In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Fellow Canary *!

Canary ass no.11Canary ass no.11 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
Interesting. Ron Paul has come out and given his endorsement to Chuck Baldwin, the Constitutional Party candidate. My question is. Should we throw are support behind this candidate who has the same values as Ron Paul?

This has me thinking, since I have always proclaimed, "Ron Paul, no matter what!" Should I put my support behind a candidate who may have a chance at the POTUS position? What say ye? Baldwin 2008?

RP letter: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=582

Baldwin 08: http://www.baldwin08.com/

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I dunno, Ron. Since neither one have a snowball's chance. I think I'll just stick with my guy. I have always wanted to vote "for" somebody for POTUS. I don't know this Baldwin, sure he's alright. I have always wanted Ron Paul to run since I found and started following his work in somewhere around 2003-2004. I'm going to stick with my guy.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    I dunno, Ron. Since neither one have a snowball's chance. I think I'll just stick with my guy. I have always wanted to vote "for" somebody for POTUS. I don't know this Baldwin, sure he's alright. I have always wanted Ron Paul to run since I found and started following his work in somewhere around 2003-2004. I'm going to stick with my guy.

The way I'm thinking Jeff, with the crap that's going on in Washington with this economy, maybe Baldwin would have a hell of a better chance if we would all gather around and support him. People are really pissed off now at the Goverment and are looking for any kind of change. It maybe worth our effort.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Well we have time to watch it unfold bewtween now and the election. If there is an election. If a third party was to miraculously be elected, martial law (dictatorship) would be declared, that's a guarantee. Anybody who believes this can be "fixed" without BOR#2 intervention, is deluded, period.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have voted, and would still do the same even if it was not too late.

The rest of you will simply have to go with what you feel is right.
    Either way,.....the fix is in.
    The outcome will not be changed at the polls.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a disappointment and a partial sell-out by Paul.

The Constitution Party is no such thing, as demonstrated in their preamble below:

The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Providence as we work to restore and preserve these United States.

This great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been and are afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.

The goal of the Constitution Party is to restore American jurisprudence to its Biblical foundations and to limit the federal government to its Constitutional boundaries.

Baldwin is a Jerry Falwell trained preacher who will push his view of morality upon the masses if given half a chance. The Constitution Party Platform

http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php

contains innumerable references to Christian principles, would have the Federal Government dictate what is a marriage, would dictate to the individual states how they should address the abortion issue, etc.

IMO, the Constitution Party is a front group for the activist Christian Right that feels ignored by the GOP. Though they preach individual liberty, it is apparent they would create a Christian Nation that would merely allow outsiders to live within our midst.

If Paul really announced this endorsement because he felt 'admonished by Bob Barr, he has shown a fairly unattractive and petty side, as much of the Constitution Party Platform is counter to the Constitutional platform Paul has espoused to date.

This one will take a while to digest.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sarge,

Baldwin may be a good man, but I made up my mind months ago, and will still be casting my vote for Ron Paul.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm hearing you all, and I appreciate your inputs. I was wondering how others felt. I too believe I will live by my motto: "Ron Paul, no matter what!" and stay with my gut feelings on this one.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    This is a disappointment and a partial sell-out by Paul.

+1 [V]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    While considering myself Christian, I cannot stand behind the Constitutional Party. As Don pointed out, their agenda isn't all that constitutional.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No thanks... I'll stick to voting for Ron Paul. We do not need a fundamentalist (_____) in the White house.

We need a leader of men that understands the constitution.