In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is there a wait period in NJ?

JeroldJerold Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
I've been researching the laws and it gets confusing after a while...

I've been looking up listings for gun shops in NJ and I just want verify that there is NO waiting period to purchase a pistol once you have your FID and pistol Permit(s) in hand. I can essentially walk into a shop, choose and buy a pistol and take it home that day.

There are lot's of reviews about visit worthy shops that are pretty far (southern NJ) and it'll factor into my decision if there IS a wait and I'd have to drive back there a few days later and it takes a few hours to get there.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEHEHEHEHEHE.
    You Jersey folks are a riot. I think you are better off assuming that you arent going to get a gun, "FID" notwithstanding.
    Keep electing those gun grabbers, nd enjoy the benefits of a safe society.[:o)][:o)]
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jerold
    I've been researching the laws and it gets confusing after a while...

I've been looking up listings for gun shops in NJ and I just want verify that there is NO waiting period to purchase a pistol once you have your FID and pistol Permit(s) in hand. I can essentially walk into a shop, choose and buy a pistol and take it home that day.

There are lot's of reviews about visit worthy shops that are pretty far (southern NJ) and it'll factor into my decision if there IS a wait and I'd have to drive back there a few days later and it takes a few hours to get there.

No waiting period. The wait is for the permit. I live in South Jersey, what shops have you been told are visit worthy?
  • Options
    JeroldJerold Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, there's no wait for sure.

I am the proud owner of a new Glock 19!

Still have another Pistol Permit burning a hole in my pocket - I've got 85 days left before it expires and the winner will be a SIG P229 DAK.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read years ago that if you were able to get a CCW permit in NJ that you could not pack hollowpoints outside the home. Is that still the case?