In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I Need some Informations really fast!

Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
I live in cook county IL and I was at cabelas talking to the guy in the gun libary about a m4. He said I can own one because there are many loop holes in the cook county ban. Is there? I have tried to find it on line but there are only parts of it. I really want to pick up a rifle before all the bans and outragous taxes take effect. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Why would the cabelas rep. lie?
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You still have time before any ban legislation even goes anywhere or if in fact it happens and then is put down or if it happens at all; although I am quite sure that our enemies will at least make an attempt to take away our Constitutional Rights and try to ban everything from squirt guns to 20mm rifles. I have been looking and it would probably take a bit longer to wade through your county and city ordinances as I am not that familiar with Illinois laws as I am with some other states.
    If the FFL dealer in Cabelas is in your area however and claims that he can sell you the selected firearm, than more than likely he is not going to risk a myriad of trouble for himself and you by doing so, although I personally don't really trust anyone and would do some more research with the city and county just to be sure first as you don't want any trouble. Maybe put some money down on it to hold as long as you can get it back if you find out otherwise if your concerned about someone else getting it.
    FWIW just got off the phone with Cabelas and talked with one of their gun people who confirmed the information, although again I would still look into it.
    Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know when you buy a weapon from them you sign a piece of paper saying you will follow all athe rules and laws of the state and county you live in. If I do it and sign the paper I think it all falls on me, but then I have to get caught with the rifle.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may regret saying this...

If you have a Cabela's in Cook County, Illinois that is willing to sell you an AR-15 (and you are clear with them about where you live and have proper identification, etc.) THEN BUY THE DAMN GUN!!!!

I live in one of the greatest states for buying guns, and my Cabela's has about 4 people review every firearm transaction. They know that if they screw something up then they will be in BIG trouble with the BATFE. And it won't just be that store, it will be the WHOLE CHAIN.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the cabelas is NOT in cook county. but I can not afford the 980 for the complete gun I have been trying to find a complete lower, and pick up a complete upper later. I think the only way to get it would be to sell my 5906.