In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OK I am trying to do something about it ....

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
I signed up for the more organized militia. We will see if they respond. I am ready for "experience" in military ops and other training to come with it. I don't kow how much time I can spare, but I will spare all I can for liberty's sake. I hope this isn't an organization that is more concerned with "dues" than people with will/heart. It does not appear to anyway. I hope for the best. I gather I was getting at this question:
Are any of you all members of a more organized militia?(Not talking government military/LEO)Was it particularily long and drawn out to get in?

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not me,...........nothing around here except a bunch of "nutcases" that do some stuff out in the National Forest, and they are mostly Skinheads, and of that sort,.........half are probably meth-heads also, from what I have heard.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Not me,...........nothing around here except a bunch of "nutcases" that do some stuff out in the National Forest, and they are mostly Skinheads, and of that sort,.........half are probably meth-heads also, from what I have heard.

Well I COULD form the same judgement of the Indiana Militia, but I won't. I want to see/hear for myself and make my own decision. You never know Marc, those guys you speak of may NOT be what you think they are, then again maybe they are.You never know until you take the first step to knowing them. Besides if they are what you belive, at least you will know for sure. I never have liked second hand opinions, as I am sure you don't either. The media/rumors/and lefties have a habit of demonizing things they don't like. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind,.........unfortunately the only guess I made was the "meth-head" part!
    I saw them one day "training",.......most had shaved heads, and ZZ Top style goatees or beards, and were drunk off of their butts,......at least the majority. Also it is kind of hard to miss Neo-Nazi t-shirts, and armbands.
    I agree with your premise for others, but I did not make my post clear enough. I have my own prejudices,.......but I have no interest in associating with Neo-Nazis.
    Wish something else would start around here,.........there is a website for a Florida militia, but it is always "coming soon", and under construction, with no location, or contact info.
    I have checked the idea out though.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check it out, you might like it.
    I belong to a few hunting clubs. Over the years we have become familiar with each others strengths and weaknesses. Some personalities don't mesh with others. After a while you gravitate to certain people and form small tight groups. In these groups I have learned many things. We camp, hunt, shoot and fish together. We discuss the past, present and future. We have shooting parties regularly. We might not have it all figured out, but we at least have a direction. I think we all need the camaraderie of a small militia.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind,.....I also agree with NYForester, as I believe he was responding to your post. You should certainly check out what you are talking about!
    I just didn't give enough info in my first post, and that is what required the second. I am looking on a regular basis,........and have that webpage saved! I check it every week,..........but this "organization", that I am referring to, is not something that I believe any of us would want to belong to, at least not me. They probably have their own baby Hitler, that they all salute! To me those people are what I mentioned before in other posts,........they are a bunch of "loser followers", that have found a "leader", that they simply accept all of his garbage,..........I am taking a guess, as I do not know anything much about Skinheads, and Neo-Nazis, except what is pretty clear.
    Hope what you find in your area is much different.[;)]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOOD for you.

I for one, will find it interesting to see what your experiences will be, with this group. I'm sure that as a "new" member, you will not be allowed into the "inner circle" your first day, but I have confidence that you will get a good "feel" for the place before long. Let us know how it goes if you can/will. Don't know, they may have rules against that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Progress to date:
    No contact from brigade I applied to.No return contact from Headquarters. No longform application, link does NOT work. WTH? Are these guys serious or are they just trying to see how commited I am? Sending out snail mail today ....[V]
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    freemind:

Here you go, this just about covers it all! Maybe you can find something here that will help you out.

Your link to all of the militia sites out there:

http://www.lizmichael.com/cartridg.htm
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Be careful.
    Most organized 'unorganized' militia out there are infiltrated by the beast....and have been for years.
    The main thrust of these moles is to influence and direct others into illegal behaviour.
    The ground rules are pretty clear.

No explosives, no full-autos without FULL documentation,no silencers ditto,no hand gernades,no threats against ANYBODY, no 'attack plans'...the list grows daily as the Beast grows in power and reach.

As the number of people increases, the probability of being compromised becomes an absolute certainty.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Be careful.
    Most organized 'unorganized' militia out there are infiltrated by the beast....and have been for years.
    The main thrust of these moles is to influence and direct others into illegal behaviour.
    The ground rules are pretty clear.

No explosives, no full-autos without FULL documentation,no silencers ditto,no hand gernades,no threats against ANYBODY, no 'attack plans'...the list grows daily as the Beast grows in power and reach.

This is exactly why I say if you're going to own this kind of stuff, don't tell a soul that you do.

As the number of people increases, the probability of being compromised becomes an absolute certainty.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do NOT advocate owning ANY illegal items today.

I believe that owning them places one at far more risk then is permisible, giiven the small numbers of Americans left here in this country.
    The proper time to aquire all these items is after the ball starts...not before.
    While 'keeping it to yourself' is a noble sentiment...got a wife ? I can tell you about a half-dozen divorces where the little woman strikes a beeline to the police to 'tell all'...Girlfreinds that 'saw something', and felt the need to inform...ad nauseum..

WDB's is where many such items are accessed..and any fairly competant machinest can turn out nearly any gadget wanted in a tick or three...

The only way for the bast+++++ to destroy what is in your head is to kill you...and no matter HOW much they will want to kill all Americans..they will not succeed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:and no matter HOW much they will want to kill all Americans..they will not succeed.

+1
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do NOT advocate owning ANY illegal items today.

I believe that owning them places one at far more risk then is permisible, giiven the small numbers of Americans left here in this country.
    The proper time to aquire all these items is after the ball starts...not before.
    While 'keeping it to yourself' is a noble sentiment...got a wife ? I can tell you about a half-dozen divorces where the little woman strikes a beeline to the police to 'tell all'...Girlfreinds that 'saw something', and felt the need to inform...ad nauseum..

WDB's is where many such items are accessed..and any fairly competant machinest can turn out nearly any gadget wanted in a tick or three...

The only way for the bast+++++ to destroy what is in your head is to kill you...and no matter HOW much they will want to kill all Americans..they will not succeed.

What is WDB's ?
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    warm dead bodies.
  • Options
    Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well mark, while i cannot speak for the Ocala skin headed miss guided, possible meth-headed, hate group, that are hell bent on trying to "train" to kill every jew, spik, negro, or any body that does not conform to their view. i seriously doubt that that was the "militia" that was running around in the woods. I infact have contact with many militia leaders/members in Florida. though i am not a member due to me being in the Army, and i am not able to legaly enter into the militia. But I know from experiance that these were not the militia. as freemind said you should check out and do some research on your part. I know i have. My friend is trying to put together the CFM or Central Florida Militia. I support him, and i actually encourage him. he is a very honest person, and is not racist in any way. He like myself, want's to preserve the Constitution and what this country was founded on. He also has organized several trips during the katrina crisis. Joining the militia is a wonderful choice for those who are either too old, or do not want to join the actual military and go to Iraq every other year like myself. However, you do need to be careful and research the group in which you are joining. there are many out there who sat that they are militia, but they may be a militia for another cause. be cautious, but dont give in to the propoganda that the government have so graciously bestowed upon its now naive populace.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Aaron,.........you may be right! I can only go by what I have seen,.......and more to the point, been able to find!
    The one I DID find, is what I spoke of. If you have other contacts, I would love to have them also.
    I have watched this one other particular website for months,.......it is always,......"COMING SOON", it may be the person that you know, and are referring to.
    I don't love everyone by any means,.......but I am not a Neo-Nazi, and never will be. You need to "chill", a bit, as I described what I saw in the "forest",......accurately! Hopefully, it was not your friends group! Maybe that is touching a nerve for you. If it isn't,........give me some info. You know how to contact me.
    Take Care
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no, no, no, you did not strike a nerve[:)] i was not really directly speaking to you Mark, but in general terms to every body interested in the militia movement. I know of the web site that you refer to www.militia-of-florida.com they have been "under construction" for a while now. my friend tried to contact them, but never got an answer. The contacts that i was speaking of is the KY. state militia. but since we are not in KY, then that is alittle counter productive. i do however know about what you speak of in the Ocala NF. i knew a student that went to school with me in HS and he was big into the NEO-NAZI stuff. he trid to get me to go "train" with him (in Ocala)and said that they go once a month. they do consider themselves a militia, but not in the sence that you, freemind, highball, TR, myself, or the Constitution talk about. they are a militia of hate twards minority, race, and religion. My friend, or well i should use the word Acquaintance, was telling me alittle about what they do...i got bored in class, so i thought i would bug him a-bit... lets just say that after i bugged him i was sorry i did, and i was alittle sick afterwards. i cant stand Prejudice people like that. Hell my step father is Gay! yeah that was a shocker to me and my wife when he came out, but i still love him for who he is, not what he is. he is a person just like everyone else. but these guys (the neo nazi) dont seem to understand that. i dont know. like i said it is great to belong to a militia. Hell if i was not in the army, i would join up or start my own, but here agian you really have to be careful now days as big brother is always watching, and you Definitely dont want to get mixed up in the wrong group, or i fear a black bag over the head, and a dark 4x4 solitary cell is in the near future.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh and freemind, from what i know of the indiana Mil. they are a good group. and yes they do take a while to get into. they have to make sure you are not some kind of FBI guy trying to infultrate and bring them down.[:)] If you could set up a personal with some of the higher ranking members that would be your best shot!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i dont remember where i read this, but in order for a Militia to be legaly Legit, they have to form a petition, and have the state government sign them into being, designating offices and ranks. in essence you would become like the National Guard, but you would stay Stateside and not be at the bidding of the state like the nationl guard is. you only answer to your oficers who have been appointed by the state. thought i seriously doubt that this has or ever will happen, this is the actual real militia.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep,..........that is the website I was referring to! It has been the same page for a very long time,..........doesn't look promising.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:well mark, while i cannot speak for the Ocala skin headed miss guided, possible meth-headed, hate group, that are hell bent on trying to "train" to kill every jew, spik, negro, or any body that does not conform to their view. i seriously doubt that that was the "militia" that was running around in the woods. I infact have contact with many militia leaders/members in Florida.

No offense Aaron,.......but read what you wrote above, and then translate that into your response afterwards to me, where you said you were aware of Neo's out in the Ocala NF. I only "run around" in one area of the woods, and it IS the one we are both speaking of. You are becoming confusing![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry, did not mean to confuse. when i said that i could not speak for them

well mark, while i cannot speak for the Ocala skin headed miss guided, possible meth-headed, hate group, that are hell bent on trying to "train" to kill every jew, spik, negro, or any body that does not conform to their view.

what i meant is that i have no 1st hand exp. with them. but based on the person that i knew from HS, their group is out in the forest quite a bit. hmmm never thought of this, but we should let the park service know. mabye they could keep a watch out for these guys. i am sure that most of them are packin' while they are in the woods and since it is a Ntl. forest it is criminal. mabye we could put a cap on this group[:)]there are alot of woods included in the forest, not just the range. i would know, i sometimes go out in the brush when i am pissed, or need to think and wander a bit. only gotten lost once, but wasnt for long. (a compas is always good to have[:D] ) hope this clears it up. if not i might have confused you more.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Law enforcement has been aware of them for years. I don't really give a "rats butt" about them,........but am not interested in joining them of course.
    At this point I am giving much consideration to the intelligence of joining an "organized" militia anyway. I don't really know if belonging to something that will likely put a target on my forehead, and also the ability to be brought into something that could be caused by an irrational militia "leader", or another member. All they need is one "nutcase", and then every name that they find in the records, is going to be a target for God knows how much grief.
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc1301:

Convert to Islam, start a legitimate nonprofit, tax-deductible charity, and you can do anything you want. As a Muslim (even if you are a know felon) you can apparently operate with impunity. Full auto's, machine guns, bombs and hold terrorist training classes, whatever turns you on, and never show up on a terrorist watch list. It's happening all over the country now and some have been in operation for more than 20 years, so it is a proven method. BUT, Don't try this as an American Christian; you won't make it 6 month's!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As an update:
    I received my hard copy application this week, filled it out , and sent it off. Wow, they wanted to see a copy of ccw, resume, passport photo, the works! I am still hopefull though. It did say I needed to pay material costs (at cost of coarse) and needed to buy "the basics".
    I hope for a speedy return.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, can't belive I neglected this thread.

To date:
    Brigade commander.

• Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    I am a human Palladin of 8th level [:p][}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind;
    Not downplaying your efforts; Not criticizing your rank.

Remember;
    The men that fall out for this coming effort will follow only successful leaders.
    Naturally ..I speak for myself ..but it has been echoed by others;
    The man that survives and deals death blows to the enemy will gather tough, determined men around him...and the also-ran officer corps like those that infest the military today will go begging.
    Be smart, be bold, and watch for back-stabbers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind;
    Not downplaying your efforts; Not criticizing your rank.

Remember;
    The men that fall out for this coming effort will follow only successful leaders.
    Naturally ..I speak for myself ..but it has been echoed by others;
    The man that survives and deals death blows to the enemy will gather tough, determined men around him...and the also-ran officer corps like those that infest the military today will go begging.
    Be smart, be bold, and watch for back-stabbers.

A smart man sees the forest for the trees, Bert.

I see what is shortly to come. I know, that when there is "unrest" that those who fight it, won't be funded well enough to take the fight just anywhere. We will have to fight, on our local soil.
    With any fight, there must be some kind of order, even in a "gorilla" type war.

We learn from what we can. Take whatever knowledge we can aquire, and apply it when/if needed. Sucess cannot be made, doing trial and error, when there is no room for error.

While I may have attained a rank and place, don't think I swear blind loyalty to one man. I swear my loyalty to God, Country, and Family.

The earth IS shaking friend. The time is near. Things are picking up speed at an increadible rate. I am betting you dollars to doughnuts, that Martial Law will be called BEFORE the next twelve months have passed. I am betting more likely before summer.

The fella I work for, never being one to worry before, now worries about government taking over the farming industry. He sees them buying/ready to buy banks. Farming would be a natural next step..

Take over the money system, take over food. Guess who becomes a subject then?
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    It appears that only freemind is willing to actually go out and pound the ground training and physically do something. While others watch from a safe distance and pound their keyboards.

Hence the term "Keyboard Kommandos."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    It appears that only freemind is willing to actually go out and pound the ground training and physically do something. While others watch from a safe distance and pound their keyboards.

I don't think I am the only one training for "what if".
    I am the only one, to my knowledge, that will get organized publically.
    Perhaps I am foolish, but I don't care to hide my light in the closet. If it makes me a target, so be it. Just hope they know, this target know how to sling lead too.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by trfox:

It appears that only freemind is willing to actually go out and pound the ground training and physically do something.

Miss Cleo, you have no idea what anyone else is doing. I do, however, know what you are doing. By your own admission, you are aiding and abetting in the erosion of the RTKBA, courtesy of the NRA, the organization which you support.

While others watch from a safe distance and pound their keyboards.

Yet there you sit, banging on yours as a child does on a toy piano. With all due respect to the child, though, he is doing something productive.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    yea fox, pounding that keyboard.

How many posts is that for you?

Hypocrite.[xx(]
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    noly kind of militia ive heard mention of in CT is the the govorners horse and foot guards. who by my understanding are all but under the direct control of the state. my brother and i were looking into legit non warmongering malitias late last year-early this year and that was all we could find in our area. anyone have a website/address/any info on any organization in the CT/ southern mass area?
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Keyboard Kommandos."

While I don't waste much of my time responding to trfox's drivel anymore, since he has shown his true colors, and the worth of his word. Sometimes I just can't help myself. This is one of those times. [:D]

trfox, along with others, try to pin a negative connotation to the term. "Keyboard Kommandos" I, on the other hand, choose to place a positive connotation to it. In this day and age, with the advent of the internet (otherwise known as the "INFORMATION super highway") I CHOOSE to use the keyboard as a WEAPON. I CHOOSE to bang away on the keyboard, to spread "information" as best I can.

The keyboard is only ONE of the weapons available to citizens. It can be a most powerful one. Used to find out what they are doing, and to contact your representatives, etc. Not that it helps. [V]

Consider the "information" post about the NRA, that has been posted here before.
    (sometimes courtesy of trfox, to counter his drivel, thanks [;)])

Which would you say has been more effective informing people of what is REALLY happening? The factual NRA "information" post, or the "what if" posts continually posted by trfox? Which posts has actually caused more people to RE-think their position? And (dare I say) CHANGE their position.

Without someone/somewhere pounding away on the keyboard, would the citizens have known about the UNpatriot Act, the John Warner Act, the Military Commissions Act, the bill flagged as the "Veterans Disarmament Act" (which showed their true colors, to everyone who could see) Zumbo, etc. The list could go on forever. The point being, it takes someone that is willing to sit and bang away at a keyboard (a Keyboard Kommando, if you will) to pass this information along.

Bottom line is, I will GLADLY accept the moniker of "Keyboard Kommando" and wear it with pride. As I would rather use this weapon, to fight the fight, than most of the "other" weapons that are available to us. While I love the smell of gunpowder burning, if those weapons are unleashed, it is going to get REAL UGLY, REAL FAST.

trfox.

To address your other snide remark.

You sit there in your nice warm home (yes, I am assuming) and smugly accuse others of watching from a safe distance and pound their keyboards.
    You are COMPLETELY CLUELESS as to what others do. (as usual)
    I really do wish I would have the opportunity to challenge YOU to a contest. A match, so to speak. Your choice, rifle, shotgun, handgun, or any combination of these. Your choice of a combat, or defensive, course. Day or night, inside or outside, again....your choice. I would even give you two out of three, or three out of five. Wouldn't want any excuses from you. I may get my rear handed to me on a platter, but I would take that bet.

You see, along with what I can do with my keyboard, I CHOOSE to be proficient with those "other" weapons that are available to me. While I have slacked off lately, I would shoot at least once, and up to three different matches, EVERY WEEKEND. I am down to once or twice a weekend, and I may even skip a weekend or two. How many times do you shoot tr, every weekend? How proficient are you? Or is your preferred weapon of choice actually....the "keyboard"?

Whether or not I am affiliated with like minded folk, I CHOOSE not to post that information on the internet. NO one needs to know, along with "someone" might try to use it against me, with some kind of negative connotation attached to it, like you did with the fact that I have a ponytail. (BTW, J-FYI, that is when I lost ANY respect for you, you just had to stoop that low) And being completely immaterial, if I remember correctly, using that fact, did NOT help your cause. ROFLMAO.

OK, I admit it, I was BORED.
    I am done playing whack the fox.....for now.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Yet there you sit, banging on yours as a child does on a toy piano.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I am done playing whack the fox.....for now.

But why,......it's so easy to win![:D]
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by pickenup:

trfox, along with others, try to pin a negative connotation to the term. "Keyboard Kommandos" I, on the other hand, choose to place a positive connotation to it. In this day and age, with the advent of the internet (otherwise known as the "INFORMATION super highway") I CHOOSE to use the keyboard as a WEAPON. I CHOOSE to bang away on the keyboard, to spread "information" as best I can.

The keyboard is only ONE of the weapons available to citizens. It can be a most powerful one. Used to find out what they are doing, and to contact your representatives, etc. Not that it helps.

Consider the "information" post about the NRA, that has been posted here before.
    (sometimes courtesy of trfox, to counter his drivel, thanks )

Which would you say has been more effective informing people of what is REALLY happening? The factual NRA "information" post, or the "what if" posts continually posted by trfox? Which posts has actually caused more people to RE-think their position? And (dare I say) CHANGE their position.

Without someone/somewhere pounding away on the keyboard, would the citizens have known about the UNpatriot Act, the John Warner Act, the Military Commissions Act, the bill flagged as the "Veterans Disarmament Act" (which showed their true colors, to everyone who could see) Zumbo, etc. The list could go on forever. The point being, it takes someone that is willing to sit and bang away at a keyboard (a Keyboard Kommando, if you will) to pass this information along.

Bottom line is, I will GLADLY accept the moniker of "Keyboard Kommando" and wear it with pride.

Pick,

Good point. I had never looked at it from that angle. Great post.[;)]
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Good point. I had never looked at it from that angle. Great post.[;)]

You haven't? Ever read the works of the Founding Fathers? How about a saying about how powerful a pen can be in hands of a skilled writer?