and there were better choices, but Johnson, to be taken at all seriously, did have to select someone who could not be labeled a nut-so (technical term) Libertarian by those who are still firmly wed to two-party tyranny.

Good points Don. I've been doing a lot of reconsidering and I think Johnson may indeed garner my vote again. His brand of lunacy seems to be several levels less than those of either of the two party sham. I'd like to see him on the debate stage for sure. I don't expect much however. Glen Beck pointed out recently that Johnson was on Fox news recently and used the opportunity to spout all the left leaning positions he holds, when it could have been a perfect opportunity to shout to the rooftops how he supports individual freedom, smaller government, lower taxes and the other sensible reforms that align well with a more conservative audience. That doesn't bode well.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are there any of you guys left on here that are still going to vote for these idiots???? Pull a pin on a bolt action rifle and it goes full auto???? AR15's are even worse???[:(!][:(!][:(!]

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/08/12/bill-weld-just-compared-ar-15s-weapons-mass-destruction-said-pistols-even-worse/

This needs to be reposted EVERY DAY
    I am shocked anyone on GB would be NOT voting for Trump
    Yeah he's wacky but the crooked lying POS killary will screw us firearm owners to the wall - It's bayback for us spanking bj billy back when he f'ed us.
    3rd party? go shoot yourself in the foot instead- it WILL be less painful
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh and a hildabeast voter stands with BLM BS too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjrfd99

This needs to be reposted EVERY DAY
    I am shocked anyone on GB would be NOT voting for Trump
    Yeah he's wacky but the crooked lying POS killary will screw us firearm owners to the wall - It's bayback for us spanking bj billy back when he f'ed us.
    3rd party? go shoot yourself in the foot instead- it WILL be less painful

We've been shooting ourselves in the foot since we allowed the parties to eliminate proportional representation in electoral college votes in the early 1900s.

The question now is when do we stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Johnson is imperfect; no one argues against that. The Dems and the GOP are significantly less perfect.

This is the year the best opportunity we have had in a generation to attempt to roll back the two-party monopoly that has resulted in ever-increasing restrictions upon the teeth that used to be in the 2nd Amendment. If you, for one minute believe that Trump will have a stronger stand supporting the 2nd Amendment that the Libertarian approach, you are only fooling yourself.

Brad Steele