In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Keyboard Kommandoes ?

Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
Keyboard Kommandoes;

Perhaps its is time to usurp this term as our very own...we Canary *. We had a great speech given by our very own Honorary Canary * concerning this topic ..and it is a classic.

After all ..isn't one of the complaints of the weakest among us that we are entirely too ready to `go to war'...unwilling to give peace a chance ?

We have ..over and over and over ..explained that we ARE fighting the `soft war'...with a hard edge...right here on these forums, and daily in our real lives...in return we get the sneering `Kommando' title.

As Keyboard Kommandoes, perhaps we can reach enough people to make the hard war unnecessary..Is it not an HONORABLE thing..attempting to effect change non-violently ?
Is not that what we are doing...with the added proviso...WE WILL respond to a gun grab appropriately ..as the Founders directed ?

A soldier trains to fight;
We Canary * are training our minds for the arguments that will be advanced when it is time to re-instate the Constitution in our great country. We MUST be prepared to refute the utter nonsense advanced by such as trfox ..for the country is awash with them.

I have no doubt some will fight on our side ..the better to advance their hidden agendas afterwards.
We Keyboard Kommandoes refine, learn, and advance and get stronger with each post we make and read from OTHER Keyboard Kommandoes.

What think you, fellow Canaries ?

Here is the piece by Honorary Member Pickenup;

Keyboard Kommandos."

While I don't waste much of my time responding to trfox's drivel anymore, since he has shown his true colors, and the worth of his word. Sometimes I just can't help myself. This is one of those times.

trfox, along with others, try to pin a negative connotation to the term. "Keyboard Kommandos" I, on the other hand, choose to place a positive connotation to it. In this day and age, with the advent of the internet (otherwise known as the "INFORMATION super highway") I CHOOSE to use the keyboard as a WEAPON. I CHOOSE to bang away on the keyboard, to spread "information" as best I can.

The keyboard is only ONE of the weapons available to citizens. It can be a most powerful one. Used to find out what they are doing, and to contact your representatives, etc. Not that it helps.

Consider the "information" post about the NRA, that has been posted here before.
(sometimes courtesy of trfox, to counter his drivel, thanks )

Which would you say has been more effective informing people of what is REALLY happening? The factual NRA "information" post, or the "what if" posts continually posted by trfox? Which posts has actually caused more people to RE-think their position? And (dare I say) CHANGE their position.

Without someone/somewhere pounding away on the keyboard, would the citizens have known about the UNpatriot Act, the John Warner Act, the Military Commissions Act, the bill flagged as the "Veterans Disarmament Act" (which showed their true colors, to everyone who could see) Zumbo, etc. The list could go on forever. The point being, it takes someone that is willing to sit and bang away at a keyboard (a Keyboard Kommando, if you will) to pass this information along.

Bottom line is, I will GLADLY accept the moniker of "Keyboard Kommando" and wear it with pride. As I would rather use this weapon, to fight the fight, than most of the "other" weapons that are available to us. While I love the smell of gunpowder burning, if those weapons are unleashed, it is going to get REAL UGLY, REAL FAST.

Comments

• wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. I have said it before, there are many fronts to a war, and informational gathering/disseminating is definitely a front on which we most certainly have to fight in order to counter all the propaganda spread to make us look like mentally imbalanced would-be murderers. AS of now, the keyboard IS our weapon of choice. And those who are pierced by the barbs we sling are still alive as opposed to if the shooting really begins, they would not be. Not such a bad thing to hopefully educate those who are willing to un-plug from the matrix, confront those who support the continued existance of the matrix, and let those in control of it know we will not be brought to heel and forced into servitude.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:let those in control of it know we will not be brought to heel and forced into servitude.

Hear hear! I will NOT be a slave!

The piece by picken was an instant classic, HB. He is one smart patriot![8D]
  • JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One thing that we can do to assist ourselves for the potential conflict that may be inevitable is to pay close attention to how the military and police handle civil unrest here and abroad, being either in the mil or vet or non gov sponsored mil which everyone should be will help a great deal as well. We all should be aware that our gov or any other gov for that matter is not as well prepared or even as organized as they would like the populace to believe as there have been several examples and they continue to manifest themselves. I am not saying underestimate them either, far from it, as that would be self destructive, just that such a large apparatus as the gov can also be quite vulnerable to attack mostly which can't be well defended against and the insurgents have the upper hand and can strike at anytime and then fade back into the background right under their nose, just something to consider as the enemy is not all powerful as they try to appear to be, if they were then there wouldn't be insurgent groups.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    No. 4 in the Order of The Brethren of The Canary *, Kommando of the Keyboard and an Ideals-Warrior in the Army of Individualism......At your service.[:o)][;)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'll go space-bar to space-bar with anyone.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Canary * No. 3

[:D]
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    quote:Originally posted by Canary * No. 3

[:D]

Sounds kinda gay...