In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alabama election,,,

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
edited December 2017 in Politics
What happened????[:0][:0][V][V]

Comments

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They cheated, again!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was those pesky Russians.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    250,000 democrats that were never counted in any other election...the turn out was unprecedented...for the left....more votes than people on the census..
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A majority of Alabama voters chose the high moral ground
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbyerly
    What makes you think that?
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    There is no high moral ground with politicians.

I've never had a whore lie to me anywhere on the planet. All politicians have lied.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    It was those pesky Russians.

The cotton keeps getting taller!!!! [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    250,000 democrats that were never counted in any other election...the turn out was unprecedented...for the left....more votes than people on the census..

Hopefully the recount will reveal all of the undocumented voters and the correct person will be the winner.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gjshaw

Hopefully the recount will reveal all of the undocumented voters and the correct person will be the winner.

while I would love for this to be the case, can you imagine the can of worms that would open???????????????
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to a friend who lives in Montgomery, a number of disgruntled and unmotivated RINOs decided they would not go to the polls.

Some thought any GOP candidate was an automatic win anyway. In other words: Apathy.

DJT won by well over 20%, so things do not make sense.

Either way AL now has a gun hating communist DEMOCRAT senator they will have to wait 6 years to get rid of.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    According to a friend who lives in Montgomery, a number of disgruntled and unmotivated RINOs decided they would not go to the polls.

Some thought any GOP candidate was an automatic win anyway. In other words: Apathy.

Either way AL now has a gun hating communist DEMOCRAT senator they will have to wait 6 years to get rid of.

He's only filling out the remainder of Sessions' term, 2 years or so, and then the good folks in Alabama can (hopefully) choose a conservative.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Legally or not!

LOL

quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe

People got scared, and mad, and consequently voted.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heard of significant voting blocks coming in from the democrats. Smells of voter fraud . Should at least be looked at .[?]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbyerly

I guess it depends upon one?s definition of morals. IMO, there was no moral high ground represented in this election.

At best, the least flawed candidate won. For all his flaws, Moore appears to have advocated for the reduction in the current inter-generational theft immorality that is taking place today.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

He's only filling out the remainder of Sessions' term, 2 years or so, and then the good folks in Alabama can (hopefully) choose a conservative.

Did not know that. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1

Source ?
    Same source as you use....
  • Options
    edited November -1

He is filling Sessions term,which will be up in 2019....by that time the revolution will have taken place, and the new government will be in power..[:o)]
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Democrats concentrated their campaign on young people and African American women. They do that because those are the least knowledgeable class of people or the dumbest of society. That class is also the most likely to be dependent on the government. Democrats thrive on dependency. It's the free college and welfare class that doesn't realize where the government gets it's money. http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/how_did_doug_jones_win_women_a.html.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    I hear some dems saying there was voter suppression going on.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    I hear some dems saying there was voter suppression going on.
    The Rhinos suppressed the conservative vote....The Republican Party self destructed last Tuesday...
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to exit polling data Roy Moore did not do well with young Republicans and conservative married women, perhaps because he did not reflect the values of young Republicans, and all the allegations taking their toll. By watching his antics I'd say he likely did turn off younger voters as he comes across as an angry old preacher. As Trump said Luther Strange would likely have been more appealing across the board to voters. Roy Moore was nominated by a hard core Republican group that apparently doesn't represent the rest of the Republicans in their state.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Being a native Alabamian, and changing over to the Republican Party and working for Barry Goldwater (1964)....I saw the change in Alabama politics from Dixiecrat to Republican...The reason Luther Strange lost his race for the Senate,was he was a Washington Rhino,lock step with Mitchell, the old guard, including my self had no choice but vote for Roy Moore....I voted for Mo Brooks in the Primary....if Jeff Sessions had stayed Senator,no Dem could have beat him, and Roy Moore had to fight the Dems as well as the Rhinos..then the Dems made an end run and dug supposed young girls that Roy seduced...with todays American Inquisition, he lost, and mind you still a very close race...The Dems spent zillions over Moore and still nearly lost...end of story..
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Not entirely so. Lots of mad elderly white republicans did not vote due to not having a picture ID. I guess they are mad at the republicans in the state legislature that made such a requirement.
    What's next?
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i read on the R side 70% of registered voters did not vote. no reasons given, whether it was candidate choice or typical voter apathy. what ever reason, Moore lost because not many people liked him enough to vote for him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...all time record turnout for the state..bigger than the Presidential election.....
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...all time record turnout for the state..bigger than the Presidential election.....
    Source ?.......................[:D] [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    paul b looneypaul b looney Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Republicans got caught up in a game of three card monte. The flim flammers mis directed and split the party while the rhinos sold there soul to their soul to the devil to keep the swamp full. The establishment didnt want Moores baggage.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    i read on the R side 70% of registered voters did not vote. no reasons given, whether it was candidate choice or typical voter apathy. what ever reason, Moore lost because not many people liked him enough to vote for him.

That's what it sounds like to me. It sounds like the barrage of sexual allegations worked, many Republican woman wither didn't vote or voted across part lines, plus the 23,000 write in votes hurt him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Not entirely so. Lots of mad elderly white republicans did not vote due to not having a picture ID. I guess they are mad at the republicans in the state legislature that made such a requirement.

I had to laugh when I read this...so now Republicans should champion no ID because of voter suppression? I bet those mad elderly white voters would come up with an ID to access their social security funds.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ..you don't live here...so, no explanation is warranted...
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "montanajoe" - please forgive me for hijacking your post - but since the e-mail envelope icon doesn't work now - I can't get in touch with "paul b looney" directly.

"paul b looney" if you are watching this thread --- are you related to Paul & Gladys Looney that lived in the New Harmony community near Florala, Alabama???? If so will you please contact me by e-mail -- AdamsQuailHunter@comcast.net

Best Regards -- AQH
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as much money is spent on running for offices i propose elections are run like an auction now up for bid, the highest offer/winner paying off the state or national debt...
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put em in the octagon. The way it should be.

Or Pistols at 20 paces.
  • Options
    DreamsingerDreamsinger Member Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gjshaw

Because the margin was far above the threshold to trigger a recount Moore would have to pay for a recount. Given the amount of corporate support Moore has, the failure of Moore to buy a recount suggests that he doesn't have the money, the GOP won't pay for it and that should a recount not find a reason to change the election, it would make the GOP and Moore look bad.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wonder if the repubs can get their act together before the next regular election
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    wonder if the repubs can get their act together before the next regular election
    I doubt it....
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,992 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    uh uh uh. He don't got
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    uh uh uh. He don't got
    Are you really a person....where the pic of your hog?[:o)]
    http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/turnout_exceeds_expectations_i.html
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,992 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

2,123,372 votes cast 2016 presidential election Alabama.

Approx 1.3 million in the senatorial votelast week.

I hope you do not do your own bookkeeping, pwillie.
    [;)] he tends to BS ALOT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    ...all time record turnout for the state..bigger than the Presidential election.....(should have been the Presidential primary)

2,123,372 votes cast 2016 presidential election Alabama.

Approx 1.3 million in the senatorial votelast week.

I hope you do not do your own bookkeeping, pwillie.
    [;)] he tends to BS ALOT
    show me your Harley ....