In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

project for college

marky_mark1984marky_mark1984 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Im doing a project in college about gun control. I personally am against serious gun control, as I own a lot of rifles and pistols. But Im trying to get viewpoints on if the U.S. needs more gun control or less. Any viewpoints are welcomed. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    As a police officer with 30+ ON THE STREET I can say we need to repel ALL laws now on the books, federal, state and local, which restrict, or deny any responsible person from, obtaining, carrying, and using firearms.[:(!]
    These laws make for a target rich environment for the victimizers (criminals)!
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one thing to pay attention to is history. they are the greatest indicator of what works and what doesn't.

look at crime statistics for places like detriot, chicago, washington d.c., they are places that have a very high level crime and many, many gun laws. look at countries that have banned guns, such as the united kingdom and australia. crime rates began increaseing after guns were banned.

remember too that gun laws do not affect the criminals, they affect us, lawful, rightful owners. when the gun bans came in those other countries the criminals did not turn in their firearms.

please let us know how your project turns out.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can say we need to repeal ALL laws now on the books, federal, state and local, which restrict, or deny any responsible person from, obtaining, caring, and using firearms.
    These laws make for a target rich environment for the victimizers (criminals)!, including tyrants.

Fixed it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Damn it boy stop putting words in my mouth![}:)]
    If we repeal ALL LAWS we will have a lawless society and Jeff and I will be out of a job![;)]
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was referring to any law that retricts, regulates, or removes the RTKBA.[;)]

I in no way suggest or condone that we have no laws, period.

Reminds me of an old comedian. My Dad used to have a record of him. He went by the moniker of 'Brother Dave Garner'. In one of his routines, he used to say, "I believe we should legalize everything; that way, there would be no crime."[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WS,
    I thought that was what the liberals are saying, EXCEPT FOR GUNS of course!!![xx(]