In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I joined the GOA.

chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
I have danced around stepping up to the plate and the NRA endorsement of McCain was the last straw for me. I signed up for a life membership. I will continue my basic membership with the NRA and support the Friends of the NRA and their work with organized shooting activities.

They asked me to introduce myself so I did. It is below.

quote:I am an agnostic, pro abortion, gay rights supporting, feminist supporting social liberal. I am also an ardent gun rights supporter who knows the reason the 2nd Amendment exists is not so I can hunt or go target shooting. It is there so I have recourse against the potential tyranny of government or any other entity that would violate my rights as a living breathing creature.

Takes all kinds I guess.

Comments

• Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am an agnostic, pro abortion, gay rights supporting, feminist supporting social liberal. I am also an ardent gun rights supporter who knows the reason the 2nd Amendment exists is not so I can hunt or go target shooting. It is there so I have recourse against the potential tyranny of government or any other entity that would violate my rights as a living breathing creature.

Although my views to those in bold may be completely 180, that is where the differences end. The remainder of your statement is one which I am in 100% agreement on. While some of your stances may be the exact opposite of mine, you have the absolute right to believe in the way of your choosing, and any individual who stands 100% on the Constitution is one which I consider an ally, and I am quite certain GOA will see it the same.

Congrats on joining a no compromise RTKBA organization.[;)]
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Although my views to those in bold may be completely 180, that is where the differences end. The remainder of your statement is one which I am in 100% agreement on. While some of your stances may be the exact opposite of mine, you have the absolute right to believe in the way of your choosing, and any individual who stands 100% on the Constitution is one which I consider an ally, and I am quite certain GOA will see it the same.

Congrats on joining a no compromise RTKBA organization.[;)]

Thanks.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to a true, no compromise, RTKBA organization.

I still support Friends of the NRA, as they do a LOT of good.
    But I will NOT support the legislative branch.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    chaoslodge, welcome to a true gun-rights organization. Thanks for joining.

Regardless of one's views on differing social and societal issues, as long as one loves freedom and understands and supports the BOR, one is largely A-Okay in my book.[;)]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think "some" of his intro was "tongue in cheek" per se,.......but what do I know.

Congrats from another GOA member.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You didn't also include the photo of you in a kilt did you?

[:D]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scott:

Thank you from a fellow life member.

Don
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    BS. wolf in sheep's... etc.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    BS. wolf in sheep's... etc.

Rock:

I am curious as to what you mean by this.
    Have you read much of what chaos has written?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I have been a yearly dues paying GOA and SAF member probably longer than most people here. In addition to that I have also often posted alerts from the GOA on GB.com and have consistently urged gun owners to join at least one pro-gun rights organization. NRA, GOA, etc.

Yet all I receive in my case is anger and hate. I guess you * must have someone to hate in order to keep your "focus."
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yet all I receive in my case is anger and hate. I guess you * must have someone to hate in order to keep your "focus."

Tr,

I don't know about the 'hate' part of your statement. I believe that is 'stretching' it a bit. However....

When one embraces and condones traitorous views, and openly endorses those views in the presence of those who espouse the stance of the Founders, one cannot be expected to be welcomed with open arms.

You should consider yourself fortunate in that all you receive here is verbal chastisement. 200 years ago you would have been labeled a tory, and most likely would have been tarred and feathered.
  • Options
    chathamarmschathamarms Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know which pro-gun group is better than the other. I am a member of NRA.

What I do know is that the liberal anti-gun groups have accomplished their goal. That of splintering our ranks, filling our heads with false promise and lies, and making gun ownership a dirty three letter word.

We have started down a very, very dangerous path. It may not end in widespread violence or civil war on our watch or even our kid's watch. But it is on the path and like the Doomsday clock of the cold war era, the clock has been set in motion and has just moved one step closer to that end.

God be with the United States.
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the NRA expected to support an assault weapons ban or other outright anti-gun legislation, as we know that the GOA wont, and I was considering joining both the GOA and NRA, but when there is a fifth column conspiracy involved it is difficult to make that decision.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think GOA is a better bet, as they are a "no compromise" group as opposed to finding some infringement to be palatable. When I have the $$ I am joining GOA too.
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I think I am going off of "my enemy's enemy is my friend" philosophy although I cant tell if they are enemies or friends.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The record shows that the NRA has supported...helped WRITE ..many anti-gun laws.

The one thing I have tried to do for many years now...alert gun-owners
    to the perils of allowing traitors into the same fox-hole as staunch Second Amendment supporters.
    They are shooting you in the back EVERY DAY.witness the unending attacks on us by trfox and others on General.
    Those boys will side with the Beast, time comes. They cannot even support the Constitution when times are GOOD ..what do you expect from them when things go to snit ?
    They cry CONTINUALLY for `solidarity, joining together, ect' ..but the joining they want is for you to compromise away your Rights, your freedoms, and ultimately your very LIFE to tyranny.as they have.

They are comfortable wearing chains ..and hate your guts for pointing to those chains.
    Many times I have extended that hand of friendship to them ..the hand of a free man, based in the Constitution.

That hand has been spit upon..over and over and over.
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    What is the difference between the GOA and NRA I wave been in contact with the GOA about a lifetime membership so I can help fight for What I believe in.