In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thank You, Mr Cooper

Comments

• Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unbelievable, how could a firearm manufacturer knowingly do something such as this given so much opportunity to support the Second Amendment.

Response from cooperfirearms.com:

In response to the recent article highlighting Dan Cooper's personal political donations, the board of directors, shareholders and employees of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc would like to issue the following statement.

The employees, shareholders and board of directors of Cooper Firearms of Montana do not share the personal political views of Dan Cooper.
    Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the
    shareholders of Cooper Firearms.

The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc.
    Daily operations will continue with the competent staff currently in place in Stevensville, MT producing the finest, most accurate rifles money can buy.

Dan Cooper has spent all of his working life producing the highest quality rifles built here in the USA. He started with nothing but the American Dream and built that into firearms company anyone would be proud of. We firmly believe Dan stands by the 2nd amendment.
    We wish him all of the best in his future pursuits.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suppose they can ask him to resign, but of course that implies they can not force him to resign.

He could have voted for the guy without giving the interview, going public has probably allowed a gun owner or two to follow suit. However strongly he feels about other issues I wonder if he would support Obama if his business involved semi auto rifles, hi cap magazines or handguns instead of relatively legislatively safe bolt action rifles?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    I suppose they can ask him to resign, but of course that implies they can not force him to resign. He could have voted for the guy without giving the interview, going public has probably allowed a gun owner or two to follow suit. However strongly he feels about other issues I wonder if he would support Obama if his business involved semi auto rifles, hi cap magazines or handguns instead of relatively legislatively safe bolt action rifles?

Who knows, this guy has already shown himself to be a traitor, he is lucky that the company doesn't lynch him for treason against the Constitution. How could anyone with a brain vote for Osama Hussein, if that !@#$%& gets elected it is because of the stupid liberal people in this country. I feel sorry for the hold out patriots in places like California and New York and other areas where the patriots are outnumbered astronomically.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think he is gonna get "zumboed"[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He should get tarred and feathered and paraded through the streets wearing a sandwich board stating that he is a liberal servant of obama.