In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trump and the future

woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Politics
If there is any one thing I have learned during my 67 trips around the sun it is this. NOTHING ever works out like you thought. Trump could turn out to be a complete mess, he could also be the best president in history. My dad always said, "The day after the election, it's over, we are all Americans and we join the new president." THAT IS ONE OF THE BASIC PREMISES OF OUR DEMOCRACY. He won fair and square, now give him the chance. It's a free country and folks can do what they want, but this protesting crap, before Trump is even in office is very UNamerican.

Comments

• Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    If there is any one thing I have learned during my 67 trips around the sun it is this. NOTHING ever works out like you thought. Trump could turn out to be a complete mess, he could also be the best president in history. My dad always said, "The day after the election, it's over, we are all Americans and we join the new president." THAT IS ONE OF THE BASIC PREMISES OF OUR DEMOCRACY REPUBLIC. He won fair and square, now give him the chance. It's a free country and folks can do what they want, but this protesting crap, before Trump is even in office is very UNamerican.

FIFY![:)] I have no regrets, I would rather in the worst case endure a terrible Trump Presidency than a guaranteed spiral into the depths of hell hitllary presidency.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    If there is any one thing I have learned during my 67 trips around the sun it is this. NOTHING ever works out like you thought. Trump could turn out to be a complete mess, he could also be the best president in history. My dad always said, "The day after the election, it's over, we are all Americans and we join the new president." THAT IS ONE OF THE BASIC PREMISES OF OUR DEMOCRACY REPUBLIC. He won fair and square, now give him the chance. It's a free country and folks can do what they want, but this protesting crap, before Trump is even in office is very UNamerican.

FIFY![:)] I have no regrets, I would rather in the worst case endure a terrible Trump Presidency than a guaranteed spiral into the depths of hell hitllary presidency.

exactly, we are not a DEMOCRACY

we dont even vote by democracy, the word is not mentioned even once in the constitution
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The day after the election, it's over, we are all Americans and we join the new president." THAT IS ONE OF THE BASIC PREMISES OF OUR DEMOCRACY.

Not me, I hated Big Zero from start to finish.
    As in the past, making the promises reality will be difficult or impossible for the new Prez. Like a first date, the promising outlook may turn into a fight right out of the gate.