In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Government in Shambles Deadlines Approaching

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Politics
They all have there fingers you know where turning in circles! So what is it? Prosperity for all or Chaos or War?

serf

ttps://www.washingtonpost.com/national/action-on-trumps-tax-cut-plan-could-be-delayed-until-next-year/2017/08/01/cc4e32d4-76e7-11e7-8839-ec48ec4cae25_story.html?utm_term=.4f79012d35c2

We?re unleashing a new era of American prosperity perhaps like we have never seen it before,? he said at the meeting.

Republican leaders in Congress, however, face a pair of deadlines that are delaying any action on taxes. The current budget is set to expire at the end of September, and unless Congress approves new funding, there will be a partial government shutdown that will close national parks and put hundreds of thousands of federal workers on unpaid leave.

Congress?s most immediate concern, however, is the debt ceiling, which the Treasury Department says must be raised by Sept. 29 to ensure that the government can pay its bills. Failing to raise the ceiling could spark a global financial crisis, leading to a stock market crash, a spike in interest rates and a potential economic recession.

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gridlock

Sometimes the best thing is no thing. If Washington can't pass anything they can't screw anything up any worse then they have I guess
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Gridlock

Sometimes the best thing is no thing. If Washington can't pass anything they can't screw anything up any worse then they have I guess

Before it's all over will have grey states in this country again. That's your new era of prosperity. The USA Federal Reserve Banking system is a house of cards.

serf

http://www.investopedia.com/news/bill-gross-qe-financial-methadone/

When central banks start withdrawing liquidity from the financial system in earnest by selling their bond holdings, Greenspan believes that long term interest rates will spring sharply upwards. Thus, bond prices will collapse. Greenspan says that would lead to the worst bout of stagflation since the 1970s, a period when inflation accelerated amid a stagnating U.S. economy. This environment would spark a nosedive in stock prices, Greenspan continues, because sharply higher bond yields could spur a massive movement of investor capital from equities to fixed income instruments.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i figured it was screwed up beyond my control as a small business or taxpayer so years ago i resolved to have NO debt...has worked out well
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't this an annual issue? Every year the budget is never passed on time then the vote for a continuing resolution because they failed yet again to do their job. As far as the debt ceiling, heck they continuously disobey the constitution so what's the big deal about some law?