In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ccw firearm exchanged.

eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
edited September 2017 in Politics
my favorite ccw carry firearm has been a S&W md 60 in .38 spl, but with the way things are going in the country I has started carrying a glock 22 in .40 S&W with extra magazine for the extra firepower, for flashmobs-civil unrest. mr myopic.

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    14 in the grip, 13 in my pocket, 26 in the console
    Depending on the exact area I'm working possibly an AR with 3 mags behind the seat and sometimes a BOB with 5 empty mags and 200 rounds of AR ammo. It doesn't cost me anything to haul the stuff around so why not have it if needed.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't carry a AR or other "assault" rifle, around here, in the car. This includes .22 target pistols, if they are called "assault" Its ok ,only to /from range.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Can't carry a AR or other "assault" rifle, around here,"

Not select fire so not an "assault rifle". In fact, even if it was a select fire rifle, it could legally be carried in the back window gun rack w/o issue.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Assault rifle is whatever our legislators say it is and it changes. I'm not kidding. Any threaded barrel with or without a can is an assault weapon and not for sale.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As long a people(?) live and pay taxes in states that have such restrictions, this BS will continue.
    Re: the original post
    If I'm going to carry a gun, it's going to be adequate for any circumstance I might expect to encounter. That's why I don't carry a mouse gun, a 5 shot, or anything that will fit in my pants pocket.
    I live in a state where it would be legal to carry an AR 15 on a sling in public but I don't. Too upsetting for some individuals.
  • Options
    BruzillaBruzilla Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had a CCP here in Florida for 13 years now, and I carry... nothing, just like most folks who have them. Most of us use them to avoid the three-day waiting period and that's about it.

Why? Because like many others I've learned the concept of concealed carry is far more attractive than the reality of it. I put my P226 on when I leave the house, and have to take it off when I get to work. If I'm going out to lunch, I have to find out if where we're going serves alcohol or has some other business or regulatory prohibition against carrying. All the while I can't wear it it's sitting in the car where there's about a 1,000's times more likely chance of getting stolen than I am of getting attacked while its on me.

After a couple of weeks of carrying, the reality of lugging around 2.5 pounds of metal and dealing with all the on and offs and having to worry about the car being broken into, all to be prepared for an event that is almost as likely as getting hit by lightning just didn't make sense to me. There's lots of folks who are in high-risk areas or jobs, but for most people it's a PITA more than a benefit.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    it,s the cheapest life insurance you can buy, the model 60 SS weights in a 20-21 oz,s and the air weights 14-15 oz,s. we just had a stabbing here at a sports bar on a sunday afternoon, three people(one women-two men) were stabbed(two pretty bad)by a crazy man because his food and drink were not served quick enough. bar carry is legal here. mr myopic.