In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

post shtf america

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
what movie do you think it would most compare to?

postman: i could see that happening, thats what i have been prepared for.

waterworld: dammit, al gore was right, not likely where i live.

V for Vendetta: highball thinks hes v i think, most likely to happen.

i am legend: also could happen, if someone came out with a weight loss drug that turned people into zombies i think we would be screwed inside of 6 months, think the big phen phen fiasco.

road warrior: i think that would be a wild fun time, nope it would suck too but at least you can just shoot whoever looks like he should be shot.

thanks ruger 41 i forgot about the stand

the stand: should be a good topic now that religion is drug into it, good movie for six hours. mostly realistic in the beginning. superflu? i think i had that once.

what other ones did i miss? ill add some later too[:)]

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I definately think we will see something similar to The Postman here in my lifetime. I enjoyed V for Vendetta--it sure shows a lot of similarities to what is going on these days. Stephen King's The Stand is a shtf movie--similar to I Am Legend where a deadly virus gets out and kills half the population.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I think, I hope, it would be more like Braveheart. Giving it All, for freedom.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Wolverines!!!!!!
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apocalyptic_and_post-apocalyptic_fiction

quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal

i am legend: also could happen, if someone came out with a weight loss drug that turned people into zombies i think we would be screwed inside of 6 months, think the big phen phen fiasco.

LOL. that's hilarious! I think TV combined with weight loss, BallPark Frank enlargement and all of those anxiety control drugs will do the deed.
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd guess it would be more like the show "Jericho", if you've ever seen it (on NETFLIX instantly too). Seems more likely -- gradually more social unrest as existing supplies get depleted, then town against town for supplies and land for farming etc. Factions of the military claiming power, and eventual civil war.
  • Options
    broknaxlbroknaxl Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with the Jehrico scenario, I think that could be more then likely. Or a Financial melt down, such as what is starting. Also see the Omega Man with Charleton Heston, it's the original to I am Legend.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess would be the Muppet Movie.

Unless more people internalize our Constitutional Freedoms and Liberties, and recognize that it is Government, not the people that should be limited, we will all be puppets of that greater power that speaks for us and controls our movements.

In short, unless We the People realize what we have lost and continue to lose, and soon, the S will never hit the Fan.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Demolition man comes to mind

I liked how all the restaurants were taco bell!!
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp
    Demolition man comes to mind

I liked how all the restaurants were taco bell!!

Did you ever figure out how to use the sea shells ?
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All good movies and very fitting for post crash Amerika, except the fact for V for Vendetta had some sort of weird part in the movie that I thought detracted from the movie and which had nothing to do with the movie; other than that it was a good movie, too bad they cant make a different version. Speaking of the Muppet Movie, I miss the Muppet Show that was a great show.
  • Options
    WildWest223WildWest223 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be like 28 weeks later, except instead of zombies it would be Obama followers that drank the kool aid .....[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WildWest223
    It would be like 28 weeks later, except instead of zombies it would be Obama followers that drank the kool aid .....[:D]

Yeah, 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later were great zombie flicks.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    definatly mad max...or as you call it the road warrior...when it first came out i believed something similar was inevitable for the future...its a pity you all got the "dubbed" version of it...that ruined a good movie.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, not to us in the U.S. as the dubbed version is what most of us are used to, although I don't mind the original un-dubbed version its just a bit different is all, however both Mad Max and the Road Warrior are 2 great movies.
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DBV
    I'd guess it would be more like the show "Jericho", if you've ever seen it (on NETFLIX instantly too). Seems more likely -- gradually more social unrest as existing supplies get depleted, then town against town for supplies and land for farming etc. Factions of the military claiming power, and eventual civil war.

Ever why Jerico was taken off the air so fast. it hit a soft spot in politics. Now there is a chance where it can happen and then we will have 2 governments fighting for control of this country. I think Jerico is as close to TSHTF as it can get.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to thank codenamepaul for the Red Dawn reference.

Unfortunately, the most accuarate film will probably be The Matrix. The government will shove tubes down our throat and up our butts, control everything we intake and expell, and we will gladly drift off into the twilight while Big Brother takes care of us.