In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jim Rau......

wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
A few weeks ago, there was a heated debate going on here on the subject of 'scaring folks away' with a 'no-compromise, no restriction, no regulation' belief in the RTKBA. It was stated that folks were more likeley to be attracted by the 'softer' approach.

The following is from GD forum, 9/18/08:

originally posted by brickmaster1248: (replying to trfox)

Not too long ago i was with you and your thoughts but after some common sense thought and some research i feel otherwise! I dont doubt you are passionate of your beleifs on the Constitution and and that is to be commended. But lay off the stupid anologys and screwed up scenarios they are really RETARDED! To be honest its the likes of you (trfox) and Jim Rau that has run me astray from your side. Have a good day sir.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fox should change his screen name to tr_nag....I know Jim Rau is more of a "work within the system" type, but I don't think I've seen that strikes me as being obnoxious from him.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    [8D][:D][B)][;)][}:)]OH well![8)]
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Wonder where jim went?
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your looking for votes, I like Jim Rau's views much better than the "patriots".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's good steve, thanks. It's nice to know where you stand, err umm, I mean kneel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jpwolf, dont drink the cool aid.[:D]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This isn't about 'votes' anymore.

It is about those fighting for the Constitution...and those who don't.

Its about 'lines'..the dividing line between bedrock...and sand.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    originally posted by steve45:

If your looking for votes, I like Jim Rau's views much better than the "patriots".

jpwolf, dont drink the cool aid.

steve45; don't swallow the schit. Oops, too late[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wsfiredude, your mother wears army boots![:D][:D][:D]quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    originally posted by steve45:

jpwolf, dont drink the cool aid.

steve45; don't swallow the schit. Oops, too late[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wsfiredude, your mother wears army boots![:D][:D][:D]

steve45, is this the best you can come up with? You stated you prefer the views of a collectivist over a patriot, I rebut with the truth, and your response is, 'Your mother wears army boots." Original steve; very original. If you are going to insult my mother, please get your facts straight. My mother happens to be a Marine Mom.[;)]
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    My mother happens to be a Marine Mom.[;)][/blue]

does that mean she wears flip-flops?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

You mean 'shower shoes'?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WTH is shower shoes?! [B)]

Flip-flops:

6581~Beach-Bound-Flip-Flops-Posters.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    'shower shoes' is Marine lingo for flip-flops.

Thought that's what you were hinting at with the flip-flop statement. Otherwise, i didn't understand the point you were trying to convey.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I was making a joke. Apparently not a very funny one. [B)][:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I didn't get the joke. Explain.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh come on, how do you explain a joke? "marine mom", not wearing army boots, hence wears marine footwear which happens to be flip-flops or as you said in Marine speak - shower shoes. hahah, funny [:D] [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wsfiredude, It was sarcasm, an attempt at saying goodbye without lowering myself to namecalling. [8D]quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Wsfiredude, your mother wears army boots![:D][:D][:D]

steve45, is this the best you can come up with? You stated you prefer the views of a collectivist over a patriot, I rebut with the truth, and your response is, 'Your mother wears army boots." Original steve; very original. If you are going to insult my mother, please get your facts straight. My mother happens to be a Marine Mom.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought liberals were the most intolerant, vulger people I have ever met, but I may have been wrong!!!![;)]
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    This isn't about 'votes' anymore.

It is about those fighting for the Constitution...and those who don't.

Its about 'lines'..the dividing line between bedrock...and sand.

"Bedrock and sand" is usually found outdoors. You and your computer keyboard seem to spend a lot of time "indoors." Thus the new term "indoor keyboard kommando."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tr fox-NRA's personal keyboard kommando.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D] Thats funny right there!quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    I thought liberals were the most intolerant, vulger people I have ever met, but I may have been wrong!!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    origianlly posted by trfox:

"Bedrock and sand" is usually found outdoors. You and your computer keyboard seem to spend a lot of time "indoors." Thus the new term "indoor keyboard kommando."

Tr,

Once you get a hold of a new 'catch phrase', you certainly wear it down quickly. First, it was 'sitting on the sidelines'. Now it's 'keyboard kommando'. What's next?

Here ya go, tr, how's this......

Tr, if you would exert as much energy in doing something productive for the RTKBA, instead of just banging away on your keyboard, we gun owners might make some progress. You won't put your money where your mouth is, and support organizations that truly fight for the 2nd amendment, or candidates that stand on the Constitution. All you do is sit on the sidelines. When you do get up, it's just to go to your keyboard and pound away more about how much you are doing, and to rant incessantly, pitching a tantrum like the child who didn't get the toy they wanted for Christmas.

Tell us, oh 'titan of the talk', what are you doing for the Constitution?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WS,
    Once again I am remiss in my etiquette. I didn't realize there were TWO threads just for me. Please start numbering them so we can keep track.[}:)]
    Thank you for this one.[8D]
    HB,
    It's two to one now!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My apologies WS, I just noticed this was the FIRST thread, SORRY![;)]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    WS,
    Once again I am remiss in my etiquette. I didn't realize there were TWO threads just for me. Please start numbering them so we can keep track.[}:)]
    Thank you for this one.[8D]
    HB,
    It's two to one now!!![;)]

Jim you should feel honored to garner so much attention.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I don't thrive on attention. But I guess I will never learn to keep my mouth shut.[;)]
    I am an old country boy, and I was brought up to speak my mind, and this stuff (RTKABA) is on my mind A LOT and has been for the last 20 years or so.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I don't thrive on attention. But I guess I will never learn to keep my mouth shut.[;)]
    I am an old country boy, and I was brought up to speak my mind, and this stuff (RTKABA) is on my mind A LOT and has been for the last 20 years or so.[:)]

Better than being part of the herd.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I have certainly not been part of the 'herd' here or any where. I am on several other sights and on one they think I am a 'gun nut' for my stance on the RTKABA's and here some call me a 'anit-gunner' ,[;)] 'Tory', the 'enemy'. I guess I just stir the pot no matter where I go!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I have certainly not been part of the 'herd' here or any where. I am on several other sights and on one they think I am a 'gun nut' for my stance on the RTKABA's and here some call me a 'anit-gunner' ,[;)] 'Tory', the 'enemy'. I guess I just stir the pot no matter where I go!!!

Ya know that's so true. On other sites I visit once in a while hunting/guns come up then you get replies like "oh just another gun freak thread" or "guns are just meant to kill people" mentality.
    Pretty sick. Then I mention the 2nd and the anti's/sheeple don't know what to think then...cause they've never been told about the 2nd just the anti propaganda they see on TV ect.

Then some come around but not too often.
    It feels good though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ] I guess I just stir the pot no matter where I go!!!

Anyone as developed as you are trying to discuss serious matters would "stir the pot" - most people just can't stand stupidity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rock,
    You are living up to your rep, nothing intelligent AGAIN!![}:)]
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim,

Sometimes "stirring the pot" can actually lead to some good, in-depth discussions about the issues we delve into. We may not see eye to eye on things regarding 2A (the more I've learned regarding just what our founders had in minid for it, the more militant I become in my support of their intentions, whereas you do your "work within the system" thing, IMO to each their own) but the debates generated can lead people to a greater understanding by making them more inclined to educate themselves on the matter.

There will always be name-calling, as some here on GB have developed online rivalries and no matter what will not find any common ground. We canaries have taken and given heat in the matter, but I think those on the outside looking in may take something from these cyber-pi$$ing contests, and maybe, just maybe, it will stir something in them to look further into the issue and put their past perceptions on hold until they have a better understanding. At least that is my hope, that more people WAKE UP, as I feel I've done, and see that we've gone badly astray on just what role "the gummint" should play in our lives. I have no use for those who need to sugar coat stuff and can't handle reality, and I have no patience to explain (as you would to a 3 year old) why we have certain rights and why "The Man" has NO G'DAM BUSINESS knowing whats in my gun cabinet

Perhaps it's a pipe dream, but I would very much like to not be demonized for demanding respect for my right to Keep and Bear Arms. Too many just label us "gun nuts" and refuse to see just where we're coming from.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    r4,
    You are correct. I have learned to live by something my Dear Grandma drilled into our heads when we were kids and some would like to pick on others. "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me". When people, like the 'rock', bad mouth me I consider myself doing them a valuable service. Some people just never mature. They have a NEED act in a childish immature manner and this don't bother me in the least to assist them in their needs, no matter how silly they sound or how nasty they get. Another thing I learned many years ago when some says bad things is to 'consider the source'.
    I have traded 'barbs' with some here and other places. I do not hold a grudge because of 'words'.
    You are correct, it is quit stimulating, that is why I am here![8D]
    One thing I have mastered is the 'art' of getting to those who think we are 'gun nuts'. This is the VERY POINT I have been trying to make to MANY here. Don't come on like a 'gun nut'. Be suttle in your approach then when you have their attention and they are relaxed and not defensive make your point and let it soak in. If you are 'in their face' on your initial contact you are labeled as a 'gun nut' and this equals no creditability![V]
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Jim, These * couldn't find the definition of "subtle" if you opened the dictionary to that page and left it for them and left it on their school playground, I only hope the anti-gun crowd doesn't discover this nest of true "gun nuts" and finds some way to use it in their anti-gun propaganda.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Jim, These * couldn't find the definition of "subtle" if you opened the dictionary to that page and left it for them and left it on their school playground, I only hope the anti-gun crowd doesn't discover this nest of true "gun nuts" and finds some way to use it in their anti-gun propaganda.

Debatable, but we can find the definition of "moron", your picture is right next to it.[;)]

As for the anti-gun crowd finding this "nest" of true Constitutionalists, well, you are here, so I guess it is too late.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Jim, These * couldn't find the definition of "subtle" if you opened the dictionary to that page and left it for them and left it on their school playground, I only hope the anti-gun crowd doesn't discover this nest of true "gun nuts" and finds some way to use it in their anti-gun propaganda.

Maybe you better go away and go away and quit provoking us and provoking us.[:o)]

quote:As for the anti-gun crowd finding this "nest" of true Constitutionalists, well, you are here, so I guess it is too late.
    [B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It take two to tango gents!!!![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Debatable, but we can find the definition of "moron", your picture is right next to it.[;)]

As for the anti-gun crowd finding this "nest" of true Constitutionalists, well, you are here, so I guess it is too late.[:)]

496 I think tr means the NRA. [;)]