In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Problem For Gun Owners And Republicans

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Politics
When a law is passed restricting a right for instance a bump fired stock. How many people will think its ok because i do not want one or they dont work very well.

Then another law is passed and the other half do not care because it does not affect them. Before long all the rights will be gone and people will be complaining.

Another thing we do not do is stick together. The dems for better or worse almost always stick together no matter how stupid the person is.

Gun owners and Republicans need to stick together and lose the mindset that it does not affect me.[:(]

Comments

• Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed...before we know it this place will be shut down.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are missing a glaring opportunity every time Bump Fire stocks are mentioned...and we don't immediately state that THE OBAMA BATF approved them for sale.

THE OBAMA BATF
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't condone the "banning" by legislation of ANYTHING. It's too much of a "can of worms" thing that usually ends up being just a stepping stone for more restrictions.
    How would the "other side" like things if every time there was a vehicle accident exacerbated by texting or similar driving distractions, "our side" went totally ballistic about banning cell phones in general?
    Maybe it's just me but I don't see a difference between being dead from some deranged person committing murder with a firearm and some distracted person committing vehicular homicide--the victim is DEAD either way.
    While we're at it, let's make 3rd strike DWI a capital offense--that's bound to get the attention of a whole group of folks.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would go for the 3rd strike DUI...few years ago an illegal ran a stop light and killed a young mother....11 DUI's... WTH..and even still in the country and not in jail...needs executed