In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CA #1...and others of course...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
Here are my thoughts on the voting process. Take them for what they are worth. I C&P'ed this from Rocklobster's post. Just some food for thought. Thanks for looking:

Perhaps it should be the first 10 Aye votes.?.? This might move a potential candidate to a "pending status" while we await further feedback. If there are no Nays or other issues, the pending person could be made a permanent member.?.?

Just a suggestion...I'm not too sure we want to start creating a hierarchy. My .02 is that a Canary * is a Canary *...what makes one CA's opinion more valuable than another's?

One other idea I'd like to present...Perhaps we should have a minimum time limit on membership...so that we can get an accurate idea of a potential candidates real position on things...I suggest that we require they be a member of GB for at least one year prior to membership with the Brethren.

Comments

• Options
    Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ECC;
    I approve of the 'first ten votes'; This allows for members being out of pocket..and cleverly avoids the problem of ten people thinking that they are so much more important then anybody else.

I have reservations about the `minimum time'...some of the best we have were in the thick of things inside a couple weeks.