In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DenVII on Weapons Bans

tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
This was posted on the politics forum, but I have moved it here for obvious reasons.DenVII

USA
1245 Posts
Posted - 10/06/2008 : 11:24:05 AM
Actually, both the Reagan and Bush initiatives seem to make sense to me.

People should not own machine guns.....there's far too much chance of them being stolen and misused. If rich people can now own some older machine guns, that should be changed.

And why should it be legal to import a crapload of cheap assault rifles from Bulgaria??? American guns are better and subject to quality standards.

Sometimes the quiver-lipped whiners here just AMAZE me with how unrealistic they are......can't they see that SOME gun laws are necessary to make our nation safer?
DenVII

USA
1245 Posts
Posted - 10/06/2008 : 1:01:48 PM

quote:
You have GOT to be kidding me.

Not at all.

Machine guns are a hundred times more effective mass killers than normal hunting weapons.

Thus they are in a special category.

That's easy.

Yes.....keeping them away from criminals DOES make us all safer.
DenVII

USA
1245 Posts
Posted - 10/06/2008 : 1:05:05 PM

quote:
Millions of angry, heavily-armed working folks is something the government opposes, for obvious reasons.

Maybe forty years ago that was true.

That was then, this is now.

Flooding the market with cheap assault rifles makes America a more dangerous place for everyone.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone is entitled to their own "feelings".
    Personally I would love to hear someone who has such "feelings", explain how their feelings should be government policy, notwithstanding the second amendment.
    Of course one could say that such laws are necessary, and therefore the second amendment should be ignored. But I would much prefer hear those who have such feelings,explain how such laws do not violate the second amendment.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    This is typical of far-left ideologues. Spew a bunch of unsubstantiated claims based on feelings rather than fact. Actual crime statistics prove that all of the above is false, nothing but propaganda designed to create an emotional response.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    It is painfully obvious that you sir do not have any understanding of the meaning of the 2nd amendment. We do not own firearms for just sport. Who are you to tell me what I do not need. Next you will bring up the 50 cal ban. Oh wait - we don't really need short pistols. Oh my - why would anybody need a semi-auto even. And wait - lets register them all so we can track criminals. People like you do not care that there are already 20,000,000 firearm infringments on record as laws - you want me to believe that liberal crap spewing from your keyboard. I laugh at you and fart in your general direction.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Please correct me if I am wrong;
    But isn't this the guy that got the Politics forum shut down ?
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is also a guy who belives William Ayers is a hero(he stated this in the politics forum)[xx(]
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    DenVII has an agenda to stir up as much crap as he can. Along with his buddy Hairy. I used to argue with them now I just laugh at their attemps to stir things up. If everyone iqnored them they would go away.
  • Options
    rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlueTic
    It is painfully obvious that you sir do not have any understanding of the meaning of the 2nd amendment. We do not own firearms for just sport. Who are you to tell me what I do not need. Next you will bring up the 50 cal ban. Oh wait - we don't really need short pistols. Oh my - why would anybody need a semi-auto even. And wait - lets register them all so we can track criminals. People like you do not care that there are already 20,000,000 firearm infringments on record as laws - you want me to believe that liberal crap spewing from your keyboard. I laugh at you and fart in your general direction.

Well said sir, I live in one of the most liberal states in the union, and I have had it up to my eye balls with these kind of folks who pretend to "know all" because they either read it in the new york times or saw it on msnbc.!! Enough, don't like it? move to Holland!!
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    DenVII has an agenda to stir up as much crap as he can. Along with his buddy Hairy. I used to argue with them now I just laugh at their attemps to stir things up. If everyone iqnored them they would go away.

You sure got that right!!!

Our best bet is to keep the hardened criminals/killers in prison.
    That will keep us "safe"

Do we ban alcohol? or take away the drivers licence for drunk driving? DUH!