In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Consumption taxes are coming!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Politics
Consumption Taxes Energy Taxes Carbon Taxes!! You name it Taxes

serf

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/03/18/bill-gates-points-to-the-best-tax-system-the-progressive-consumption-tax/#378f492fdec6

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/wp/2015/wp15105.pdf

http://thebulletin.org/“market-failure”-and-nuclear-power9703

In summary, environmental damages from energy subsidies arelarge,and energy subsidy reform through efficient energy pricing is urgently needed. While there may be more efficient instruments than environmental taxes for addressing some of the externalities,
energy taxes remain the most effective and practical tool until such other instruments become widely available and implemented. Similarly, although it may not be realistic to raise energy
prices to efficient levels in one step, since there are uncertainties in the estimates of efficient levels of taxes, countries s
hould take advantage of the low international energy prices and gradually move toward efficient energy pricing.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pot is now legal in Washington State.

I wonder if there is a connection.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Pot is now legal in Washington State.

I wonder if there is a connection.

All depends on your habits but if you read the links then manual jobs are going away with A.I. Robots doing the labor so labor will not be taxed but consumption taxes will be levied. Hell I will be in the nursing home by then if don't poison me first!

serf
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    surprised there is not a crap tax....i mean so much of it comes out of DC it would seem inevitable
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    surprised there is not a crap tax....i mean so much of it comes out of DC it would seem inevitable

DC usually exempts itself from the crap they hand us.
  • Options
    ncross53ncross53 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek

Didn't think of that. If we could tax DC crap we could have the national debt paid off by next Wednesday.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Consumption taxes are coming". Have you never heard of Sales Taxes?
    I should expect a Federal VAT tax.