In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who was it that called this.

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited November 2016 in Politics
quote:Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton reportedly is being mooted as a future congressional candidate.
The New York Post reported that Clinton, 36, is being eyed to take Rep. Nita Lowey's place when the 79-year-old incumbent decides to leave the House of Representatives.

Lowey represents New York's 17th District, which covers part of Westchester County, including Bill and Hillary Clinton's hometown of Chappaqua. The Post reported that the Clintons have purchased the home next door to theirs, in which they plan to install Chelsea, her husband and their two children.

Chelsea Clinton currently lives, and is registered to vote, in Manhattan. She introduced Hillary Clinton when her mother accepted the Democratic nomination for president at this summer's national convention in Philadelphia.

"Chelsea would be the next extension of the Clinton brand," the Post quoted a source as saying. "While politics isn't the life Hillary wanted for Chelsea, she chose to go on the campaign trail for her mother and has turned out to be very poised, articulate and comfortable with the visibility."

Chelsea Clinton campaigns for her mother, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, at the Transcept, Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)c AP Chelsea Clinton campaigns for her mother, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, at the Transcept, Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)
Chelsea herself has not ruled out seeking public office, telling Buzzfeed in 2014 that "I find it pretty discouraging that almost none of my friends think about running for public office as an option."

Comments

• Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh My Gawd... Not another one.

Geesh... Will it ever end?
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    A Ricco indictment, will put a serious crimp, in her plans.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she runs for anything, will asking her questions about mom and dad still be off limits?
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she does run its because if mommy & daddy are still alive they'll put extreme pressure on her to do so. I don't think she'd do it on her own.
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitely time to drain the swamp...and kill the rats while we're at it [xx(]
  • Options
    Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every time I see Drain the swamp I am reminded the District of Columbia sits atop worthless swamp land donated by a couple states.

That, along with the fact of dirt streets and pigs running on them in 1942 is probably no longer taught by Union teachers to AmeriKa's yute.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AMERICA need another klinton on the political scene like it needs a salt and ground glass enema....you do have to consider how much hildebeast's loss has upset the money train to the foundation and cut out billy's fun vacation travel ticket...in chelsea you might as well have a hand sock puppet promoting the same old agenda couched in new terms
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone know what her husband does for a living?
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop

Marc Mevzinsky is a not very successful hedge fund manager. The fund he started is close to insolvency. His parents both used to be demorat US representatives. His father embezzled $10 or 15 million in a Ponzi scheme...and the 'Nigerian Prince' schtick.

Quite a family for Chelsea to marry into. One demorat crime family joining another demorat crime family.
  • Options
    Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

Marc Mevzinsky is a not very successful hedge fund manager. The fund he started is close to insolvency. His parents both used to be demorat US representatives. His father embezzled $10 or 15 million in a Ponzi scheme...and the 'Nigerian Prince' schtick.

Quite a family for Chelsea to marry into. One demorat crime family joining another demorat crime family.

I still wonder if her Dad had to Pardon his Dad to get her married off. She wasn't beating off suitors like flys on a pile of crap by any means.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chelsea does not have power desires. She doesn't want office, she just wants to live a billionaire lifestyle and she does that thanks to the Clinton Foundation...like it paying for her $3,000,000 wedding to a billionaire's nephew. No truth to this story.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Another Reason to Vote responsibly In NY[^]
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc, you are SOOooooo wrong. Without a sitting official in government, the elder Clintons have no plausible way to peddle "influence" and favors. Chelsea is the one they can point to to get those "donations."

Chelsea will for Congress, and then almost immediately for President, exactly like Obama did an Hillary did. Mark my words.

That is, UNLESS all three Clintons get felony convictions before this happens.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Franzc
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

I still wonder if her Dad had to Pardon his Dad to get her married off. She wasn't beating off suitors like flys on a pile of crap by any means.

She'd be lucky to beat off anyone, IMO.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Doc, you are SOOooooo wrong. Without a sitting official in government, the elder Clintons have no plausible way to peddle "influence" and favors. Chelsea is the one they can point to to get those "donations."

Chelsea will for Congress, and then almost immediately for President, exactly like Obama did an Hillary did. Mark my words.

That is, UNLESS all three Clintons get felony convictions before this happens.

Dead on, Rocky. It is difficult to peddle influence when you don't have any. No one is going to now pay BubbaBJ $750k for a speech. And Hillary's rising star augered in Tuesday night. They will pimp Chelsea out like a $5 hooker on payday.