In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Highball,......WS,........Don,...........LT,......

Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
Not being a pain, but some of this seems to be getting out of control, or at least to me.

We have 4 folks being invited at a time,.......incomplete voting, etc.

There needs to be a system IMHO, and I think it should be left up to the first 4 or 5 to decide on that system.

I will give my opinion, and that is all it is,....my opinion.
I think the person should ASK for membership themselves, and make a small post about their beliefs.
The test Highball put up is also fine with me, and I answered even after being inducted.

Also I believe we need to decide if the voting is to be a unanimous vote, or the majority. I did not even vote on NYForester,......it would have been a yea, but regardless, I think several did not vote.

I am simply saying that this is reaching the size where things are going to get quite confusing unless there is a procedure put in place. Just a thought from #6.
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Marc, part of the problem is the spread over many threads. Need to figure something out, for sure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jeff,......I'm not trying to make rules, just a suggestion that I believe Highball, and LT have already recognized by seeing some of their posts.

Everything has to have a form of organization, or it ends up falling apart.
    Heck, membership has doubled in the past week or so, and that is why I think it should be up to the "Founders" per se.

I can also think of a few people, but I will invite them via e-mail, and leave it up to them to decide if they wish to ask or not. I don't really want to put someone on the spot,.......Highball feels that way too I think.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure you all get your secret decoder rings.[:D]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    "Herd of catamounts", fellers...each a tiger in his own right. [:D]

I have been trying..unsuccessfully..to get control of the situation for a week..with 'reason'.

I am not by nature autocratic..and the enemy of a group like ours is 'laying down the law'..for that is what the enemy does. The drones of society like that..makes 'em feel secure..but that is repugnant to such as us.

All that being said..I cannot keep up with the several threads, innumerable nominations, and the ever increasing vote total..spread out as they are.
    I am open to suggestions; ANYTHING to make my life easier !! [:D]

Perhaps we are finding out the reason for the enemies' taking total control of us..it is easier then figuring a way around the problems.

Just an example;
    We ten orginals vote for each new member..in a totally separate thread, designed ONLY for inductees'. At the conclusion of voting, each member deletes his post...or edits it to vote on the NEXT new member;
    Over ten get to vote 'No'..this would allow newer members to impart information that they perhaps have that we missed.
    This would give a thread exclusively devoted to new members and the voting therein; I think this would give a clearer picture of the situation ?

At least until the official 'Decoder Rings' get to each member via. Snail Mail.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Excellent.
    ?Post a thread with this soloution?
  • Options
    Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc; Have received no e-mail as of yet.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    forgive my ignorance guys. But what,(in a nut shell), are you talking about. Been away for a few days and I guess I have mssed something.
  • Options
    Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A certain moderator over in Politics called one of us 'Nothing but Canary *'..we that support and defend the Constitution.

From that humble beginning, we as a small group took that phrase and made it our OWN...We OWN it.

We were but 5..them there has been an explosion here the last couple days. We have...12, I think..and about 4 more to be inducted and confirmed withing the next 48 hours....

Entrance to this select group is simple..yet unreachable for most Collectivists today.

One MUST believe in his heart and Soul that government has NO BUSINESS in the gun control business..that the Second Amendment precludes it. That it is INSANITY of the highest order to allow a government that is supposed to be CONTROLLED by armed Citizens..to control weapons and Citizens that own them.

Further, we hold that most citizens have become like the Borg..mindless drones obedient only to government and the Media...unable to break the bonds of dependence upon and subservience to that self-same government.

That, Sir, is the position of the Order of the Brethren of the Canary *.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball,.......I sent it through GB mail system, which appears to work when it wants to. Just a simple suggestion to possibly make things easier. I'll just put my thought down here instead.

I was thinking that each member wanting to be considered should start their own thread asking for induction, and possibly a brief statement about their beliefs.
    They then go to the test sticky, and reply to the questions.
    At that point the members vote on the inductees original thread,.........after confirmation, that thread is then removed.

Repeat for each member wanting to be considered.
    That way they are asking for themselves,.......no scattered threads with votes, and after induction, it is deleted to keep the clutter down.
    Also makes it easier for existing members to find what they are looking for.

I think it is fine to invite someone if that is what some members want to do,......but do it privately, and then if that individual is interested, they will start their own thread as stated above. No wondering if the multitude of invitees being posted here have accepted or not. Currently we have members voting for folks that have not even accepted, and on different threads.
    The voting is up to you first 4 or 5, as far as I am concerned, as to whether it is a majority, or unanimous.

I would leave the test as a sticky, and replace the voting sticky, with a confirmed member list, as the voting list would not be needed.
    That voting sticky is going to get very long, and confusing IMHO.
    Also on the test sticky,.......the member deletes their response after induction to keep it clean. (which I just did!)

Just trying to help out.