In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OK say the government says turn them in..........

2»

Comments

• Options
    DreamsingerDreamsinger Member Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guns-n-painthorses
    What will be the first free state that says no way, not here.

I vote Wyoming.

Due to the insurmountable logistical impossibility of such an order I doubt it will ever happen. Most cops are pro-2A and there aren't enough of them to take on a task that will surely meet more resistance than they want.
  • Options
    DBMJR1DBMJR1 Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll remind some of y'all that the Afgans shot down Soviet HinD helicopters with shotguns loaded with barb'd wire. In other cases, they used rocks.

It's awfully hot in an armored vehicle when the exterior is coated in burning gasoline.

It's not the hardware that wins the battle.

An enemy you can't see, is awful hard to kill

Essayons
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DBMJR1
    I'll remind some of y'all that the Afgans shot down Soviet HinD helicopters with shotguns loaded with barb'd wire. In other cases, they used rocks.

It's awfully hot in an armored vehicle when the exterior is coated in burning gasoline.

It's not the hardware that wins the battle.

An enemy you can't see, is awful hard to kill

Essayons

Very true - you can't hit what you can't see...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 1/4 mile long gravel driveway with one way in. Terain and creeks and ditches make it almost impossible to get a vehicle in without using the narrow drive way. I have numerous arms that would easily disable anything other than a tank. Not likely to have a tank come here. If I so chose it could get messy for anyone not welcome. No idea how I would react it heaven forbid it comes to that. I see it more like the tax laws. If you fail to completly comply its almost impossible to totaly inforce the tax laws.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Turn what in?
    Maps to the palace.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And I say Molon labe.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just say.... "NO".
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    History has shown us that the Federal Government will use the supremacy clause when they believe it important. While there is a possibility of a number of Sanctuary States regarding the 2nd Amendment, our most populous states will willingly comply.

As with most things, this freedom will come down the reaction of individuals.

Most will comply with the order. Many have a lot to lose, and would not want to jeopardize their future over an AR-15 or 30 round magazine.

Many will resist by not complying, but by forcing the state to issue a warrant and come and get them. The majority of these people will comply with a lawfully served warrant. Some of these will fight the court battle. These people will lose a great deal of their wealth in pursuing the fight, but are probably the best chance we have a reversing the law. (It is instructive to note that many of these folks have firearms that cannot be traced to them, and will have those firearms off-site and therefore protected from the search.)

There will be a small number who will resist and deny access to their property, even when served a warrant. These folks serve a valuable purpose in that they will give the governing legal authorities something to think about. While many will say 'my life is not worth an AR-15', they often miss the point that it works both ways. The threat of armed resistance will hopefully cause many in the law enforcement community to seriously consider whether their life or health is less important than the confiscation of a firearm or two.

I will be in the 2nd or 3rd camp. If they want them, they will have to come and get them. Am unsure at the moment whether the hands from which they take them will be cold. The longer it is in coming, of course, the less I will have to lose.

Texas might not. Florida probably will.

1 California 39,144,818
    2 Texas 27,469,114
    3 Florida 20,271,272
    4 New York 19,795,791

Might be a good idea to acquire a little retirement place in Montana not many jobs but the future might be bright.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing "they" will get from me is a box of stripped lowers(all broken BTW). According to "their" regulations, that's the part with the serial number so that's "the gun".