In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Evolving..new method of membership/voting.

Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
The suggestion has been made by Number 6 ; I concur.

We henceforth will require each new prospective member to start a new thread;

That thread will contain a request for membership in the Order of the Brethren of the Canary *;

The thread will contain a short statement detailing the prospective members' belief about the Constitution and related matters.

The prospective member will take the test in the Sticky;
Either there or in his statement ; and clearly, please. We are baffled by BS continually ..we are after the facts here.

Members in good standing will then vote IN THAT THREAD...only. After confirmation, the new member will be placed in permanent roster in the members sticky above.

The new member will, upon being confirmed, delete his own thread ..his first `duty' as it were.

I will place this in the Sticky in a day or two ..after members have a chance to comment, complain, or suggest changes.

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good solution.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    With all due respect, I shall beg for nothing. I was nominated for membership and affirmed my willingness to accept said nomination. Everyone in this group knows where I stand on these issues. With that said, let the cards fall where they may.

This is the last I have to say on the matter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You are already "in"
    And it's not begging, it is just letting us know somebody wants to be known with us, and what their beliefs are.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No call to get defensive, No. 13 C.A. (Ecc);
    This isn't about `begging'. You have made your position known for a very long time ..nobody doubts you.

As I have stated ..we are reaching the end of the commonly known posters now ..those that have the courage to stand up and fight publicly for the Rights and Freedoms so many take for granted.

Surely it is not too much to ask that one stand up and confirm what they believe ?

Personally...I am ALWAYS delighted when somebody asks me what I think. Gives me a chance to expound upon my belief structure ..and expound.and expound..

The delay in confirmation was due entirely to the absence of some voting members...and the unwillingness to just ignore them. At some point in time. we do what we must, however.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:As I have stated ..we are reaching the end of the commonly known posters now ..those that have the courage to stand up and fight publicly for the Rights and Freedoms so many take for granted.

Surely it is not too much to ask that one stand up and confirm what they believe ?

I now see where you are coming from...
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A question.
    If a member recognizes, by way of a non members posts, that they uphold the values of the membership, can that member still invite a non member? Privately of course, through an email. Then the non member can follow the procedure outlined above.

I ask this, because I can think of a few non members out there, although they may not post much, when they do they seem to uphold the values, but may be reluctant to "ask" to join. Possibly thinking they would not qualify, or as ECC put it, they would not want to "beg" for inclusion. A personal invite may alleviate any apprehension.

Going to have a guessing game here. There are currently no lady members. There is (at least) one that may, or may not, meet with y'alls approval. Do not put any names in this thread. We do NOT want to offend anyone by putting (or not putting) their names here. If you think you know who I'm talking about, email me, and I'll let you know if you are right. Then you can invite her. That is of course, if private invites are going to be allowed.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with pickenup, we should still be able to have member "nomination" or "sponsorship" if someone comes along whose postings have made clear their support and respect of the constitution. Perhaps a combination? If a member finds a neophyte who would fit well with "the flock", erphaps we could approach them privately with the matter, then if the idea is greated positively the member could open a thread whereby nomination could be made, voted on and approved or denied.

Also, it would be beneficial to find members of the fairer sex to join The Order, I feel it would lend to greater perspective on methods of informational dissemination and could greatly enhance our ability to be heard.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I personally have no objection to a private invitation. Perhaps the 'invitor' could vet the person a bit..to spare the 'feelings' of the invitee.

As far as the female membership..we should be so lucky. I knew of several a few years ago that would have jumped at the chance..indeed, they put most men to shame. I know of none posting today.

Ahh..I do indeed know at least ONE..upon thinking it over.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:A personal invite may alleviate any apprehension.

As was the case with me.