In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Somber Report...

JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
The Associated Press Reports The Following:
http://tinyurl.com/4wp4um
After reading this and seeing the examples of people that are totally in despair I thought that this should be posted, so if you leave a comment please be respectful, as you never know who might read this. May GOD have mercy on them and help their families, and a note for any of you whether liberal, conservative or whatever; we all know someone that has done this and have felt the terrible pain that it leaves in its wake, when you do this not only do you hurt yourself you hurt the very people that care about you for the rest of their lives. If you feel this way please talk to someone confidentially as I am sure that everyone of us has a family member or friend that they can trust and that cares about them and if you don't feel that is the case (which I would have to argue that, then I know for a fact that GOD does care about you and you can always talk to him any time.)
Sorry, but I have experienced this all too often in civilian life and in the military and it is always a horrible experience and with everything that is going on today I just felt that I had to state this; probably the psychology classes from school I suppose, anyway we are all in this together.

(Edited ONLY to shorten link)

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    from an email I received this morning:

A SAD NOTE OF A POINTLESS LOSS

"This last week an important member of the freedom movement, Pete Nosan, TA's State Coordinator for California as well as SC for RTR and WTP in California, took his own life. In a note he left he said that the IRS was badgering his employer and, apparently, seeing his sole means of livelihood destroyed Pete saw nothing but downhill paths in his future. Pete's passing will be felt by the entire freedom movement and cause a huge void in the organizations that had come to rely on him for so much. Please remember Pete's family and many friends in your daily devotionals.
    There is something terribly wrong with our government when people consider any disagreement with the government, the wrath of our servants, to be a fate worse than death. This has to stop."

Man, what can you say to people in this state of mind? I feel sorry for them.[V]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will be as kind as possible,.....but killing oneself or others over physical property is absurd to me.

I think many of these folks have other issues, but God bless them anyway.
    This has always happened to an extent throughout time.

What does one do about this?
    Pay off everyones debt so that they won't commit suicide?
    More government programs to cater to folks with mental issues?

I guess I am slightly confused about the purpose of the thread.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Like any other thread that is posted, to bring attention to an issue of interest or concern, what is confusing is why someone would post statements that seem to be careless concerning a subject such as this, as there doesn't seem to be any concern judging by the statements that were made since it doesn't affect you and apparently you have not had to deal with this before; it wasn't posted to be picked apart or to be argued about, it was posted to bring attention to a concern that is all and maybe by posting it someone will find help from it. I am an X Marine and X Soldier and can dispatch quite proficiently without prejudice if necessary however reluctantly, but at the same time need to also be able to provide care to those that may be struggling if necessary and not as a handout vending machine like the government as that does little good nor is very effective and I think that there is enough of that going on already. Things such as these are covered in the Constitution as "promote the general welfare", (common good) which would not be to do nothing or be apathetic to the problem as we cannot just turn a blind eye and let our society fall apart, if they need help we must try and help them to the best of our ability, we cannot just embrace parts of the Constitution nor can we just acknowledge parts of the Holy Scriptures as we will render an account to the Lord.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I didn't know there was such a thing as a "ex-marine".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Marc, I thnk alot of the intent was maybe to make you a little more aware of friends and family and to watch for signs that might tip you off that somebody you care about may be about to do something selfish. You know, be aware more than normal of red flags. You would know what to do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jpwolf - "There is something terribly wrong with our government when people consider any disagreement with the government, the wrath of our servants, to be a fate worse than death. This has to stop."

I am truly sorry for the loss of one of our own, they have our deepest sympathies for their loss and may GOD Almighty receive him into His divine care and heal the family.
    Yes, there is something wrong with it, most certainly.

freemind - "I didn't know there was such a thing as a "ex-marine".

Yeah, I suppose that there is as I don't work for the gov anymore so I guess I am on my own working for a non gov sponsored military now.

jpwolf - I thnk alot of the intent was maybe to make you a little more aware of friends and family and to watch for signs that might tip you off that somebody you care about may be about to do something selfish. You know, be aware more than normal of red flags. You would know what to do.

Your statement was exactly right of the intent, just to bring it to peoples attention and especially during the up coming holidays where things do intensify and if some of you don't want to take the responsibility of watching out for your fellow human than let one of us know as I am sure that we will get involved which they will thank us for later.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jug, I understand Marc's thinking on this in a generalized and trust me, he is the type to get involved if your chips are down. Marc is as good as they come, bar none!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am sure that you are right and I am sure that he is an upstanding citizen, I was responding in general and tried to convey that as much as possible, just a simple misunderstanding apparently, its all good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sure. I'm quick to defend my friend.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can appreciate that, although we are on the same side at least most of us anyway.