In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

you guys may have convinced me.

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
ive been thinking about whats going on with the economy and other matters a lot over the last few days and think ive come to a conclusion. id been planning on writing in ronald mcdonald come november just as my way of saying what a circus this all is. however im thinking if im gonna throw away my vote anyway i might as well vote for Ron paul.

Comments

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your vote is not being "thrown away" if you vote Ron Paul.
    We become "collectivists" when we vote for who we think the rest is voting for.[:(]
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josh,

HunterMag beat me to it. Voting for a man who supports the Constitution 100% is never a wasted vote.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thrown away is the wrong word. and voting vor hi would send as good as message as any other so why not.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    josh:

Over the past 3 months, at least 10 people I know have decided to write in Congressman Paul. The roadblock for all was the wasted vote. As Hunter Mag and WS stated, voting for principle is never in vain.

You are voting for the Constitution, a grateful nation thanks you.[:)]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Nice decision. Stand by your convictions and don't listen to the naysayers.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in the State of Illiois. Obamba will carry no matter what. Sad part is a few swing states will determine who the next president is. A few votes either way in those states will make a difference. A vote for Ron Paul in those states will be a usless statement of principal. The rest of us will be stuck with the WORSE of the two evils. You guys will feel better but me and a lot of other people will not.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dammit! another vote for the Gun Grabbing Left wing Liberals....
    I gotta buy more ammo....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    whats wrong with being a gun grabber? im a gun grabber. anytime i can get a good deal on one i grab it. [:D]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Tech141

USA
    875 Posts
    Posted - 09/24/2008 : 10:37:48 PM

Dammit! another vote for the Gun Grabbing Left wing Liberals....
    I gotta buy more ammo....

Positive proof that some of the people can be fooled ALL the time.

Josh; Good decision.
    You will stride away from the polling booth with your head high and steady gaze...the sure sign of a man that has made an ethical decision and stuck to it.

Suah a pity that there are so few that have the balls to do so...
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Positive proof that some of the people can be fooled ALL the time.

Ain't that the truth. How depressing that there are so many.[V]

That's right tech. Time to quit pretending that as long as it goes "slow enough", everything is ok.

Josh, good man! I think you are young. Maybe not, but if you are, you are "figuring things out" early compared to me, and are to be congratulated.

Highball, see? A little patience.[:)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    im 26 years old. still a lot to learn on all accounts.
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    That's right tech. Time to quit pretending everything os ok, as long as it goes "slow enough".

Josh, good man! I think you are young. Maybe not, but if you are, you are "figuring things out" early compared to me, and are to be congratulated.

Highball, see? A little patience.[:)][}:)]

Josh i just want to commend you on your willingness stop and use a little common sense and logic in regards to what the Constitution really stands for. I too i think am about your age(28 here),so your not by your ownself. I think the others here such as HB and wsfire, and the many others would be really surprised at just how many of us up and coming patriots there really is out there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    common sense. that says it all right there. theres nothing common about it any more. people in general are ignorant and dont want to be taught any better. i was always taught that the day you stop learning is the day you die. so with any luck ill continue learning for quite some time yet.
    brickmaster

i agree with you that many here would be surprised how many of us up and coming patriots are out there. thiough there are many more that believe ignorance is bliss. those people are very happy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm 38.[V] I wish I would have figured this 2 party sham out at your ages. WOuld have saved 2 or 3 wasted votes for potus.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i voted form gw the first time. i was 18. oops. second time i just didnt vote. ill vote this time though.
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    i voted form gw the first time. i was 18. oops. second time i just didnt vote. ill vote this time though.

I too voted the way you did but no more! i will not chose the lesser of two evils any more.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    ....And with one raindrop at a time a mighty lake was formed.....
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josh,......you have learned some lessons far earlier than myself.
    You should be proud![;)]

As most of you saw, I already wrote in Ron Paul,......unfortunately I did not succeed in convincing my fiancee, or mother to follow suit.
    You can figure out who they are McVoting for.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm 38. I wish I would have figured this 2 party sham out at your ages. WOuld have saved 2 or 3 wasted votes for potus.

JP,

Same here. 35, and I wish I knew at 20 what I know now.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that is true for all of us. Alot of things could have been different had we open eyes to see back in the day. But better to have them open now, then not opened at all just going blindly along with the rest of the sheeple.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    forgive me if im wrong but dont you guys think your overreacting? all i said is im going to write in rp when i vote. yes that is a step in the right directiog but its only 1 step.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    forgive me if im wrong but dont you guys think your overreacting? all i said is im going to write in rp when i vote. yes that is a step in the right directiog but its only 1 step.

Life has many steps Josh. I think that's the point many here are trying to make.
    When we get old it's common to reflect back on life and to think "only if I knew then what I know now" it's true for me also and I'm trying to instill some of my knowledge into my son(15)so he doesn't make some of the same mistakes that I did. But as we all know trying to convince a 15 year old or any teenager for that matter that father knows best is a daunting task at best.

As long as the seed is planted and watered occaisionally is all we can do.[;)]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Hunter Mag said it his way..a good job.

I reckon I am a bit more ...primitive;

We that stand in the light of freedom see drones endlessly shambling by on a path beaten deep and dark by the trudging feet of robots....when our cries alerts one, and he takes a step out of that endless path...it IS cause for rejoicing for all of us.

A few more steps, Josh, and the herd will lose you forever. The sad thing is...you have to WANT that..for YOU will have to do the research before you are convinced. Nothing we can say will change you mind..you must do that for yourself.

You are begining the turn away from being Borg...
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing I have ever had against Ron Paul I think has been his supporters. I remember reading in the other room that all we needed was to get Paul in there and he would dismantel every Government Department that wasn't directly enumerated in the constitution. Get rid of it. That he would turn the country back to the original intent of the founders. I mean some of you guy have Paul walking on water. But what nobody mentioned that were the other members of the Governemnt that probably would have a thing or two to say about that.

And I'm not against getting rid of some of those wastfull programs BUT..............You can't do it by yourself. And you have a whole House and Senate that would fight you and win at most every turn. And NOT ONE person could tell me how Paul would achieve that great reform. As far as I knew it would be with a wave of his mighty hand and a whole new world would be born. I can't go off that. I need something else. And so far no one has been able to show me anything to change my mind.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    And NOT ONE person could tell me how Paul would achieve that great reform. As far as I knew it would be with a wave of his mighty hand and a whole new world would be born. I can't go off that. I need something else. And so far no one has been able to show me anything to change my mind.

I'll be your huckleberry, HIS SUPPORTERS the same people you detest will back their president to the moon and back, congress would feel the heat of a pissed off populace. Heads would roll, literally. Because the supporters of Ron Paul could firmly stand on his voting records, and principle; His works are of that which founded this nation and worked well for hundreds of years(at least two [:)])

It is disheartening to see people scoff at what this country was made of. One political figure stands up and declares his love for this country by promising and proving that he will follow the blueprint, and the ignorant masses cast stones at him. This country has became great on her principles of freedom life, liberty and happiness, fast forward to the days of police state paid by tax and notice the decline in popularity and power. I believe you could equate the U.S.A. to the titanic.

Buy a 41 quart pressure cooker, grow tomatoes, corn, peas, beans, squash, pumpkins, grapes, apples, pears learn how to can and pickle, we have just hit an iceberg and we're takin on water and you will need these things...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never said I detested anyone. But the ferver that you discribe Paul followers as having can also be attributed to cult followers. And IF his supporters were that many, he would be on the ticket. He isn't. Even if he was, it doesn't meant that he, (or they), could generate anything. There are some that will simply ignore the populace and move on. Thats a fact that has been proven time and again.

Beleive me, I wish there was an answer. But I don't think Paul is it. Maybe next time. But if he does try it again, may I suggest that he and his followers tone it down a bit. No one will elect someone they think is nuts or have rabid followers backing them. Remember NO gun grab ever happen over night. No right was taken over night. They went in and over time got thinks acomplished much to our dismay when it was over. My point being that he can't do anything if he's not there. He won't get there if he doesn't play the game enough to get into the office. Once there.............Who knows. This is assuming that the damage hasn't already been done.

Now That is all I will say about it. These type of threads are what make me sick of the Politics room. Soon the name calling and rude insults would follow and well..................I don't need that. I have offered an opinion and meant no disrespect to anyone. Please except it as such.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    I never said I detested anyone. But the ferver that you discribe Paul followers as having can also be attributed to cult followers. And IF his supporters were that many, he would be on the ticket. He isn't. Even if he was, it doesn't meant that he, (or they), could generate anything. There are some that will simply ignore the populace and move on. Thats a fact that has been proven time and again.

Beleive me, I wish there was an answer. But I don't think Paul is it. Maybe next time. But if he does try it again, may I suggest that he and his followers tone it down a bit. No one will elect someone they think is nuts or have rabid followers backing them. Remember NO gun grab ever happen over night. No right was taken over night. They went in and over time got thinks acomplished much to our dismay when it was over. My point being that he can't do anything if he's not there. He won't get there if he doesn't play the game enough to get into the office. Once there.............Who knows. This is assuming that the damage hasn't already been done.

Now That is all I will say about it. These type of threads are what make me sick of the Politics room. Soon the name calling and rude insults would follow and well..................I don't need that. I have offered an opinion and meant no disrespect to anyone. Please except it as such.

Because we the people, or at least myself, DEMANDS that the government follow ITS OWN DAMN RULES makes me nuts? Who does an American sue if he is killed by an illegal immigrant? Will he win? Does he stand a snowballs chance in hell?

Laws matter not when they are selectively enforced! The truth will shine like a light, it will shed light on the darkness it surrounds. Some do not wish to be in the light, hence Ron Paul is unelectable and his supporters are "kooks". Just remember someday you will get all the government you are paying for, you won't like it.

now go vote repulicrat, or democan this election cause America, there's nothing wrong here. [xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The only thing I have ever had against Ron Paul I think has been his supporters. I remember reading in the other room that all we needed was to get Paul in there and he would dismantel every Government Department that wasn't directly enumerated in the constitution. Get rid of it. That he would turn the country back to the original intent of the founders. I mean some of you guy have Paul walking on water. But what nobody mentioned that were the other members of the Governemnt that probably would have a thing or two to say about that.
    45long:

I have attended the meetings, and yes, there are a number of Paul's supporters that are not mainstream, and there are a number that many would call 'kooks'. The vast majority, however, are simply average people that have come to the realization that there are good things in the U.S. Constitution that are currently being ignored. I was impressed most of all with the complete representation of every age group, from first time voters to those in their 70s and 80s.

A little aside:

In our GOP State Convention, we voted two youngsters, both around 20 years old, to go to St. Paul as Paul delegates, and also voted a seasoned mentor (also a Paul delegate) to accompany them and shepperd them through the process. IMO, these two kids represented the future of the GOP; young, sharp and conservative.

McCain's minions conspired on day two to invalidate the voted delegate slate, and replaced it with a 'Unity Slate'. (We were roughly split 55/45 McCain/Paul in our state convention.) These two youngsters were excluded because they were Paul delegates. They thus saw the ugly side of party politics rather than being sent on the adventure of their short lives.

No, IMO, it is not Paul's supporters that have problems. It is the party hacks that ignore the rules and the Constitution because, in total opposition to McCain's current slogan, it is not Country First, it is Party First.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don:

Thank you for your reply. It was calm and reasoned. WITHOUT ALL THE FRIGGIN CAPS *LOL*

I agree that there are alot of problems with the current political process. No doubt. And at some point in the future there will have to come a change. But it wasn't this year. And I am concerned about who will bring that change and in what form. And will the climate be so extreme that the "solution" will be as equally extreme? And what would the result be? Situations like this and what will come are perfect breeding grounds for a dictitorial leader to come to power. And whatever the good intentions, we have learned through history that absolute power corrupts absolutly. I hope I am dead by the time it happens as it will truely be a sad day. I know there will be some that say that is what we have now but sometimes I think that we are a place now where we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My vote for Paul is a vote not for the person, but for the message of Constitutional Governance. Paul is an imperfect messenger to be sure, but we have to serious enough about the future of this country to fore-go style for substance.

It is my hope that sufficient right-minded citizens join us in voting for the Constitution that the GOP has no choice but to take notice. Absent the GOP moving to the Constitution, we have an incredibly long and potentially violent journey, something none of us want.

FWIW, I would challenge you on your 'hope you are dead' comment. We should be constantly reminded (and are thanks to jpwolf) of the selfless words of Thomas Paine.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don,,,,,Point taken in reference to Payne. 20 years ago I would be right there ready to go. But I'm not getting any younger. *L* But I agree that it will be ugly.