In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE ARE UNARMED?

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
edited September 2008 in Gun Rights and Constitutional Law
what do you think would happen if we were?

Comments

• Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we would cease to be citizens, and would become slaves.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    you would do what you were told by your politicians ....or else!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly

or else?
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik

or else?

BANG! Right in the top of your skull cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid

or else?

not a very nice thought. dou you really think uncle sam would carry out civilian exicutions?
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid

or else?

not a very nice thought. dou you really think uncle sam would carry out civilian exicutions?

They won't be openly called executions, but something more along the lines of "cleansings."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    so whats the plan too keep this from happening?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    or else?
    I will NOT be disarmed!! Maybe dead ... but NOT disarmed!!
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I long ago made the decision to no longer resist gun laws by begging politicians to "please don't pass any more".

No ..this country needs a cleansing of garbage, people that have no love of and no concept of freedom.

I believe the only way to accomplish this is for those in power to finally pass that final law banning firearms.

Americans.men.will then resist in the only way tyrants understand ..just as our forefathers did.

Cowards, Quislings, fellow travelers to the Beast, sycophants and the general garbage that infests America will submit.

That will allow those of us watching and fighting for freedom the opportunity to separate those types out.and ship them to some deserted desert after we take America back.
  • Options
    Old IronsightsOld Ironsights Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik...not a very nice thought. dou you really think uncle sam would carry out civilian exicutions?

When have they stopped?

Wounded Knee.
    Kent State.
    Ruby Ridge.
    Waco.
    Any of a thousand bits of "no knock" jackbootery that ended up in a civilian death...

Meh.

They can take my guns. I WILL MAKE MORE.

http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/index.shtml
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dually noted and added to my favorites.[^]
  • Options
    STDOLESTDOLE Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The same thing that has happened in our Nations Capitol, Washington DC... They have no guns there what so ever. Homes etc..

MURDER CAPITOL OF THE COUNTRY
  • Options
    1776-19761776-1976 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    catpealer111 "not a very nice thought. Do you really think uncle sam would carry out civilian executions?" Without resistance I believe they would in a heart beat. While there are many injustices in our country that need to be corrected I believe the armed citizens are the ONLY thing preventing our government from elliminate ALL our freedoms and controlling EVERY aspect of our lives.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    your children will be fed to wolves, your woman will be raped and you will be tortured and forced to slave labor. I know kinda silly, but would you stop it [:X]
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE ARE UNARMED?

It will not matter to me because they will be prying my musket from my dead hands !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Could we stop it?

Military style weapones are the gun banners first targets, and they have already stopped sale of the high caps mags to civilians once. God forbid it, but you can't fight a modern army with deer rifles and your daddies bird gun.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Could we stop it?

Military style weapones are the gun banners first targets, and they have already stopped sale of the high caps mags to civilians once. God forbid it, but you can't fight a modern army with deer rifles and your daddies bird gun.

Well, I gather people that need 100 round mags better LEARN to hit what they shoot at then. Semi auto's are better for CQC and bolt guns are better for field use IMO. Shotguns are also useful for CQC and SHORT range combat. Perhaps not what you idealy WANT, but a battle COULD be fought without hi-cap magizines.

Hone your skills.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my skills are honed. I was taught on bolt rifles and pop's shotgun, but for combat against a modern force they are not ideal weapons. They have niches and fill them well, and tactically speacking you could win a fight force on force. Honestly though how many tacticians do you know that could play to those strenghts. Fire superioirity wins most fights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my skills are honed. I was taught on bolt rifles and pop's shotgun, but for combat against a modern force they are not ideal weapons. They have niches and fill them well, and tactically speacking you could win a fight force on force. Honestly though how many tacticians do you know that could play to those strenghts. Fire superioirity wins most fights.

Spray and pray is NOT a winning tactic in my book.

Hitting your target EVERY TIME is.

You will find, elite forces have LITTLE use for full auto fire. It is a waste of ammo, and it serves no purpose eliminating your target, as you can't fire full auto and hit what your aiming at (E.G. a single human size target).

You think wars were only won by semi/full auto weapons?

Consider the Revolutionary war. Ours were outnumbered GREATLY, by a supposed "superior" army. We won because WE hit what we aimed at (not how much lead we could put downrange), and because we fought with intellegence.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You are right in every respect. It is simply this, I am not an advocate of spray and pray, but more ammo in you weapones mag means more chances to hit that enemy down range before reloads, it means that you can offer supression fire while your buddy with a bolt rifle takes out your enemy. there is a houndred more reasons for us too have those weapones and there capabilities in warfare, along side good bolt guns and shotguns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You are right in every respect. It is simply this, I am not an advocate of spray and pray, but more ammo in you weapones mag means more chances to hit that enemy down range before reloads, it means that you can offer supression fire while your buddy with a bolt rifle takes out your enemy. there is a houndred more reasons for us too have those weapones and there capabilities in warfare, along side good bolt guns and shotguns.

AND I am not saying hi-cap semi autos shouldn't be owned, or have a place in our country. My point being, BE PREPARED for whatever life throws at you. IF, for some odd reason, we couldn't buy/own hi-cap semi autos, be prepared to change your "plan".

And if I ever owned any of those evil guns, I would probably own one or three hi-cap semi autos and a truck load of mags. IF I did own any that is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has anyone taken into consideration how many EX military folks are in the general population? I was taught to shoot (really shoot) by Uncle Sam himself. If you can't see me and my WWII 8mm, you can't shoot me. Our country was founded on unethical tactics. Practice 3 200 yard shots then run like hell, live to shoot another day.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry regerge, I havent taken ex-mil. folks into my calculations. I figured most would be called upon in reserve. I guess you and your comrades have sacrificed more for freedom then I could comprehind. Those guys are the leaders a punitive force would need too win.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    america will never be unarmed. though we may be required to turn in grandads old double barrel for the "betterment of society". i for one would like to think that there are enough people with a backbone left in this country to see to it that things were set right. and i agree with highball that mabye a outright ban would be in this coutries best interest. i cant think of anything that would band those precious few together for the common good more strongly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no great revolt happened in '94.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry in 94 i was 12 years old. though i had a love for firearms i was not concerned with any of this. that was when the brady bill passed though correct?? banning the hicap mags??
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since we are speaking hypothetically...

How many standing military are there in this nation? 500,000? Let's say a million to be sure.

How many reserve and guard? Another million? Let's say 2,000,000 just in case.

How many law enforcement? 5,000,000? 10,000,000?

Let's assume that all of these groups would actively enforce the will of a tyrannical regime bent of disarming Americans and denying our rights. In fact, let's estimate that this regime has 15,000,000 soldiers ready to fight.

How many armed citizens are there throughout this nation? Minimum 50,000,000? That would be 1 out of 6 Americans. Let's say only a third are willing to actively fight this tyrannical regime(using Revolutionary War percentages), so that is about 16,000,000 on our side.

Again hypothetically, how many of the 15,000,000 on their side would have to die before they would give up? Our casualties don't matter because the media isn't on our side anyway. If modern wars were won by body count then Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq would just be obscure countries on the other side of the globe.

In Iraq I believe we have about 250,000 troops. About 1% of that number have been killed thus far and it is already considered a lost war by over half of the general population.

So back to our hypothetical... we have more soldiers than they do, but they have better arms. But if we can kill 150,000 of them then we can probably get them to give up. Are grandpa's rifle, molotov cocktails, bleach bombs, and IEDs up for the task? Don't forget the trucks full of fertilizer, and the folks that do actually have those Barret .50 BMGs and the Class 3 guns. Even if they came to seize them, they wouldn't find them all.

At some point the shooting will start.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is a different fight, they will loose everything if we win, therefore they will fight too the last man.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Imagine a scenario;
    On junovjan 2063, Monday morning, every patriot left alive in America picks out one enemy and kills him... starting at 8:00 AM.

By nightfall...it is all over.

The enemy, at that time, will be obvious.
    Those serving the Beast..eagerly, fawningly, and with great glee killing Americans.

It is quite obvious that they will win every pitched battle...and I believe they will lose the war.
    Superior weapons, superior training, better condition they are in .but fighting for their country they are not.

Deep down, they know that, and that will be the fatal weakening of the minions of the Elite.
    Oh, the Elite are fully convinced that you should be a total servant to them...but their strike forces will be fighting for money, rape, robbery, or land promised them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In my share of fights (hand to hand) my physical training broke them and they fell when my rage was brought too bare. That said I could not fight twenty people and guess the outcome.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama would spread his angel wings and protect us all!/fuzzy wuzzy off.
    We would have to live with marxist BS until the free thinking machinists of America came to the rescue!
    Vote for McCain, buy time for freedom!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, flogger...you do not deserve 'time'.

People like you had the chance to turn this thing around...and you spit on that chance.
    You get no more cooperation from we that support America.
  • Options
    Soldat251Soldat251 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many police and military personel would be fine to fight their fellow American too? While Im sure plenty would I cant help but think a good amount would refuse or take to our side even.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

This is my first post here, so firstly "Hello" to all.

Think about one thing in this aspect: sniper/spotter teams. Anyone who hunts deer could be a possible sniper in waiting. Couple the deer rifle with optics with a partner with an AR or AK (or auto-loader of your choice, I happen to have both), and you could have effective small teams that would be hard to combat against. One shot fired, one enemy down with his team in dissaray while the 2 man team melts into the shadows, only letting the weapon with a hi-cap mag speak if necessary to facilitate egress.

I know there are alot more variables that would go into it, and not having been in the military for training, maybe (well, more than likely) I'm looking through rose colored glasses at the scenario. If you're in a situation where you don't have to go "toe to toe" with your enemy, but are able to use cover and distance to selectively engage a single taget of opportunity, wouldn't that increase your chances of success and survival concurrently?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rkba4ever

i like you dont have any military experiance, but your plan of action seems like the better rout to go then open confrontation. this way you only loose 2 people should things go bad. verses a whole squad in a firefight. just need to get better at shooting at those longer ranges.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    sorry in 94 i was 12 years old. though i had a love for firearms i was not concerned with any of this. that was when the brady bill passed though correct?? banning the hicap mags??

yes, and certian other offensive weapones like the feather 9, and any other pistol with the mag ahead of the pistol grip, high caps rifle and pistol mags. Also semi auto shotguns with folding stocks, I think. All the stuff thats best for close quarters hairy situations.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    theres sure been some good answers on this topic. i have truly enjoyed reading them.. the idea of small 2 man teams is damned good!!..well thought out.
    in a stand up fight there would be no way to defeat the u.s. military machine, but as the so called "rebels" learnt during your war of independance hit and run is a good tactic.
    also you would have to realise that in modern times sattelite surveilance would be used against you if you formed up in big groups, one attack from helicopters and a lot would die in no time flat...small is safer. also you would be able to trust your mate who was with you...the more in the group the greater the risk of traitors selling you out!! and that would be a real problem to deal with, and its easy to say that when they were caught they would be killed...fair enough, but how much damage have they done before you catch them? how many have been killed or betrayed?..speaking personally i cant think of 3 people who i would trust 100%, no doubt about it, no questions asked! it is a question everyone would have to ask themselves..."can/do i trust this person with my life"
    ...again, small is better. there would be people who could operate well in urban situations, and ones who would thrive in the rural areas. and dont forget, you wouldnt get any help for training or being equiped by a "friendly" neighbour. there would be no safe border to cross for any reason, and you can bet those borders would be patrolled heavily..i understand the deal has already passed your congress to allow mexican and canadian troops to enter the u.s. to "police" u.s. citizens if the situation requires it.
    never forget that a lot of very well trained military personel would desert and support you if they had to...they would be worth their weight in gold.

i do believe that all these hypothetical thoughts we are sharing wont ever happen unless full registration of every firearm is implemented...that im afraid is the beginning of the end!!! trust me on that...it means "they" can take them whenever "they" want!
    im speaking from expirience, we lost all hope in 1996 when full registration nation wide came into effect, the excuse used to impliment it was a lie, but that didnt stop it happening...in the 1980`s the then federal government signed a u.n. charter to disarm australia...at the time the federal government had no control over guns here, gun laws were up to each individual state to administer as they saw fit!..we had a massacre in my state when a sick meanie killed 35 people ...that was all the excuse the feds needed to threaten the states to adopt the laws the feds demanded or all federal funding for the states would be stopped!..it was pure blackmail..illegal, unconstitutional, but the laws were passed ...millions of $ were donated by gun owners to lobby to get the laws over turned...nothing happened..our equivelent to the nra is the ssaa...sporting shooters association of australasia...they sold us out...if you want pistols here you have to join the ssaa...they basically support the national laws!...its too damn late for us to get the laws changed here because we have compulsory voting...if we dont vote we get fined and can be sent to jail...lobby groups here have no influence like they do in the u.s...the politicians know either one or the other major party will form government...and they know their turn will come in a few years so all they have to do is be patient! democracy doesnt exhist here!!!...it still does in the u.s.a. and i hope you can maintain it.. i sure dont want to read that you have lost your god given constitutional rights...we look up to you and envy you your freedoms, it gives us heart when we see on tv or read about you standing up for your rights, but if the time comes where you feel you have to fight for those rights, please think it through carefully...you wont be any use if you are dead...be smart and stay alive and keep fighting.

ph, and good luck!
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone that has knowledge of ruby ridge, waco, texas church group or has seen swat teams take out targets knows that civilians cannot resist govt action...civil rights have to be protected by political action beforehand or it is generally to late...check out some points of the patriot act...........