In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what can a federal felon own

crippledkidcrippledkid Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
can a felon own a airgun,paintball,or bow & arrow. Or in my case of my disability a crossbow, i would love to still go deer hunting. i'm probably $@#!*! though aint i.[?]

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I believe anything up to blackpowder. Is that right, picken, salzo, gunny, anyone?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First, remember ANY information posted here, is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Second, I believe jpwolf to be correct, except....

Since the ATF does not consider black powder weapons to be firearms, they do not fall under their rules. Excluding "inline" black powder firearms, which ARE prohibited. I have also read that while regular bows are OK, crossbows are prohibited as well, but I can find no "rules" that clarify any of this.

You would have to find out about your state laws, as they can be MUCH more prohibitive than federal ones.
  • crippledkidcrippledkid Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WELL SUCK A FAT RABBITquote:Originally posted by pickenup
    First, remember ANY information posted here, is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Second, I believe jpwolf to be correct, except....

Since the ATF does not consider black powder weapons to be firearms, they do not fall under their rules. Excluding "inline" black powder firearms, which ARE prohibited. I have also read that while regular bows are OK, crossbows are prohibited as well, but I can find no "rules" that clarify any of this.

You would have to find out about your state laws, as they can be MUCH more prohibitive than federal ones.
    quote: quote: quote: quote:
  • JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You ask a question and imply that you are a felon and then when we try to help you and are courteous, you become disdain; what's the problem, at least you would be able to use some blackpowder arms and bow for now; maybe your status can be changed although difficult it is not impossible and this government won't be around forever anyway.