In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump to Freedom Caucus: 'Join the Swamp'

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,467 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Politics
Anyone with more the 17 brain cells bouncing about recognized the AHCA as more of the same Federal involvement and manipulation of the Health Insurance Market in this country. It may have had advantages over the ACA, but those were at the margins, as the basic tenant of subsidized insurance was to be made available for the taking.

Now Trump, rather than appealing to the Conservative side of his party, has publically encouraged all other swamp dwellers to fight this principled conservative contingent in their primary battles just as they would any Democrat.

Perhaps it is good politics to force the GOP into a center-left position.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe most Trump supporters had 'good politics' on their Trump to do list.
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump is big government, the Democrats will love him. I fully support the Freedom Caucus and their stance on these issues.

Trump should blame the other non freedom caucus (R)'s and Paul Ryan for this failure.

I don't see Obamacare light (Trumpcare) as a failure at all, it is still more government. Repeal Obamacare and give the power and money back to the states.
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    quote:bpost
    Trump should blame the other non freedom caucus (R)'s and Paul Ryan for this failure.

I don't see Obamacare light (Trumpcare) as a failure at all, it is still more government. Repeal Obamacare and give the power and money back to the states.

During and prior to the election the Freedom Caucus was supporting Trump. Ryan was back dooring and bad mouthing Trump.
    Now he is biting the hand that helped him get elected

I believe Ryan and the Rhinos baited Trump, he bit and had everything going as the Establishment planned he would at later date be wallowing in the swamp with the rest of the low life

THAMK YOU FREEDOM CAUCUS
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23
    quote:bpost

During and prior to the election the Freedom Caucus was supporting Trump. Ryan was back dooring and bad mouthing Trump.
    Now he is biting the hand that helped him get elected

I believe Ryan and the Rhinos baited Trump, he bit and had everything going as the Establishment planned he would at later date be wallowing in the swamp with the rest of the low life

THAMK YOU FREEDOM CAUCUS

Who specifically in the Freedom Caucus was a big Trump supporter?

How do you figure Trump helped get Ryan elected?

The Freedom Caucus ran on the principle of repealing the ACA and reducing the influence of government in the health insurance industry. Trump ran on repeal and do everything the ACA did for magically less money. Ryan and the establishment gave him a bill that contained all specific provisions that Trump supported during his campaign. The Freedom Caucus objected based upon what they had said during their campaigns.

All of this was to be expected, unless the expectation was that Trump could somehow separate the Freedom Caucus from their principles.

Trump signed onto a big government bill.

Principled conservatives stated their objections as soon as it was presented.

The simple fact is that Trump does not understand the concept of principles, IMO, and brought his pre-conception that all politicians suffered from malady to Washington D.C.

He learned that the Art of the Deal falls flat when you attempt to corrupt those who actually believe in something.

This was a Trump sponsored establishment bill. It continues to amaze me that some people still fail to understand that Trump has always been part of the establishment and always will be.

Yes. Thank you, Freedom Caucus, for demonstrating that there are some in DC who will stand for something.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Way too early to suggest that yet, at least regarding Trump, IMO.

Unless, of course, you are suggesting that business as usual meets the definition.

Brad Steele
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the last 2 months Trump has won hands down. Selling him short or trying to determine the "end game" is a fool's errand.

Got Obummers NSC advisor Susan Rice on the hot seat,, who'd guessed that a week ago.

Trump probably knew about the "electronic surveillance before he became President.

The Democratic Propaganda Machine (Lame stream Media) will need to regroup but for a while seems less vocal.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Way too early to suggest that yet, at least regarding Trump, IMO.

Unless, of course, you are suggesting that business as usual meets the definition.

Well, I suppose that a 70 year old narcissist certainly could change his world outlook and embark upon a changed life and approach to reality.

Otherwise, I see no reason to change what I suggested last year about both candidates during the campaign, to be any different this year :

https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=681553

Trump is a creature of the establishment who re-branded himself as an outsider and in his first big legislative push showed himself to be strongly supportive of that establishment. This post was started to demonstrate the hollow nature of his campaign rhetoric, in that he specifically singled out the major non-establishment group in Congress as a target. I fail to see how this center-left big governance suggests he is any less qualified or more corrupt than the average person.

Suggesting a governance by the worst amongst us is currently in place is, as stated, suggesting that we have had the same condition in place for decades. While there are very few politicians that I believe are the best of us, most are certainly not the worst.
    While that

Brad Steele
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Trump is big government, the Democrats will love him.

That is where you are wrong.

Whatever Trump does, Dems will line up to oppose him.