In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump is wasting time. . .

mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in Politics
On August 21 we'll have a once in 100 years eclipse. I don't know how long it's been since there has been a Republican in the White House, a Republican senate and house, and a Republican Supreme Court, but I've got to think it's about as long. And looking at how our country is going, I've got to think it's going to be at least 100 years before it happens again.

And therefore, I am so frustrated at what I see as a lack of discipline, a lack of effort, a lack of doing the work and getting stuff done. The repeal and replace mess looks to me like an administration without a command of how to implement policy, how to understand how government works and how to actually make something happen. Trump wanted 100% and he got 0%. What if he would have properly assessed the situation and would have gone for 85% and actually gotten it? Would you rather have the problem 85% fixed or 0% fixed.

The pendulum always swings back in Washington. With the next one or two election cycles the GOP will lose one or two houses in congress, or the White House, or a Supreme Court justice or two will hang it up. Things change, and I can't stop thinking that precious time is being wasted.

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    won't be long till the judicial branch will dominate all three and totally run this country......social engineers & freedom hater judges
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If congress gets going and starts passing laws, the judicial branch can get well held in check.

There are victories to be won. If Trump gets some smart folks on board, gets disciplined, and picks his battles wisely, he can start winning them. He must realize that true victory is not to win the day's news cycle with an insult, but to win legislative battles that will shape the course of American history.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    he is not wasting time at all, democrats and rhino's are wasting his time and ours

not to mention the daily anti-trump media blast, you cannot open a news page without him killing puppies and punching babies
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Republicans have spent 7 years playing repeal and replace games, and then it turns out they had spent little to no time or effort crafting 'What Next Care'...and that is Trump's fault.

Good grief.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been less than 2 decades since the GOP held all three branches.

When G. W. Bush was president the GOP held the house and senate. Spending went up, deficit went up, government got bigger and individual liberty decreased. That is why the democrats swept into power, because the GOP showed what it was. Like most folks I wish the GOP was what it says it is, however it's not. The GOP is big government. The democrats just messed up so bad the GOP gets another chance because there is no where else to turn.

Do not confuse this with an endorsement of the democrats. But we have to face what the GOP is, or isn't, which ever way you want to look at it.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    won't be long till the judicial branch will dominate all three and totally run this country......social engineers & freedom hater judges
    that is starting to be my guess. Hard of two federal court cases and I am shocked what's going on there. These low-level judges are making up the rules as they go.

Trump might be right on his accusations of a judge in your court case during the election.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the Democrats didn't exactly provide anything stellar, Washington is a gridlocked partisan mess.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    O, ye of lulu faith.

He's a genius and it's all part of a secret plan.

You knew what you were getting, didn't you ?

Yes I did...I have been with him since he committed to run...the alternative was your friend....[:o)]
  • thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's sad to see nothing is getting accomplished in congress, it's Republican's in name only (RINO's) verses the conservatives, add in McCain who hates anything Trump, and you get gridlock. No jobs, no tax reform, no new healthcare, runaway spending and Trump's endless tweeting.
    As far as the solar eclipse.....it's supposed to be a bad omen for us, as blood moons are bad omens for Israel.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    he is not wasting time at all, democrats and rhino's are wasting his time and ours

not to mention the daily anti-trump media blast, you cannot open a news page without him killing puppies and punching babies

Yep, what he said. It's not Trump's fault. Everybody wants Trump to fail and they're doing everything to make him fail.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek

The Supreme court is where the power is.It has allowed abortion rights,it overruled for Happy Couples to marry,it allowed The Federal Reserve to be lawful money and it allowed corporation to lobby and bribe lawmakers with Super-Pacs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_agency

This nation is not a Republic with Democracy! It's a Plutocracy with minions trying to climb the corporate ladder with corruption and greed.

20 trillion in debt and fighting in Foreign lands for The NWO,with nothing to show for it but debt on the backs of We The People and the blood of our fighting forces helping a Muslim ruling class in Asia and The Middle East.

Soon The petrodollar will fail probably when Trump invades N.Korea then fall under The United Nations and The NWO umbrella when it does fails.

serf