In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Better living through regulation

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
Copied from GD:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=320767

Two weeks prior, we were robbed, with no one being injured. It was a different worker at the time, but the guy who got shot bought a gun the next day. He didn't have it on him the night he got shot, because he was waiting for his permit.

A man identified an immediate threat and took steps to protect himself. 13 days after he started, he was gunned down because the local authorities would have arrested him had he actually brought the pistol to work to defend himself.

Gun laws only restrict (and put at risk) the law abiding. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Had he been allowed to walk to the nearest shop and purchase a pistol, he would have been able to defend himself the very next day.
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Copied from GD:

Two weeks prior, we were robbed, with no one being injured. It was a different worker at the time, but the guy who got shot bought a gun the next day. He didn't have it on him the night he got shot, because he was waiting for his permit.

A man identified an immediate threat and took steps to protect himself. 13 days after he started, he was gunned down because the local authorities would have arrested him had he actually brought the pistol to work to defend himself.

Gun laws only restrict (and put at risk) the law abiding. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Had he been allowed to walk to the nearest shop and purchase a pistol, he would have been able to defend himself the very next day.

Wonder if the perp was properly licensed before he attempted to kill the law abiding citizen that was left an open target?

Any guesses?[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Copied from GD:

Wonder if the perp was properly licensed before he attempted to kill the law abiding citizen that was left an open target?

Any guesses?[xx(]

Three guesses, and the first 2 don't count.............
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have plans to introduce one of my (hopefully) future clients to the world of firearms next week. They mentioned a similar incident that happens to a friend of theirs.
    I hope eventually, most everyone gets sick of the system and decides it is time to "take care of yourself". These people are in their 50's and have never held a firearm. They are very excited about our future meeting ! - so am I..........
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Marc, good point.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    I have plans to introduce one of my (hopefully) future clients to the world of firearms next week. They mentioned a similar incident that happens to a friend of theirs.
    I hope eventually, most everyone gets sick of the system and decides it is time to "take care of yourself". These people are in their 50's and have never held a firearm. They are very excited about our future meeting ! - so am I..........

Excellent NY!
    Hope they have a good time.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

One of the best things we can do as citizens is to introduce people to responsible firearms ownership and use, and I applaud your efforts. The more people we have in this country who are comfortable with the ownership and use of firearms, the less fear can be generated by those that impose controls and restrictions. As with everything of value, the best defense against those that would restrict is an informed public.

Thanks to people like you, more of the public is becoming informed.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele