In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HB

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
What has happened to longhunter again?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have often wondered, how did you come up with your username?

So I decided to look it up...

highball: American slang to go at great speed.

yup, that fits you to a "T"[8D]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    JP;
    Much more prosaic then that, I fear...it has to do with the time I first registered here at Gunbroker. I had tried every user name I could think of ..and been rejected..(already taken)..at the point of just quitting, an irritating phrase popped into my head .."Wish I had a Highball".
    This was a sentence I heard many times from my mother as a child ..odd ..because she was nearly a non-drinker. I plugged it in, and "FOOM"...I has arrived !!
    All that being said ..I am going to blithely assume you meant that as a compliment ..and accept it most humbly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [quoteI am going to blithely assume you meant that as a compliment ][/quote]

It never crossed my mind that it could be taken any other way. I think it well describes how you rush headlong to defend the republic. Sad Ridiculous that you should have to.