In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How Do You Feel About Two Items In the News Today!

Sparty_76Sparty_76 Member Posts: 714 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Politics
I am a Democrat and proud of it! What do all you Republicans think about this ABOMINATION your Conress just past they call Tax Relief? You know how I feel!
#2 How do you feel about your President now allowing the importation of dead elephants?
I just want to hear the other side of things. I cannot for the life of me figure out how if you are Middle Class making under $150,000 a year you would be for this? If you think big Corporations are going to pass it down, I have this bridge between the UP and LP of Michigan I will give you a good deal on! How can you be a Fiscal Coservative and just increase the deficit by 1500 Billion Dollars to give rich people more money! There is 0 proof or evidence Trickle Down Economics works? Did not work in 1987 Why now? Unemployment is at 4% now. Even if you by some miracle did stimulate our economy you are going to throw us into massive inflation! I am not trying to be a troll but cannot understand why anyone is for this.
Finally I hunt a few pheasants but LOVE endangered elephants. They are of no use extinct! They are majestic animals!
So what you got? I

Comments

• MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wowza..........where to start?

Firstly.....elephants ARE NOT ENDANGERED in Africa! Most areas have MORE than they've had in YEARS. Most of them are a menace to the local citizens, too.

People in Africa LOVE the rich white hunters. They bring in millions to desperately poor countries!

Also, you sound like the type of gun owner who isn't against "a few regulations".

Good luck, you are going to need it.

Merc
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lower taxes seem to stimulate the economy and generate greater federal revenue every time they're tried (Kennedy, Reagan, Bush in my memory). Why wouldn't it work this time? It would be especially good if they were to cut spending, also, but let's start with baby steps.
    As for the elephants, if they are from a herd that needs culled and a hunter has paid big bucks for the opportunity to hunt one, what's wrong with letting him bring his trophy home? The elephants still dead, and if it is killed in the interests of managing a herd for the good of ALL elephants, then it's no big deal.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep drinking is all I can say- so many BS things you say isn't worth my time.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only have one question. Why do you constantly have to remind everyone that you are a Democrat?
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35 Whelen
    I only have one question. Why do you constantly have to remind everyone that you are a Democrat?

It's really rather obvious from his/her posts.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    quote:Originally posted by 35 Whelen

It's really rather obvious from his/her posts.

Oh I know. Recently, the fiasco that was his opinion on the 2nd Amendment made that all too clear.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should have posted how I feel about your post?...Really don't care how you feel? Donald can do no wrong!quote:Originally posted by tfitz54
    I am a Democrat and proud of it! What do all you Republicans think about this ABOMINATION your Conress just past they call Tax Relief? You know how I feel!
    #2 How do you feel about your President now allowing the importation of dead elephants?
    I just want to hear the other side of things. I cannot for the life of me figure out how if you are Middle Class making under $150,000 a year you would be for this? If you think big Corporations are going to pass it down, I have this bridge between the UP and LP of Michigan I will give you a good deal on! How can you be a Fiscal Coservative and just increase the deficit by 1500 Billion Dollars to give rich people more money! There is 0 proof or evidence Trickle Down Economics works? Did not work in 1987 Why now? Unemployment is at 4% now. Even if you by some miracle did stimulate our economy you are going to throw us into massive inflation! I am not trying to be a troll but cannot understand why anyone is for this.
    Finally I hunt a few pheasants but LOVE endangered elephants. They are of no use extinct! They are majestic animals!
    So what you got? I
    get the picture...
    07022011_MissFirecrackerBikiniContest_174_6721460683_l_zpsekqvzqxb.jpg
  • oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wanting to weigh in, I'm for both. Your facts are based on fake news. That is all.
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you make $150,000 or less,,how many jobs do you create ? how many employees do you have ?? No its not perfect but it is geared towards people and places that create jobs. Now according to JFK the more jobs created,the more taxes paid and the more you stimulate the economy,,who am I do argue with JFK.
    I had to go read up on the Elephants,,there has NEVER been a ban om most countries, Namibia and South Africa are two African Countries that the USA has always allowed imports,,the only issue now is again two countries , Obummer banned imports from Zimbabwe and Zambia, since then they have been managing their elephant herds much the same way we do Elk and Deer, If those countries are doing paid management hunts,,I have no problem with it, let the hunters bring back their trophy,,they paid for it
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will wait until the proud democrat thanks us for protecting his gun rights from the politicians clueless sheep like him vote for.

Until then? Meh...
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldWinchesterfan
    Just wanting to weigh in, I'm for both. Your facts are based on fake news. That is all.

It is simply amazing isn't it? Do they think that the democrats would bring them any kind of tax relief? The Dems want to give more give aways to the poor, not the middle class. Perhaps I am mis-remembering but I just don't remember a time where the opposition was so blatantly dishonest. Everything is to an extreme, there is zero moderation in tone, and or words anymore. I was ashamed to see members of congress during hearings openly saying the president is unstable, and irrational. It is just shameful behavior, and they smirk like there is no real consequence for their behavior. I am disgusted with the whole thing.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regardless of what side of the aisle your on. We all pay taxes. The intent of part of this bill is to bring jobs back by giving business incentives to not leave our shores. Taking jobs off shore has been a major problem in the last few years...

Trophy hunting rules in Africa are regulated like we do here. Each Nation is capable or managing its own game rules. Elephants are harvested/culled over there effectively. Like we do here with fish and game.
    "What is truth?'
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like Woodguru is back.

Typical DEMOCRAT, playing the fiscal conservative card every time tax relief is mentioned: Where were you when Obama DOUBLED the national debt?

The only real truth to any extinction you mention in hunting itself. If you are fully versed on DEMOCRAT parties dogma, you should know they want and end to private ownership of ALL firearms. This means NO hunting period. You can shoot pheasants in your dreams.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you feel about the eternally corrupt, sky high taxes and out of control record debt not only for the city but the county and park district too.
    This is the democrat controlled city of chitcago. Perhaps you should move there. They love corruption and tyranny worshipers like you.

Oh and don't forget about the "lets pass this bill(the affordable heathcare act)so we can see what's in it" Nancy Pelosi.
    Heath care for everyone! And if you can't afford it we will fine you for not buying it, leaving you even less money to pay for your doctors visits.
    Absolutely wonderful don't you think?[xx(]
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on being a democrap STILL. Law abiding honest hard working taxpayers left the lying pooppile long ago. The demoncraps embracemmebt of blm BS illegal criminals and islamofanitics has proven what the crooked dnc will suck ANYTHING to stay in power. So ya all sided with Mike brownstain and the blm/ nfl PD haters and LIARS. poopbirds of a feather.....
    Welcome to my poop list.
    Signed a former LABOR democrap.

OH BTW The one getting screwed with this tax plan are the one who live in OVERTAXED demonrat poopholes. Can't write off those $12,000[normal single family home in NJ] property taxes the demonrats created by mismanagement and blowfesting every deadbeat POS.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    I will wait until the proud democrat thanks us for protecting his gun rights from the politicians clueless sheep like him vote for.

Until then? Meh...

Just don't hold your breath while you wait...[;)]
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No links ? Either a GBGD opinion or unsubstantiated ,,, bs01.gif

An opinion piece usually isn't worth researching and B.S. even less so.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Too bad some people have to be "Democrats", or "Republicans" I guess they're too stupid to think for themselves. They need to have some group tell them how to think/act/vote.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I'm not trying to be a Troll"..........................That's a good one [}:)], maybe DEMOCRAT Senator/comedian Al Franken will buy it but I won't. Did you ever hear the story about the Bible salesman that tried to sell Bibles in a whorehouse ? You'll have the same amount of luck on here [:)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahhh, I think you guys scared it away!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The elephants are going to be shot regardless. How not allowing the parts into the country helps anything I've yet to understand. Some people feel the need to control other's lives and action, I'm not one of them. If you are not harming someone or someone's property I don't care what you do.

The government is consuming America. The government consumes America by gaining power. The government gains power by collecting the citizens wealth. The government collects the citizens wealth mainly through taxes. Lowering taxes slows down the consumption.

If you are American and have a brain you understand this simple model.
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    BAM!

quote:Originally posted by oldWinchesterfan
  • M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    A proud democrap! How was 8 years of bammy you *??[:(!][xx(]

You can go eat tofu with hitllary, I can't wait to try elephant steak![:D]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lower taxes seem to stimulate the economy and generate greater federal revenue every time they're tried (Kennedy, Reagan, Bush in my memory). Why wouldn't it work this time? It would be especially good if they were to cut spending, also, but let's start with baby steps.
    As for the elephants, if they are from a herd that needs culled and a hunter has paid big bucks for the opportunity to hunt one, what's wrong with letting him bring his trophy home? The elephants still dead, and if it is killed in the interests of managing a herd for the good of ALL elephants, then it's no big deal.

Because trickle-down only works for the rich guys at the top? Didn't work in Reagan's time and won't work now. The average guy in our income range might see an $800/year savings, the rich will see far more savings, and there is no way to balance the books without taking out pork, which ain't gonna happen.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    The banning of elephant trophies does nothing to stop or slow the illegal trade of ivory which is basically why it was enacted. As mentioned elephants are still going to be legally killed and the sale or trade of ivory is still prohibited. It was the pressure from anti hunter groups that got it passed to start with. They wanted to deter hunting.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember the so-called "Luxury tax" that was imposed by Democrats on the rich for items such as private planes, yachts, fancy auto's, etc, etc.......well it put a lot of industries in a financial hurt that took years to overcome...some never did but it didn't hurt the rich it hurt the common working middle class man that depends on such for income, he was the one hurt & left out, not the rich who can endure [;)]. tfitz54, you need to take a basic economics class or take a job or start up a company in the private sector, lose your income one time and you'll convert to reality.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the poster left off the SHI prefix to his/her/its screen name.

He/she/it must be one of the 50% of Americans who pay no income taxes at all, but get a generous refund, which explains being a Democrat. So for him/her/it, the tax reform bill is utterly moot. Until that class of freeloaders is brought to task to pay its own share, that is. Listen to him/her/it howl then!

Oh, and maybe he/she/it would prefer to import live elephants and shoot them here? A safari to a Texas ranch would be simpler if not much cheaper than a flight to Africa.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The show will go on until The Federal reserve unwinds all that debt we the people own and begins to try to service new debt at low-interest rates.

The dollar will collapse in value when all those default credit swaps are called in as interest rates increase for funding new debt.The investors will wake up and find out the U.S. dollar is nothing but digits in some computer like Bitcoin.

serf
    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FDHBFRBN

Public issues held by the Federal Reserve banks have been revised to include Ginnie Mae and exclude the following Government-Sponsored Enterprises: Federal National Mortgage Association, Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, and the Federal Home Loan Bank System.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Because trickle-down only works for the rich guys at the top? Didn't work in Reagan's time and won't work now. The average guy in our income range might see an $800/year savings, the rich will see far more savings, and there is no way to balance the books without taking out pork, which ain't gonna happen.

In red.....this is the crux of the matter. Stop wasting money from taxes already collected.

Our government is borrowing money to operate, then gives away billions as 'foreign aid'. I don't know of any people or businesses that operate that way.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

In red.....this is the crux of the matter. Stop wasting money from taxes already collected.

Our government is borrowing money to operate, then gives away billions as 'foreign aid'. I don't know of any people or businesses that operate that way.
    Yep, I have said for years that if waste was curtailed, EVERY tax could be cut in half with NO reduction of service.
    edited November -1

If a man making $80,000 a year saves $800 a year that's a 1% savings. If a man making $800,000 a year saves $4,000 a year that is 0.5% savings.

So, did the $800,000 a year man save 1/2 as much as the $80,000 a year man, or did he save 5 times as much?

Which would help your finances the most, saving 1% in taxes or saving 0.5% in taxes? In the scenario above, who do you think it helps the most?
    edited November -1

Funny, in the late 70's work shut off like someone threw a switch. We all made money in the 80's.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

Yep, I have said for years that if waste was curtailed, EVERY tax could be cut in half with NO reduction of service.

Absolutely true!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5

If a man making $80,000 a year saves $800 a year that's a 1% savings. If a man making $800,000 a year saves $4,000 a year that is 0.5% savings.

So, did the $800,000 a year man save 1/2 as much as the $80,000 a year man, or did he save 5 times as much?

Which would help your finances the most, saving 1% in taxes or saving 0.5% in taxes? In the scenario above, who do you think it helps the most?
    Scout this is how propaganda works.
    The democrats would say this tax bill only benefits the rich because this rich man was able to save 500% more money than the middle class. See I told you.[;)]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm having the hardest time imagining why anyone would be proud to associate with the Democrats, unless they themselves were corrupt lovers of evil and perversity.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    I'm having the hardest time imagining why anyone would be proud to associate with the Democrats, unless they themselves were corrupt lovers of evil and perversity.

I think you just answered your own question, what else could it be?
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    What is this guy doing on a Gun Forum unless he is trolling. We all know how Democrats feel about guns.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop

If you really want to understand, google ?multiplier effect? ?marginal propensity to consume? and ?marginal propensity to save?.

Plenty of good basic videos and articles that explain these concepts.

Then you will understand why a tax cut at the lower end has a different outcome than a tax cut at the high end.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    quote:Originally posted by droptop

If you really want to understand, google ?multiplier effect? ?marginal propensity to consume? and ?marginal propensity to save?.

Plenty of good basic videos and articles that explain these concepts.

Then you will understand why a tax cut at the lower end has a different outcome than a tax cut at the high end.

You mean there are actual studies and theories addressing a person's right to do what they wish with their own money? Even without interference and manipulation from the government?

Imagine that.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    What is this guy doing on a Gun Forum unless he is trolling. We all know how Democrats feel about guns.
    He says he "loves guns" and owns several, but has made it clear he supports all manner of 2A infringements. That is a complete surprise to no one. Logic escapes the left completely.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain