In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I admit, I was wrong

AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Politics
about Trump becoming president. Don't take me wrong, the white pubic hair on his left testicle could've run against Hillary and I would've voted for the *, but I really thought he would be a joke of a president. But so far he's proven me wrong. I like almost everything he's done so far.

The only policy that I'm not on board with is the wall. Not that I don't think illegal immigration is not an important issue. I just think that the monies that'll be spent on the wall would serve better on infrastructure.

My hats off to our POTUS. Keep doing the great job you've been doing.

Comments

• hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He has done a great job despite having to fight his own party plus a dumb liberal party, PLUS the MEDIA.

You are learning, now change over to the other party and demand more improvements.

The wall will pay for it's self by the money saved on cutting off support to illegals and stopping more from coming here. About 70% of the illegals are supported by taxpayers already.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My only disappointment has been his choice of Attorney General, we and he needs better [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    My only disappointment has been his choice of Attorney General, we and he needs better [;)]

I agree completely. All Session does in whine.

Someone with the energy and focus Moore has would be a good AG, but could never be confirmed.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AzAfshin
    about Trump becoming president. Don't take me wrong, the white pubic hair on his left testicle could've run against Hillary and I would've voted for the *, but I really thought he would be a joke of a president. But so far he's proven me wrong. I like almost everything he's done so far.

The only policy that I'm not on board with is the wall. Not that I don't think illegal immigration is not an important issue. I just think that the monies that'll be spent on the wall would serve better on infrastructure.

I've read the illegals bleed tens of billions of government taxpayer funds. A wall would stop that hemorrhage in all the border states. After the initial one time expense of building, only a yearly maintenance fund would be required.

After that, all that infrastructure money is cake.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer

I'm very disappointed in Sessions. He is going to be the undoing of Trump because he seems unwilling to take on the swamp.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeff Will do a good job, he is not a Trump, but he recognized him before anyone of us on this forum...he is a lot smarter than you think...Let him run his race...there is more to the story than you know at this time...
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We Spend 135 Billion a year to support illegals and that money could be used on our Seniors, Veterans and other social programs. The wall would be cheap when we build it and enforce our laws. The Dreamer program is loaded with Fraud and a very small percentage has done good and costing us 6.2 Billion a year to support them. Build the wall and jail employers that knowingly hire illegals and we will come out ahead
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Jeff Will do a good job, he is not a Trump, but he recognized him before anyone of us on this forum...he is a lot smarter than you think...Let him run his race...there is more to the story than you know at this time...
    Hillarys case comes to mind, the illegal facts are out there for all to see and know about, he hasn't even tried to get a case started against her with so many charges she could be nailed with [:(!], "let him run his race" ?? we / Trump and America don't need a turtle race....we need justice done ASAP, he needs to throw it in high-gear and let it roll [;)], he hasn't shown me anything other than being a name plate on a door. Even Trump knows he made a bad choice, I agree with Trump.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figured he'd be good, not the best. But we needed to get away from a politician, and get businessman in there. It's high time that the United States is run like a business, instead of a giveaway program
  • JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Jeff Will do a good job,....he is a lot smarter than you think...

Yeah, Sessions is so smart he removed himself from the Russian investigation and now we have Mueller who will dog Trump for his entire term. Too bad Eric Holder wasn't as smart as Sessions.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe draining the swamp was a misguided thought process. He was elected to be the very head of the swamp, it is all of the federal apparatus and it stinks to high heaven.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Stay the course

"We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." ? Benjamin Franklin

We're not even a year into his presidency and already some are talking defeat. ADHD?
    Rome was not built in a day and neither was the swamp drained.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    We Spend 135 Billion a year to support illegals and that money could be used on our Seniors, Veterans and other social programs. The wall would be cheap when we build it and enforce our laws. The Dreamer program is loaded with Fraud and a very small percentage has done good and costing us 6.2 Billion a year to support them. Build the wall and jail employers that knowingly hire illegals and we will come out ahead

I have a better idea,...let the people that work for a living keep their own money. How about that idea for a change?

Sessions blows btw.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember folks, Sessions works for the President,and does what Donald tells him to do...he is Sessions boss...
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    anyone can be president even an actor[:o)]
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AzAfshin

Trump will legalize 2 million more, Hispanic Dreamers, and leave the borders open for more to come with drugs smuggling to boot! The Hispanics are also having 4 or more offspring when they get here too!

They get welfare from the start and egible for free housing too.

There are no manufacturing jobs left in America after the great free trade agreements to give China all our middle-class wealth and now we can mow yards,wash dishes or work at wally world to make a living! It's all big joke on millennials who are natural citizens.

serf

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/01/middle-class-evaporates-global-oligarchs-plan-escape-form-impoverished-pleb-masses.html

One of the main reasons we have seen such a low level of resistance to this historic oligarch theft, is due to the successful brainwashing of the American public. Despite clear evidence to the contrary, 60% of what is left of the middle-class still think they are going to get rich. They have no idea that they are really just a bunch of deluded plebs unable to see how systematically and catastrophically they are being played.
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like the argument here is that the wall will stop illegal immigration and reduce our wasted spending on them. Really? Do you really believe a wall will stop illegal immigration? If you really believe the wall will stop this problem, please show me how it will work and stop all means of entry that would circumvent the wall. It might make it less convenient, but any guess at how much will be just as valid and accurate as predictions of how much of global warming is caused by man.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    unfortunately the WALL if completed will NOT stop the US govt from giving away billions$$$$$ to non citizens .... somehow they have been declared permanently "SPECIAL DESERVING"...FREEBIES to the world
  • mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The wall is only a symbol . To stop illegals, the incentives for them to be here have to stop.