In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

checking in

canary ass no.15canary ass no.15 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Lettin you guys know that you have it more than covered here and im not around much because i choose to further our ideology on other forums. Keep up the good work!

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Don't be a stranger for too long Brick.[;)]

No. 4 out.
  • Options
    Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. 15 ;

Seems a bit tame around these parts any more ..indeed. Rarely does the enemy rear its ugly head with some preposterous claim of the many benefits of governmental control of weapons.

I am sure that we haven't convinced the entire lot of the validity of our stance; Merely the reaction to the fact that they are no longer piling a dozen of them on one or two people ..as is the history of the forums.

Today, we tend to rally in support of each other...and truthfully, with the caliber of men we have, rarely is there any cause for more then one or two of us to even bother to respond to the occasional "we gotta have gun control" collectivist.

Perhaps, also, the stunning (to some people) events of the last few weeks may well have FORCED some people to think beyond their stock accounts..(now much smaller) and look at their hole card.
    Many of them perhaps realize they HAVE no hole card...

In any case..drop around and say howdy now and again. Never know when things will heat up again. I expect a broad-based push in the near future...attempting to get folks to blurt out things that they perhaps shouldn't really say in public...

Canary * No. 1.... Out.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not many folks have the stomach for a fight (even one consisting solely of words), fewer still actually seek it out.

Even more rare is the guy that can back up his bluster with facts.

The canary * are fortunate indeed to have several such men in their ranks.

I don't think its as much of a "conversion" (at least not en masse) as simply a matter of folks getting tired of being pummeled relentlessly in debate.......

Folks just don't like losing, I guess [:)]
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Not many folks have the stomach for a fight (even one consisting solely of words), fewer still actually seek it out.

Even more rare is the guy that can back up his bluster with facts.

The canary * are fortunate indeed to have several such men in their ranks.

I don't think its as much of a "conversion" (at least not en masse) as simply a matter of folks getting tired of being pummeled relentlessly in debate.......

Folks just don't like losing, I guess [:)]

On one hand, I agree with you, Rack Ops, but it is rather speculative and your subjective perception. You simply don't know what others are capable of in time of crisis, be it a global shtf or just a bar brawl or an internet forum argument. Assumption is the mother of all what?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rock, that wasn't my intent.

I was merely crediting some of the CAs for their first-rate ability to debate.

Any seeming endorsement of their willingness to pick up the rifle was merely a miscommunication on my part.....as you said, no one knows for sure until "it" happens
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gotcha, Rack Ops. Sorry, I must have misunderstood.

PS. would love to find someone to debate with, instead of exchanging loads of feces and measuring of the wee-wees...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A good debate can be hard to find around here, but it can be done.

The trouble is that most people seem to believe that debate is a matter of ideological purity....To acknowlege being wrong, even when it is painfully obvious, is to admit defeat.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most around here would rather badger/belittle/insult than actually debate.

Sorry #15 for the drift...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Most around here would rather badger/belittle/insult than actually debate.

A good debate can be hard to find around here, but it can be done.

The trouble is that most people seem to believe that debate is a matter of ideological purity....To acknowlege being wrong, even when it is painfully obvious, is to admit defeat.

Well, you both are right, of course, the only thing I would add is that egos play a much bigger part when people are communicating for some reason, and for that same reason, most people just seek approval, even if it is in their own eyes, and it's for many impossible to achieve without "winning" an argument (debating is not arguing, in this instance), but lacking verbal, logical skills and/or knowledge on the subject matter, the only possible path is to get personal. I am sure I am stating the obvious here, but I guess, just reiterating.

Rack Ops, to accept own fault is the hardest thing for most to overcome. People have been known to reach for cosmos, defeat armies, rule nations, but unable to admit being wrong. Go figure, Napoleon complex.

And I am naming names or have anyone in mind, most people are guilty, and not just here, everywhere, been guilty of that myself, probably sometimes still fall into the trap of inferiority complex.

quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Sorry #15 for the drift...

Yeah, me too. Though, nah, not really. [:p]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    You boys having fun yet...stroking each other ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

Don't be jealous, you have tr and jr.
  • Options
    edited November -1

The other CAs not showing you enough attention? [;)]
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Thats right I am still here and checking in!!![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

The other CAs not showing you enough attention? [;)]

Eh? I though you declined and I am bitter about not having been "invited"? [}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Rock,
    I don't think I have ever seen you post anything non insulting or intelligent until I read your posts above. Did you take your meds today???[}:)][;)][?]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    Rock,
    I don't think I have ever seen you post anything non insulting or intelligent until I read your posts above. Did you take your meds today???[}:)][;)][?]

You just have to know Rock. IMO, a good guy, but snide and snippy sometimes. We all have our quirks, and I accept his, the way he is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

You just have to know Rock. IMO, a good guy, but snide and snippy sometimes. We all have our quirks, and I accept his, the way he is.

Funny how it only works one way, note though, I am not bitching or complaining, just observing (saying to CMA from remarks of all regular geniuses that are all too predictable).

emoticon-misc-026.gifemoticon-misc-027.gif