In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Courts Misusing Heller

rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    These rulings were specifically predicted by many right here, No. 5.

Scoffed at, we were, for questioning that great victory of individual freedom over government excess, even though the predictions made were only pointing out what should have been obvious to all.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    " Pro-gun legal community "...heeheeehhheeeeeeeeeeeehe
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, there are some here that can say, "I told ya so"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And most of those have responded to/originted this thread [:D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rkba4ever
    And most of those have responded to/originted this thread [:D]

Not without me they haven't. [;)]

Who could have ever imagined such an eventuality?
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to pick, but we really must question the title to this thread.

Are the courts really misusing Heller?

Or, perhaps, the courts using Heller exactly as intended. They are certainly using it exactly as worded.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Courts Misusing Heller

Heller? You mean the landmark D.C. vs Heller?

The same Heller that was touted as a great victory for America's gun owners?

The same Heller that most everyone on these forums were cutting cartwheels over?

Oh, you mean the Heller where the SCOTUS ruled the people have the privilege to keep and bear arms approved by the government?

And to think there were a few 'nuts' on here that could only see the 'negatives' in that decision; you know, the "glass is half-empty folks".

Sarcasm intended.

As for me, I'll stand with those 'nuts' who have the discernment to know what is a life-saving elixir and what is snake oil.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don;
    EXACTLY !!! rkb is perfectly aware of this..no problem there.

I am sure there are multitudes out the thinking those thoughts, 'misusing, indeed'.....poor souls are still wrapped in their warm coccoon, convinced that all is right with the world.

Poor slow witted souls...
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HB:

You are correct. I mistated my comment. It thread should have been article. My apologies, No. 5, if my comment was taken as a pick at you. It was directed to the Ohioans for Concealed Carry.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    HB:

You are correct. I mistated my comment. It thread should have been article. My apologies, No. 5, if my comment was taken as a pick at you. It was directed to the Ohioans for Concealed Carry.

No harm, no foul Don, I didn't think you meant me as we've all agreed on what Heller meant to us - doodly squat. I just wanted those who looked through those rose colored glasses at the decision to see what is being made of our "great victory" (sarcasm HEAVILY intended [:D])
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No problem at all, Don..for we that walk on this side MUST keep an eye out for each other. If there appears something problematic..WE must correct it...for the other side will surely use it as a weapon against us.