In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Give This Trojan Horse Some Feedback

chathamarmschathamarms Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
American Hunters and Shooters Association, aka The Trojan Horse, has been doing radio ads for Gun BanObama. Using the Trojan Horse approach to try and convince listeners that Obama is a gun owners friend should be punishable by firing squad (or at least a hunting trip with Dick Cheney).

It's obvious from the website this is a bunch of liberal democrat elite high dollar shotgun owners trying to tell the rest of us gun owners what guns and rights we need.

Click the URL below and go to the "Contact Us" link and tell AHSA to shove it where the sun don't shine. Then invite them to a one way hunting trip to your most secret hunting spot.

http://www.huntersandshooters.com

Comments

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the NRA behind this?
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done, and I even used their "email 5 freinds about us" system to alert 5 acquaintances of mine that they are peddling nothing but snake oil.

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's a quote from AHSAs site. [:(]

quote:Gun Legislation & Policy
    "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed"

These 27 words protect the rights of Americans to own and use guns. The American Hunters and Shooters Association is committed to these words and the ideas and principals behind them. Protecting our homes, preserving our liberties, hunting, and sport shooting are American values that AHSA will vigorously defend.

But, there is no constitutional right to arms for criminals, terrorists, or others who seek to abuse the very freedoms the Constitution guarantees.

According to legal memoranda filed in court by the United States Justice Department, the Second Amendment allows for the passage of reasonable laws designed to keep guns out of the wrong hands.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:These 27 words protect the rights of Americans to own and use guns. The American Hunters and Shooters Association is committed to these words and the ideas and principals behind them. Protecting our homes, preserving our liberties, hunting, and sport shooting are American values that AHSA will vigorously defend.

But, there is no constitutional right to arms for criminals, terrorists, or others who seek to abuse the very freedoms the Constitution guarantees.

According to legal memoranda filed in court by the United States Justice Department, the Second Amendment allows for the passage of reasonable laws designed to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Change a few words above..the name of the organization...and this could be a press release from the NRA promoting Project Exile.

The main difference, of course...one supports mccain..the other obama.

BOTH organizations are supporting anti-gun candidates.

So it's a toss-up, in MY mind...
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This organization has on its * at least one individual that came straight from one of the anti-gun orgs,......I do not recall his name, or the org.

We have a local talk radio show that is for "sportsmen", and they were talking about these ads. That is where I got the above info from.
    The host was calling them out as being a front org for antis.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The radio ad being put out by Obama has the president of AHSA, Ray Shockme (or something like that), stating that both McCain and Obama will protect your gun rights.

This is an out and out lie. All one has to do is research Obama's past actions and statements to understand Obama IS anti-gun.

To me, AHSA and Ray Shockme are NO different than any other traitor of the U.S.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:These 27 words protect the rights of Americans to own and use guns. The American Hunters and Shooters Association is committed to these words and the ideas and principals behind them. Protecting our homes, preserving our liberties, hunting, and sport shooting are American values that AHSA will vigorously defend.

Change a few words above..the name of the organization...and this could be a press release from the NRA promoting Project Exile.

The main difference, of course...one supports mccain..the other obama.

BOTH organizations are supporting anti-gun candidates.

So it's a toss-up, in MY mind...

Your kidding right?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Is the NRA behind this?

Are you really part of a Hunter Magazine? If so, let me know which one so I may permenantly cancel my subscription and NEVER pick up another.

Shouldn't the real question be "Is the Anti-Gun Left Behind This?

Sheez, no wonder our gun rights are under fire.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Your kidding right?
    No..actually, I am not kidding at all.

What particular part of my statement were you concerned with ?

Tell me, chathamarms, just so we know what part of the page YOU are on :

Does the Second Amendment give the Federal Government any power at all to regulate, restrict, limit, NICS check, provide for FFLs', or otherwise interfere with the free flow of Weapons in the united States of America ? ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chathamarms
    Is the NRA behind this?

Are you really part of a Hunter Magazine? If so, let me know which one so I may permenantly cancel my subscription and NEVER pick up another.

Actually Hunter Mag comes from a bow I have for deer hunting NOT a magazine.
    My bow is a 2003 Parker and the model is called Hunter Mag.[;)]
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    Is the NRA behind this?

I hunt with the Parker Ultra-lite 31 but i wsh i would have went with the longer Hunter-Mag.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248
    Is the NRA behind this?

I hunt with the Parker Ultra-lite 31 but i wsh i would have went with the longer Hunter-Mag.

And I thought the Hunter Mag was short? I think it's 37" axle to axle.
    By todays standards it not though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yeah i bought intop thae "shorter is better". But i know now that the longer the bow the more forgiving it is and easier to shoot accurately.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248
    yeah i bought intop thae "shorter is better". But i know now that the longer the bow the more forgiving it is and easier to shoot accurately.

Yes they also say "it wount get caught on branches as easily" I've never had that problem. Mine is very accurate(at least for me)and quiet too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Your kidding right?
    No..actually, I am not kidding at all.

What particular part of my statement were you concerned with ?

Tell me, chathamarms, just so we know what part of the page YOU are on :

Does the Second Amendment give the Federal Government any power at all to regulate, restrict, limit, NICS check, provide for FFLs', or otherwise interfere with the free flow of Weapons in the united States of America ? ?

No it doesn't, for law abiding citizens.

The only countries who have EVER had issues with tirany or oppressive governments were those where the citizens were under armed or not armed at all. But for the stance of folks like me, you would still be speaking the queens english or worse, German.

As the U.S. economy continues to decline and our Federal Government continues to be further and further removed from it's citizens there will always be the fear of an armed citizen uprising as the ONLY deterant against those who wish to rewrite our Constitution or replace it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    chathamarms;
    quote:No it doesn't, for law abiding citizens.
    This is worded just vague enough to raise suspicions;

Are you going to support the NICs' check for that purpose ?

If you actually support the Second ..how do you justify supporting the NRA ?

Now ..the rest of your post indicates that you know perfectly well what the Second is all about ..so I will mention once again that the outfit you are condemning is little different then the NRA.

Ever heard of `Project Exile"...or read some of the threads dealing with the gun control stance of the NRA ..as they worked hand-in-glove with the `gun-grabbers' ..a scenario whereby it is difficult to tell the players without a scorecard...
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1

One hell of a caveat. Where does it state that in the Constitution? Anywhere in the BOR? At all?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul

One hell of a caveat. Where does it state that in the Constitution? Anywhere in the BOR? At all?

Not really. As a history buff, you must go back and look at the purpose for the 2nd Amendment being added. It was in direct response to the confiscation of arms in Boston by Her Majesty's Army. It provides a means for citizens to be armed against a tyrannical government(s). For that government to impose ANY restrictions on this for law abiding citizens goes against our entire basis for being. If government limits our 2nd amendment rights to "certain" weapons under "certain" conditions you have just reduced the 2nd Amendment to nothing more than words.

It is foolish for anyone to think the U.S. is finished with revolution. Every country on the planet has and will go through adjustments in its life. The U.S. has seen one. There will likely be more in the future. It is inevitable, as our Country and our founding fathers' ideals grow further and further apart and as Washington becomes more removed, and corporations continue to be driven by greed.

Only by being armed in a similar manor to our government will we overcome and live up to the true creed and fulfilling the destiny our founding fathers fought and died for.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You misunderstand.

There is no provision, nor is any evident in the Federalist Papers, of any intent or willingness to limit arms to "law-abiding" citizens. Only mention is free-men. This means any person not currently incarcerated should have the right of defense restored. Any endorsement of limitations beyond this puts you squarely on the wrong side of the issue. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

NEXT!
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    You misunderstand.

There is no provision, nor is any evident in the Federalist Papers, of any intent or willingness to limit arms to "law-abiding" citizens. Only mention is free-men. This means any person not currently incarcerated should have the right of defense restored. Any endorsement of limitations beyond this puts you squarely on the wrong side of the issue. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

NEXT!

It matters not whether you are right or wrong. But LEGALLY selling firearms to known violent criminals is hurtful to the consciousness. It will NOT be accepted by the majority of the Americans. If you push the issue too hard, the majority of Americans will force a constitutional convention and eliminate the 2A. That will remove your "legal" and/or "constitution right" upon which you and others here base their claim of totally unrestricted gun rights. The founding fathers, which Highbail and others try to claim they have some moral attachment to, PROVIDED for Americans to change the constitution. So if the majority of Americans become disgusted by the claim of Highbail and others of "totally and completely unrestricted gun rights" then their decision to totally remove the 2A is nothing more than following the provisions provided for by the founding fathers.

However, if the 2A was to be LEGALLY removed, people like Highbail would stlll claim a God given right to an unrestricted right to own guns. This means that if any of his followers were to recognize and obey the change in the US Constitution that elimenated the 2A, and wanted to oppose Highbail, they would find that they had now become the enemy of Highbail (just as I apprarently have) and Highbail is willing to go to a shooting war against his former followers.

Codenamepaul, you are an intelligent man. So if you choose to follow Highbail, then I will at least know you know what you are doing. For some of the other C,*, I believe they don't have a clue.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    You misunderstand.

It matters not whether you are right or wrong. But LEGALLY selling firearms to known violent criminals is hurtful to the consciousness. It will NOT be accepted by the majority of the Americans. If you push the issue too hard, the majority of Americans will force a constitutional convention and eliminate the 2A. That will remove your "legal" and/or "constitution right" upon which you and others here base their claim of totally unrestricted gun rights. The founding fathers, which Highbail and others try to claim they have some moral attachment to, PROVIDED for Americans to change the constitution. So if the majority of Americans become disgusted by the claim of Highbail and others of "totally and completely unrestricted gun rights" then their decision to totally remove the 2A is nothing more than following the provisions provided for by the founding fathers.

However, if the 2A was to be LEGALLY removed, people like Highbail would stlll claim a God given right to an unrestricted right to own guns. This means that if any of his followers were to recognize and obey the change in the US Constitution that elimenated the 2A, and wanted to oppose Highbail, they would find that they had now become the enemy of Highbail (just as I apprarently have) and Highbail is willing to go to a shooting war against his former followers.

Codenamepaul, you are an intelligent man. So if you choose to follow Highbail, then I will at least know you know what you are doing. For some of the other C,*, I believe they don't have a clue.

Im not as well in the know as many but how is this possible? Out of the 20,000 laws we have currently surely they have adressesd this already!(sarcasm intended)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This train got off the track in a hurry. How does a simple statement about American Hunters and Shooters Association's insincere intentions to portray Obama as a gun rights politician get highjacked into this.

Getting back on track...AHSA is no more than a Trojan horse front for Obama. It's tactics of creating a nice little website showing some "gentlemen" on bird hunts with high dollar shotguns and stating they and Obama represent gun owners is reprehensible.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Agreed, chatham. ASHA is nothing more than a trojan horse. Well known as it is.

TR- I generally choose to follow no man. I will ,however, stand beside many,yourself included.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Agreed, chatham. ASHA is nothing more than a trojan horse. Well known as it is.
    Sorry..but I MUST add;
    "The NRA is nothing but a Trojan Horse...AS WELL."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Agreed, chatham. ASHA is nothing more than a trojan horse. Well known as it is.
    Sorry..but I MUST add;
    "The NRA is nothing but a Trojan Horse...AS WELL."

I will admit, I know very little about the NRA other than what I read. Tell me what I should know or where to find what I need to know about the NRA.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just look up NRA. Click on "search" in the upper right corner of the screen and go from there. Plenty of debate to sift through. I'll leave it to you to draw your own conclusions, as did I and many others here.