In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pissed off my little brother

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Politics
So I sent some wine to their house and told his wife he might need to open a bottle since I knew he is very anti Trump.

He works in DOD and is very concerned about Trump having access to the "button".

Here is part of what he sent me in an Email

"I feel the need to say that after 25+ years of serving the Navy that I have a vested interest in the quality of the leaders who put our defenders in harm's way. I feel that my family thinks I am a raging liberal when what I am is a raging American, who has spent the better part of his life trying to make us better. Just so you know I wanted the governor of Ohio to win. A Republican."

I didn't mean to get him upset so I replied that my daughter is in the Army reserves and as an American I also have a vested interest in our leaders and I couldn't choose Hillary so Trump was what was left.

Oh well frickin Flaming Liberal.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    must have got a paper cut shuffling DOD copies to set off this wail
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    What does he do because his ignorance of nuclear protocol or systems is quite obvious. Supply? Admin? JAG?

It actually sounds like he's trying to inflate his rep and doesn't expect you to know jack about that stuff.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alot of folks are going mental over this...my wife's cousin has alienated herself from anyone in her family that voted for Trump. She has sent nasty e-mails and text messages to those family members blaming them for ruining her life, and destroying America and has said she'll never speak to them again. To my wife I tell her good riddance, who needs a person like that in their life?
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Alot of folks are going mental over this...my wife's cousin has alienated herself from anyone in her family that voted for Trump. She has sent nasty e-mails and text messages to those family members blaming them for ruining her life, and destroying America and has said she'll never speak to them again. To my wife I tell her good riddance, who needs a person like that in their life?

I have a couple of friends dealing with this same type of drama. I'm quite thankful I don't have to.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Equally "mental" are those fooling themselves that they know what the next four years will bring.

People are saying that the major parties failed to appreciate the concerns of a great portion of people in this country, to their detriment.

Probably so.

But it can indeed work the other way, as well.

We'll see !

For once libzilla, I agree with you! When it comes to government and politics, nothing is certain or guaranteed - no matter how you think or vote.[;)]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....the best part of this topic is, its not about Hillary....[:o)]
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ....the best part of this topic is, its not about Hillary....[:o)]

The best part is Trump gets to nominate the Supreme Court Justice(s). That's an enormous win for me and half the country (+/-) The other half can ***** ** ** ***** ***. crying.gif

arrow_left_03.gifWHITE HOUSE bubajog.gif