In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PensionTsunami is coming!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Politics
Will see how well Donald Trump does in office soon enough! Maybe a hot war in Asia will save him? Either way America is going to bail you in one way or another![:D]

serf

http://www.pensiontsunami.com/

The oncoming wave of public pension debt is even bigger than it seems. The purpose of this website is to provide an overview of the multiple pension crises that are about to drown America's taxpayers. Our primary focus is on California, but we also track other states, corporate pensions, social security and international trends. Now half-way through its 12th year.

Comments

• Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pension check don't cash? Plan B.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is not news. Cities like Chicago, Dallas, Detroit; States like California, Illinois and several others have been racing to pension insolvency for 15 years or more.

An amazing State of State affairs. There is no recovery, the number to fix it is too big.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow government spent more money than they had? I don't have a pension so I'm not gonna be disappointed.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget Oregon. Oregon is 22 billion in the hole for public retirement. It's a political slush fund method. Just the pers debt is $5500.00 for each man women and child in the state. That doesn't count anything else. Oregon total state debt = $86,678,268,000. pr. capita = $22,229. This doesn't count county and city debt. Democrats say. don't worry it's nothing but numbers. RIGHT. GOT GOLD??
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I retired from Ameritech in '93 I had the option of taking a lump sum instead of a monthly check. Took the lump sum. Didn't trust them with the money. One of my better decisions. Too bad everyone doesn't have that option.