In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Laws

PJTHEDJPJTHEDJ Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I'm curious to see what everyone thinks should happen with guns and laws. Obveously guns are and will remain to be a large part of our history. However with guns in the hands of wrong people, etc, what should be done? Personally the guns with the fingerprint crap, no way. Its a very hard topic though, I am just curious to see what people think.
Thanks

S.K.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,

Im sure this may be in the wrong forum , if so im sorry.

In the US I understand that to own a Gun you require a Gun license. US passport holders and Green cards can get gun licenses.

Does anyone know if temporary workers/students etc on a permit can get a gun permit ?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Love the site and all the knowledge exhibited here.

Can anyone tell me which state(s) is it legal to buy a gun from a private party without registration?

Regards -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you own guns, for what ever reason, and are not interested in Fighting for the 2nd Amendment and the Citizens Right to own and Possess guns, you should consider this. Each owner of Guns and ammunition has the Right According to the Constitution to Own and Possess these guns. However, during this last Election we got some of the MOST RADICAL Polititian's in America who are interested only in their own Power Base and not in America or your Constitutional Rights. In addition, if Hillary is Elected President along with more of the same, you are going to loose the Right to Own guns of any kind because most of these folks are Lawyers and they will find a way to relieve you of the responsibility of owning a gun, ANY GUN. If you doubt this can happen, look at New York and the Sullivan Law, you can figure the future from there.
    Your Response should be, MUST BE!; "YOU CAN HAVE MY GUN WHEN YOU TAKE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS"!
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    CO as well. Other states -- depends on who you're buying from or selling to. [;)]
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PJTHEDJ

Can anyone tell me which state(s) is it legal to buy a gun from a private party without registration?

Regards -

little bit odd for a first post. Anyways, private sales are OK in KY also
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248

little bit odd for a first post.

My first thought also.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

My first thought also.

for some reason i dont think it was a genuine question. possibly a liberal in disguise?
  • Options
    edited November -1

for some reason i dont think it was a genuine question. possibly a liberal in disguise?

But what would be the purpose of such a question? Doesn't seem like useful info to any anti-gunner, besides, it's easily obtainable through other means. And I do agree, it is a rather strange question, first post or not.
  • Options
    edited November -1

But what would be the purpose of such a question? Doesn't seem like useful info to any anti-gunner, besides, it's easily obtainable through other means. And I do agree, it is a rather strange question, first post or not.

Maybe a recent "convert" as far as owning guns are concerned? Or maybe someone who was told very bad info about laws and is just trying to clarify. Anyways whoever he or she may be I want to welcome them to the circus!

Rockatansky, any new pics of chicks on your site worth looking at?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Rockatansky, any new pics of chicks on your site worth looking at?

You'd have to come over there and check for yourself [:p]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PJTHEDJ, welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid the question you pose couldn't be answered, short of writing a book. There are a myriad of laws that apply. Many states allow private sales of firearms, yet cities and/or counties within that state may have laws against it.

For instance. In Colorado, you can freely buy and sell almost any firearms, private party to private party. (excluding class III, etc.) But in the city of denver, you can't even posses a "so called" assault rifle, or what they consider to be a "saturday night special" much less freely buy and/or sell them.

Certain firearms, in certain states, you can buy from neighboring states without going through an FFL. This does NOT apply to all states. But go two states over and buy a firearm, without going through an FFL, and you are going to jail.

While we would like to help with your question, it is just to broad to give a definitive answer to. If you could narrow it down a bit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOL - I'm no liberal. Just wanted to know which states allow such a purchase to see if I live in one or next to one. I have done a search on the Internet and the sites I found were too confusing to figure it out. Read an article about finding inexpensive rifles in this month's Backwoods Home Magazine, and the author suggested buying from a private party in a state where there's no registration needed with such a purchase. That's all - nothing more than that.

My first thought also.

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Regards -

Well if you would like help, perhaps telling us the state you live in, could assist us.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Here is a decent state-by-state list of gun laws.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is NJ a state? [}:)]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forget about Illinois and don't even think about moving here.
    It will take you a minimum of 30 days to get your FOID(firearms owners identification)card to buy a firearm and you can't even buy ammo without it also.[xx(]
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1

Regards -

Mexifornia, and while you're at it get a drivers license too.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now that I think about it...he(?)sounds like a convicted felon trying to buy a gun, no NICS ect.