In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ammo blues

Tommy_2_pocketsTommy_2_pockets Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
When I was a kid you could get ammo at KMart, Target, maybe even old general stores, and, of course, the gun shop. And it didn't cost an arm & leg to blast ammo all afternoon. Gun shops are getting fewer and farther between and lots of places don't carry ammo because of so called liability issues. [Another result of the liberal mindset causing decay but that's a different rant.]

So here I am with some nice old 22 rifles and a couple family shotguns to hand down to the next generation and it ocurrs to me that they may not be able to get ammo.

Three quarters of America will be slowly but surely "disarmed" by the simple expedient that they can't get any ammo. Many gun owners just aren't shooters; with a couple boxes each of 2 or 3 different types of ammo for each caliber and they think they're well stocked.

How many home defense hndguns are backed up by just one partial box of ammo?

They don't have to take our guns if they take the ammo.

Comments

• wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ammo will soon be the new currency.

Buy up .22 rimfire in bulk, and reload, reload, reload.

my 2 cents.[;)]
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like a conversation i had in my store the other day, us shooters/hunters/gun owners have to fight it on all sides. we have some people outright trying to ban or further restrict our rights, some attacking the ammunition or types of ammo we can use(think lead free ammo 45 dollars a box), stupid * that think we should microprint our firing pins, anti hunting groups attacking every little thing they can, like outlawing baiting, restricting access to hunting land, media that portrays us as a bunch of militant terrorist because we have guns, and the list goes on and on.

i think i am gonna sell my guns, have an auction at the store, take up knitting, i am just getting sick of it[}:)]

but voting for ron paul is gonna save us[:D], just kidding dont get your panties in an uproar.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a few very short years ago I would go to Big 5 when they had a sale on .22 ammo. 550 rounds for 10.00. I would pick up a couple every time. I don't shoot much .22 so I haven't really went through it. I have probable 4 or 5 thousand rounds of .22 rimfire. As for the Home D ammo, I have probably 3 boxs of the good stuff and about 500 rounds of reloads. I have been slippin of late and not going out loading as much as I should. Plus the cost is starting to go up even for us reloaders. Primers are 40.00 per box of 1000. Powder going up. Everything. Those sales on .22 are now 19.95. Same stuff.

It's a damn shame.