In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

some things never change

39chevy39chevy Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
I was browsing thru some of my old american rifleman magazines from the war years..42-45..and noticed articles each month about asking private citizens to please send some of their personal guns to england to help them defend themselves against the nazis...since england had disarmed their citizens...and what have they learned in the last 60+ years??..also noticed magazines from 45 46 with lead articles talking about the threat the anti gun crowd was posing on the citizens here and how we had to fight gun control laws...fast forward to 2008..some things never change..amazin ain't it?

Comments

• Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun control has been good to them - drives up member$hip (and revenues)..........
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The more things change the more they stay the same.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,391 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rkba4ever
    Gun control has been good to them - drives up member$hip (and revenues)..........
    Yep.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 39chevy
    I was browsing thru some of my old american rifleman magazines from the war years..42-45..and noticed articles each month about asking private citizens to please send some of their personal guns to england to help them defend themselves against the nazis...since england had disarmed their citizens...

Do you think you could scan those particular articles?
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1

Yeah, and fires are good for firemen as it provides job security. Illness is good for doctors because it drives up revenues. Crime is good for cops because it provides job security. Ignorance is good for teachers because it provides for job security. And on and on with that goofey logic.

Just the same old phony excuses for not joining the GOA, SAF, JFPFO, CCKBA, etc. Just sit on your lazy butt, keep your meashly membership fees in your pocket, let someoone else fight your fight for you, and you still get to gripe, whine and complain.

It don't get any better than that does it?
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Yeah, and fires are good for firemen as it provides job security. Illness is good for doctors because it drives up revenues. Crime is good for cops because it provides job security. Ignorance is good for teachers because it provides for job security. And on and on with that goofey logic.

Just the same old phony excuses for not joining the GOA, SAF, JFPFO, CCKBA, etc. Just sit on your lazy butt, keep your meashly membership fees in your pocket, let someoone else fight your fight for you, and you still get to gripe, whine and complain.

It don't get any better than that does it?

Boy, for someone who doesn't know me, you sure do know alot about me.........

Just for you information Mr. Fox, I joined the NRA a LONG time ago - a lifer as a matter of fact, and even though I find myself annoyed with them I have not resigned that membership. As far as lazy goes, well, money is a tad tight right now, I'm building my own house BY MYSELF. If doing that, working full time, and being a single parent makes me lazy, then gosh, I'll just hang my widdle head in shame and take my toys and go home. Oh and as soon as funds are a little but free I DO plan on joining GOA.

Just because I don't worship at the alter of the NRA like you do doesn't mean I'm not in this fight. Keep throwing your little stones just because people don't see things your way..........
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Keep throwing your little stones just because people don't see things your way..........

No stones at all. Wiffle balls.

He hangs around here hoping that some of the strength of Second Amendment supporters will rub off on him. He keeps repeating the nonsense that the NRA feeds him becuase he is unable to break the habits of a lifetime..and the pity is..that lifetime has been spent adoring the 'New American Constitution'... the one giving government authority to do whatever they damn well please to citizens.