In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The True Cost of Amazon Revealed!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Politics
It going to effect the bottom line for Tax revenue and jobs across the board! Soon the government will have to act and raise taxes on who ever is left that can pay Taxes!

Amazon and Walmart are going to destroy Small Businesses and it's going to accelerate exponentially.

serf

https://www.indiebound.org/spotlightamazon

Several case studies have found that about $52 of every $100 you spend at locally owned stores stays in your community, supporting other businesses and jobs. (Local retailers buy many goods and services, like printing and accounting, from other local businesses; their employees spend most of their earnings locally; and so on.) That far outstrips the performance of Amazon.

Comments

• Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Things change. In order to survive and prosper you must adapt to that change. When I was a kid my smal town had 3 car dealers, a soda manufacturer, a flour mill, a slauter house, a butcher shop, 6 grocery stores, several full service gas stations among others. All gone now with some new additions and the world hasn't come to an end. My last job with the phone company in 1993 was selling pay phones. They are gone. World has not ended and I love my smart phone that forced me into early retirement.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's the same thing they said before about Sears, Montgomery Ward & J.C. Penny. Mail order catalog sales were the inter-net of 100 years ago.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    That's the same thing they said before about Sears, Montgomery Ward & J.C. Penny. Mail order catalog sales were the inter-net of 100 years ago.

Yeah and how long will Penny's Sears & K-mart be with us is the next question to ask .Shipping,distribution and a main connection to China is the new model for competition.Walmart & Amazon will be around but Target I would not bet on it. The Brick and Mortar business along with drop shop middle man is a thing of the past,my friend.

The Off Shoring of jobs & storing wealth and avoiding taxes through Tax Haven schemes with illegal immigration is destroying America's model of capitalism bet on it!

You see most common jobs now are 1099 contractors or minimum wage with no benefits. The common blue collar worker in America has been sold out and the trickle down theory is B.S. but the demise of buying power will be felt on The Small business owner. Even here on GunBroker.

serf

http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-made-in-china-untaxed-profits-kept-offshore/

http://www.supplychaindive.com/news/china-offshoring-reshoring-US-incentives-cities/436517/