In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

8th Circuit bans machine gun ownership

13»

Comments

• Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim,, I never said it would or even could happen. I said I would "like" to see a something like that. It would be a great solution to felons with guns. But your right, it will never happen. Might be offensive to someone.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Well lets go right back to where this all statred, you all stand and defend your 'ideals' I will work at implimenting those changes you and I want. But I will do this in the 'real' world.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Meaning what exactly Jim? That because we are unwilling to compromise that we are somehow not in the real world? Yes we have except the law of the land. For now. Doesn't mean we have to like it. I know guys that have things hidden away for a rainy day. And just because you are willing to go along with whatever comes down you think your the more enlightened one? 35 years ago if you told someone that their rifle would one day be banned and illegal because of the way it looked they would laughed you out of town. Today, it's a reality. Why? Because to many people said "well, if it will make us safer". Then they banned "High Cap" magazines. Yes they came back in most of the country. But not in California. Neither did the evil black rifle. So I'm guessing that at some point they will step over a line that the American gun owner will not back down too or shy away from. Then all hell will break loose. And the true meaning of the 2nd Admendment will be known to all.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:So I'm guessing that at some point they will step over a line that the American gun owner will not back down too or shy away from. Then all hell will break loose. And the true meaning of the 2nd Admendment will be known to all.

That, 45Long, is the REAL 'reality' that Jim refuses to face.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HB,
    3% is not reality!!![xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Jim Rau

USA
    1244 Posts
    Posted - 08/31/2008 : 10:03:23 AM

HB,
    3% is not reality!!!
    There mouths a man that would 'speak' for the Second Amendment..and would hope that I would silence my tongue.

There speaks a man so utterly ignorant of his OWN HISTORY as to mouth those words in red above;
    For the ONLY reason he is allowed to continue his diatribe of selling out America is BECAUSE OF 3 % of the people in 1776;

Those men that took WEAPONS in hand and went to war.
    Those 3% were supported by LESS then 30 % of the people in this country...HARDLY the majority he insists upon having before mustering the courage to demand justice for the Second Amendemnt.

There is THE clear, unambiguous dividing line between an anti-gunner and a supporter of this country.

MY "Reality" IS those 3 % that fought and died...KNOWING that people like you would come along and sell them out. They did it anyway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There speaks a man (HB) who beleives personal insults will further OUR cause. He is a real liablility to those of us who REALLY care about the gaining support for the RTKABA![:(]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    There speaks a man (HB) who beleives personal insults will further OUR cause. He is a real liablility to those of us who REALLY care about the gaining support for the RTKABA![:(]

YOUR brand of support, Jim, is the same support the Brady bunch gives. We don't need the likes of you to "support" the second amendment. I bet you sympathized with the Tory's too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Grow up! Or should I say wise up![xx(]
    You make good entertainement, but do nothing to support the 2nd Amendment![:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Grow up! Or should I say wise up![xx(]
    You make good entertainement, but do nothing to support the 2nd Amendment![:(]

Wise up?

You are the one talking from BOTH sides of your mouth.

I do more to support the constitution than you could HOPE to do.

What? You think throwing a few bucks here and there, and your work is finished? How utterly foolish.

While I support NOT having drunk people on the road, I don't comprimise freedoms by banning cars and alcoholic drinks. I support putting offenders behind BARS. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, such an ardent supporter you are Jim. Are your lips sewed together in the middle, to make speaking from BOTH sides of your mouth easier?
  • Options
    edited November -1

I disagree Jim.

Highball has the knack and refreshing ability to get straight to the point. He calls a spade a spade and makes no apology, nor should he be expected to.

You know as well as I do that strong feelings run deep in men like us, particularly when a debate over basic principals of the Constitution and Individual Liberty are being discussed/debated.

Grow a thicker skin if you are going to step out into these arguments like you have been doing.

You espouse things that are completely contrary to the beliefs of many. Expect a strong, often brutal response and don't let it get to you.

My .02 cents.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jeff,
    As you know, I have been called everything in the book and some things not in the book, as have you![;)]
    I don't scare off. But 'others' do! And even though you ALL deny it, we need the 'others', 3% will get you no where![:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jeff,
    As you know, I have been called everything in the book and some things not in the book, as have you![;)]
    I don't scare off. But 'others' do! And even though you ALL deny it, we need the 'others', 3% will get you no where![:(]

Jim, you need to come to a realization that 'denial' is not an issue for me. I deny nothing. I merely hold to my beliefs and principals.

I see, I assess, I understand, I decide, I act. None of that consists of a denial, rather, it is informed judgment.

I simply do not want to dilute the critical distinction between what many preach as 'support' for gun-rights and 'support' for other 'freedoms' and that which is is the clear and simple 'bottom-line' of the issue when measured by the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Founding Principals of Individualism.

Frankly, it baffles me that so many 'self-styled patriots' callously disregard this clear and simple 'measure', or 'yardstick' if you will, which so clearly puts into perspective the actions of the government and what many in society advocate for.

I want there to be no wiggle-room, no room to squirm, no room to obfuscate and no room to muddy the water of that clear distinction.

People need to have the facts placed in front of them about what the founding principals really mean, not the fuzzy, compromise version that so many are attempting to portray as righteous.

Once that bright line is drawn, then an informed decision can be made, to either attempt to fight a running battle in a reverse direction, like you advocate, or to draw a line and hold to it, regardless of PC, or conventional wisdom.

It is funny how your 'reality' changes, as does the bending, contorting, rear-guard action, that must be kept up in 'your fight', yet the 'bottom-line' of the founding principals, individualism and the Constitution never does.

Those who read this should ponder that point for awhile.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:3% will get you no where!
    Yet again..flatly denying that the Revolutionary War ever happened !!

And the man says that I have lost touch with 'reality'.

Oddly enough, he is right...I lost touch with HIS alternative universe many, many years ago...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HB,
    Please take your meds, then we can have a rational exchange![|)]

Jeff,
    The Bill of Rights has not changed, but our world has. When they were written ours was rual conservative society. It is an urban liberal society now. Why do you deny this?? I now, you don't. You will have some absrtact return for the question. But if we (Those who beleive in the Bill of Rights) want to prevail we have to adapt to THIS world and fight these AH's on every front. We can't just fold our arms, put our back aginst the wall and say "By GOD that is the way it is becasue that what the Constitution says". You have to jump into the middle of them with both feet and try and make a difference. That is what I did, radio, TV, newpapers, and even senate hearings.
    What has the 3% done to try and make some changes to the attitude of the other 97%, other than have pep rallies on this site?[?]
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HB,
    Please take your meds, then we can have a rational exchange!

Jeff,
    The Bill of Rights has not changed, but our world has. When they were written ours was rual conservative society. It is an urban liberal society now. Why do you deny this?? I now, you don't. You will have some absrtact return for the question. But if we (Those who beleive in the Bill of Rights) want to prevail we have to adapt to THIS world and fight these AH's on every front. We can't just fold our arms, put our back aginst the wall and say "By GOD that is the way it is becasue that what the Constitution says". You have to jump into the middle of them with both feet and try and make a difference. That is what I did, radio, TV, newpapers, and even senate hearings.
    What has the 3% done to try and make some changes to the attitude of the other 97%, other than have pep rallies on this site?

By GOD, that is the way it is because that's what the Constitution says!

I like it. I am adding it to my sig line. Thanks Jim.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No thank you WS, you proved my point![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, thank you WS, you proved my point![:D]

Must have missed it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You 'MISS' ALOT ws! Sorry could not resist that one!![}:)]
    You admitted to me, and the world, that my assement of your position is correct, thus you proved my point. For being such a 'wordy' person, you seem to have a problem grasping what other say!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No Jim, I know exactly what you are saying. You stated that we cannot simply say, "The Constitution says what it says , and that's the way it is!" You stated that we must accept the reality that some regulation/restriction will always be present. You believe that we must "chip away" to get a right back that was ours to begin with.

I understand exactly what you are saying....

And you are wrong on all counts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ws,
    What I am saying is the restrictions have gone way to far and we have to 'chip a way' at these restrictions, they won't go away by simply taking the stand you and some other have taken, unless you want to start an armed revolution and have a good chance of winning! Which I don't think will happen.
    I thing this real easy to understand, right?[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jim,

I understand the restrictions have gone too far, starting with the very first one.

I understand the 2nd Amendment right affirmed by the Constitution is absolute, unambiguous, and free from any intervention or intrusion designed to restrict or regulate it.

I understand the process to extract liberty's teeth will continue...

We shall have to wait.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WS,
    You can wait if you want. I will continue to fight these restrictions![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WS,
    You can wait if you want. I will continue to fight these restrictions![;)]

Jim, you SUPPORT many of those restrictions. Where then is the fight?

Is it a fight for different regulations and infringements than those we already had forced on us? Is it a fight for further 'privileges', which further dilute the peoples understanding and acceptance of the Bill of Rights and founding principals of individualism?

You are a curious character, extremely strong willed, confident in your position, albeit flat wrong on these bottom-line constitutional issues, but curious nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, Jeff, I support very few restrictions. The fewer the better. What I do is except the reality of the situation, which is 'there are going to be some restrictions' weather we like it or not, but the fewer the better.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I support very few restrictions.

I support none. They are an affront to any American who loves freedom and liberty.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, Jeff, I support very few restrictions. The fewer the better. What I do is except the reality of the situation, which is 'there are going to be some restrictions' weather we like it or not, but the fewer the better.[:)]

From you own previous statements, you support restrictions/bans (?) on Full-autos and you support the privilege of CCW permitting by government.

What others do you support, out of simple curiosity?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jeff,
    What I did say is. We have to try and prevent criminals from walking in and legally buying a WMD over the counter. I don't think the current insta-check system should be in affect for non-WMD's, but should be in effect for WMD's.
    You can laugh and make smart-* remarks if you want, but I have seen the carnage these casue if in the wrong hands. Will this COMPLEATLY stop them from being obtained and used by criminals, no. But it will help! Will it help to make the non-2nd Amendment people happy? I don't know, but as I said we WILL have some restrictions so we have decied what is exceptable and which aren't. Here is were we part company. You will only except 'no restrictions'. This is why I think you will be very disapointed, becasue this will NOT HAPPEN, EVER![:)]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is gonna be a very long thread![:0]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What I did say is. We have to try and prevent criminal from walking in and legally buying a WMD over the counter. I don't think the current insta-check system should be in affect for non-WMD's, but should be in effect for WMD's.
    You can laugh and make smart-* remarks if you want, but I have seen the carnage these casue if in the wrong hands. Will this COMPLEATLY stop them from being obtained and used by criminals, no. But it will help!

Jim,

What is your definition of a WMD?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No it's not Marc. I head south tomarrow morning and will be off the box except to check e-mail. While at home I am very busy finishing the house. Besides we have dial up on one line, so can you say SLOW!
    I will be back in two weeks and no doubt we will find something to 'discuss'. If not this something else. I like to think I have found some 'friends' to discuss things with.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In a nut shell, Full auto and/or crew served weapons!
  • Options
    edited November -1

People CAN'T buy crew served weapons NOW.

Full auto's are currently restictive in price. Only the "wealthy" can afford to buy them legally.

Criminals are getting full auto's in hand NOW, while the average citizen can't. NO LAW will stop the criminal element from obtaining them, other than public hanging.

Jim, you DO realize, ANY of us COULD create a REAL WMD, but DON'T because we are LAW ABIDING. The info and supplies are out there, for those whom seek it.

CRIMINAL control works effectively. Gun control over the law abiding, only makes US a easy target.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

People CAN'T buy crew served weapons NOW.

Full auto's are currently restictive in price. Only the "wealthy" can afford to buy them legally.

Criminals are getting full auto's in hand NOW, while the average citizen can't. NO LAW will stop the criminal element from obtaining them, other than public hanging.

Jim, you DO realize, ANY of us COULD create a REAL WMD, but DON'T because we are LAW ABIDING. The info and supplies are out there, for those whom seek it.

CRIMINAL control works effectively. Gun control over the law abiding, only makes US a easy target.

Already been there,.......done that with Jim.
    Didn't work.

Seems like a nice guy, but blinded by one event in his life, which I admit must have not been pleasant.

Doesn't change what the real subject matter is though.
    He has come up with a new description though,.......WMD,......hmmm?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A machine gun is NOT a Weapon of MASS Destruction. Talk about twisted logic. For someone who alledgedly lives in reality, you have no clue. Though I'm sure that Sarah Brady would agree with you completely. Doubt that anyone else here would agree with you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actuly Mark, most, if not all, belt feed machine guns are crew served weapons![:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OH NO, Personal attacks again, I am appauld, NOT. I expect it from people have no real argument!!![;)]
    Actuly Mark, most, if not all, belt feed machine guns are crew served weapons![:)]

CREW SERVED means TWO or MORE people are REQUIRED to make a weapon system OPERATE.

What makes YOU think I CAN'T carry, set up, and shoot a belt fed FA myself?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OH NO, Personal attacks again, I am appauld, NOT. I expect it from people have no real argument!!![;)]

Jim,.......please.
    You seem like a nice enough guy. Don't put words in my mouth.
    Previously I mentioned to you about M-16's, as compared to a SAW.

M-16's are not belt fed, nor are Ak-47's,........I am certain you are aware of this.

I also brought up the idea of a Brown Bess being considered a CSW back in the day. You do realize that some simply reloaded for the shooters,......right?

I am beginning to wonder if you are simply having fun here, or have another purpose.
    You don't seem to be able to stick to what an individual poster has said.

Edit: I though the major event that influenced you was a criminal that converted an AK to full auto?
    Do YOU call that a crew served weapon?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Marc,
    Well I guess it is my old military experance rearing it's ugly head. Even though I used a M-60 ALOT by myself, it is considered, by the military, as 'crew served' weapon.

If it matters to you, which it don't, I do not consider the three round burst as full auto as the ATF does.
    It would not matter how I define a WMD (for this application) as you do not beleive in any restrictions.[;)]